Hi, currently I use Koss Sporta Pro and I'm really satisfied with their sound (I listen 192kb mp3s =)). I listen following genres: rock, industrial and something with a lot of vocal like Amy Macdonald. I'm tired of these annoying wires, so I want to buy something wirelss. I have no ability to listen them before buying because the only wireless headphones which are sold on my country are Nokia Purity Pro. I've lurked through tons of wireless bluetooth headhpones over the internet but still don't know which to buy.
What do I need from it (the first is most important)?
- sound like in Koss Porta Pro or better (I love Porta's bass and vocal; I don't know how to explain this "better", for example I've tried wired Beats which costs something like 500$ and I wasn't satisfied with it)
- I'd prefer open-back headphones, but as I see there are no good open-back wireless headphones. So if it's closed-back I want good noise cancellation to be able to cancel noise when somebody watches TV in same room (I mean - it will be great to work with headphones in silence without music) or to be able to watch movies in subway (there is 100db noise level). And also I don't want sound leaking.
- I want to use it as hands-free for my Android phone and Blackberry Playbook tablet (I also plan to use it with my Windows laptop) - I hope all of these headphones can do this
- I will wear it with glasses, but it seems that comfort with glasses is very individual thing
- Buttons for "play", "pause", "next track", "answer call", "cancel call" - I hope all of these headphones have such controls
- Battery life (I've read that Parrot Zik live only for 6 hours)
- Suitable for big head - I wear Porta Pro practically on maximum size
- Not to be very hot for ears - probably all of them will be hot =[
Currently I've stopped on following models:
- Nokia BH-940 Purity Pro
- Logitech UE 9000 - good bass but bad noise cancellation?
- Bose AE2w - sound leaks? bad bass?
- Sony MDR-1RBT - no active noise cancellation but maybe good passive noise cancellation?
- Sony DR-BTN200 - low price
- Denon AH-NCW500BK - sound leaks?
- Klipsch Image One - good bass - like in Porta or not?
- Philips SHB9100/28 - low price
- Harman Kardon Wireless - strange design but good sound?
- Parrot Zik - great controls but short battery life?
Currently I like most of all Logitech UE 9000 and Sony MDR-1RBT. But this opinion is based only on reviews (and all of headphones in my list have rather good reviews) and their design (and both of them probably have average noise cancellation =/). But I prefer to buy headphones for 100$ or 200$ if they are equal to UE9000 or MDR-1RBT 350+$.
It will be great to heard opinion of someone who used Koss Porta Pro and then bought wireless headphones.
Main thing is sound. It would be really frustrating to buy headphones for more than 300$, wait for them at least for a month ant then realize that you don't like it's sound.