Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games i do play the audio really doesnt matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a fiio e09k and some sort of dac ( I would prefer portable so I can use it with my m100s on the go). I am currently using beyerdynamic dt 990 pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio i can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a e17 or would a e07k work fine with the e09k
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 9/29/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- DT 990 pro help Last post on 3/8/15 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio e09k + iMac Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? Last post on 12/21/13 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Q701 AMP, DAC or combo. Last post on 1/1/14 at 5:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games I do play the audio really doesn't matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a Fiio E09K and some sort of DAC (I would prefer portable so I can use it with my M100s on the go). I am currently using Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio I can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a E17 or would a E07K work fine with the E09K
Skip get the E09K, just use the E17 for desktop and portable.
Also the only advantage the E17 has over the E07K is it supports 24/192 bitrate (optical) and has an optical connector.
On USB they are both the same and the E09K gives the 250 Ohm headphones some power to play with.
- Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 23 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TURBULENT LABS ONYX MANTA GRADO LEATHER HEADBAND 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T51p & T51i impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2