Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games i do play the audio really doesnt matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a fiio e09k and some sort of dac ( I would prefer portable so I can use it with my m100s on the go). I am currently using beyerdynamic dt 990 pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio i can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a e17 or would a e07k work fine with the e09k
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 9/29/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio e09k + iMac Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? Last post on 12/21/13 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Q701 AMP, DAC or combo. Last post on 1/1/14 at 5:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What would produce better sound quality Fiio E09k or Asus Xonar Phoebus (ROG) Last post on 9/29/13 at 10:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games I do play the audio really doesn't matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a Fiio E09K and some sort of DAC (I would prefer portable so I can use it with my M100s on the go). I am currently using Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio I can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a E17 or would a E07K work fine with the E09K
Skip get the E09K, just use the E17 for desktop and portable.
Also the only advantage the E17 has over the E07K is it supports 24/192 bitrate (optical) and has an optical connector.
On USB they are both the same and the E09K gives the 250 Ohm headphones some power to play with.
- Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Earwerkz Legend-R CIEM - As New 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)