Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games i do play the audio really doesnt matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a fiio e09k and some sort of dac ( I would prefer portable so I can use it with my m100s on the go). I am currently using beyerdynamic dt 990 pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio i can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a e17 or would a e07k work fine with the e09k
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 9/29/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 9/29/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by hirtmic, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio e09k + iMac Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 6:56 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? Last post on 12/21/13 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Q701 AMP, DAC or combo. Last post on 1/1/14 at 5:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What would produce better sound quality Fiio E09k or Asus Xonar Phoebus (ROG) Last post on 9/29/13 at 10:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ive been looking to return my Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG because I would like better music quality since most of the games I do play the audio really doesn't matter to me. I was looking into replacing it with a Fiio E09K and some sort of DAC (I would prefer portable so I can use it with my M100s on the go). I am currently using Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros (250 ohm version) and am looking to drive them with the best audio I can but under a budget. So is it worth spending the extra money on a E17 or would a E07K work fine with the E09K
Skip get the E09K, just use the E17 for desktop and portable.
Also the only advantage the E17 has over the E07K is it supports 24/192 bitrate (optical) and has an optical connector.
On USB they are both the same and the E09K gives the 250 Ohm headphones some power to play with.
- Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 1 minute ago
- › Jiu-Jitsu Fi! 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hey guys could you recommend a sub ~$100 amp for my Sennheiser G4ME... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations(help) on IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)