Has been briefly used but I no longer need it. Supports up to 24bit / 96khz and is an exceptional transparent DAC. Postage to UK residents will be first class tracked and cost £2.50. If you want a great dac but don't want to wait the 1-2 week shipping then this is well worth buying.
Originally bought here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141051995935
The HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC was developed by DIY (do it yourself} enthusiasts in the purpose of making a really good but cheap dac that could compete against regular commercial DAC's costing many times as much. It utilises a DAC chip from the ESS Technology whose DAC chips is highly regarded. The ES9023 chip is their simplest DAC chip which keeps many of the features of their bigger brothers at a minimal cost.
You pay for the sound, not the enclosure! We use a small lightweight simple box, so you don't have to pay extra for a bigger and more expensive enclosure. The power supply is very important for the sound quality. We use a high end ultra low noise regulator (LT1763).
New version uses SA9023 USB chip which also accepts 88.khz. We also still have TE7022 version, contact us if interested.
- Mac, Windows and Linux computers.
- Output on 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Volume Level is controlled by the normal volume control keys on your computer. (no need to use the volume control inside iTunes etc.)
- No drivers required for Mac, Windows and Linux!
- Normal line level output (2Vrms) when connected to amplifiers/preamps. For headphones the level decreases down to 1Vrms for 32ohm headphones
-Usb to optical converter. Outputs optical signal if you connect a 3.5mm optical cable in place of a 3.5mm audio cable. Can be useful for connecting your computer to another DAC without usb input.
Highlights about Sabre ES9023 dac chip:
- The sound go straight out of the DAC chip and into your headphones or amplifier. It is not needed that the sound signal go through a capacitor to remove a DC voltage, there is no DC voltage to remove! This omits the need of a coloring cap which adds costs and reduces sound quality.
- Jitter Eliminator! The ES9023 utilISed patented HyperstreamTM architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.
- 112db DNR
USB (receiver) chip SA9023:
- Accepts 32kh, 44.1khz, 48khz, 88.2khz and 96khz and 16 and 24bit input signals over USB. Most USB DAC's use the cheaper PCM2704 usb receiver chips that can only accept up to 48KHZ/16BIT.
Note: Normally amplifier inputs are from 10K to 100K ohm. Normal headphones are from 32 ohm to 250ohm.