The OP is clearly using a computer as their source, WASAPI in one rig and spotify in another. Telling them to revert to something else, be it tape, CD, or vinyl, does not make sense to me. I have no problem with proponents of Analog or Redbook preferring those mediums to digital but when someone is already locked in it just seems like regression.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Upgrade to SR 009? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The most important is find right headphone for you, if you will love SR-009 do not look back. And source. Of course important is everything (amp, cables..) but mainly hp and source are the most in my opinion becouse you have base stones (in speaker world it would be sure also acoustically adjusted room). And than quality source will show you what highend headphone is really capable, non tired believable sound.
I was not satisfy with HD800 in past for example but I want give them new chance on my actual rig and some nice amp when will have chance. But I feel it wont be for me.
Edited by knopi - 9/30/13 at 12:14am
I would only be doing this if you heard an 009 system and really liked it and could pretty much duplicate the chain, possible including the source.
The 009 is the opposite of a plug+play system, and it seems that currently there may not be a perfect amp for it yet. (Certainly there is no consensus around here.)
It's an enigmatic phone, and can be exasperating to get right, sometimes thrilling, sometimes fatiguing for some reason you can't put your finger on.
I would say it's a phone only for someone with lots of high end headphone experience who can deal with the effort it takes to get a high-resolution system to sound right.
If you are familiar with major names in speakers, think trying to get Wilson Audio speakers to sound right vs. Harbeths.
If I were you, I would try TH900s or maybe even an Abyss if you can afford it before jumping into the uncharted stat seas, as both of these take just a reasonable amount of care and feeding to
make you forget about equipment and just enjoy the music and be end-game worthy (at least until the next generation of phones come out).
Edited by rgs9200m - 9/30/13 at 4:50pm
I don't know if the OP is still considering it, but I say get the SR-009 if you can.
I heard a set running off the BHSE, and it made every other can in the room seem like child's play. I don't think the HD800 belongs in the same conversation as the 009. Most cans I've heard are like windows to the music. The 009 was like opening the adjacent door and stepping into the music. It was an experience for sure.
I was so impressed that I immediately committed myself to buying one within my first year of finishing school. It was that good.
I owned that exact combo with very good associated equipment for almost a year and its not as black and white as the quick audition would lead one to believe - at least not if you put proper care into properly amping the HD800. Some of the very things that may be considered strengths could be seen by others as weaknesses. Auditions (preferably extended) are key.
In your case it wouldn't be blind. The way you did it is the preferred way, if possible.
- Upgrade to SR 009?
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 31 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 52 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50X alternatives... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 HD-650 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3ii vs X5? 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...