The OP is clearly using a computer as their source, WASAPI in one rig and spotify in another. Telling them to revert to something else, be it tape, CD, or vinyl, does not make sense to me. I have no problem with proponents of Analog or Redbook preferring those mediums to digital but when someone is already locked in it just seems like regression.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Upgrade to SR 009? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The most important is find right headphone for you, if you will love SR-009 do not look back. And source. Of course important is everything (amp, cables..) but mainly hp and source are the most in my opinion becouse you have base stones (in speaker world it would be sure also acoustically adjusted room). And than quality source will show you what highend headphone is really capable, non tired believable sound.
I was not satisfy with HD800 in past for example but I want give them new chance on my actual rig and some nice amp when will have chance. But I feel it wont be for me.
Edited by knopi - 9/30/13 at 12:14am
I would only be doing this if you heard an 009 system and really liked it and could pretty much duplicate the chain, possible including the source.
The 009 is the opposite of a plug+play system, and it seems that currently there may not be a perfect amp for it yet. (Certainly there is no consensus around here.)
It's an enigmatic phone, and can be exasperating to get right, sometimes thrilling, sometimes fatiguing for some reason you can't put your finger on.
I would say it's a phone only for someone with lots of high end headphone experience who can deal with the effort it takes to get a high-resolution system to sound right.
If you are familiar with major names in speakers, think trying to get Wilson Audio speakers to sound right vs. Harbeths.
If I were you, I would try TH900s or maybe even an Abyss if you can afford it before jumping into the uncharted stat seas, as both of these take just a reasonable amount of care and feeding to
make you forget about equipment and just enjoy the music and be end-game worthy (at least until the next generation of phones come out).
Edited by rgs9200m - 9/30/13 at 4:50pm
I don't know if the OP is still considering it, but I say get the SR-009 if you can.
I heard a set running off the BHSE, and it made every other can in the room seem like child's play. I don't think the HD800 belongs in the same conversation as the 009. Most cans I've heard are like windows to the music. The 009 was like opening the adjacent door and stepping into the music. It was an experience for sure.
I was so impressed that I immediately committed myself to buying one within my first year of finishing school. It was that good.
I owned that exact combo with very good associated equipment for almost a year and its not as black and white as the quick audition would lead one to believe - at least not if you put proper care into properly amping the HD800. Some of the very things that may be considered strengths could be seen by others as weaknesses. Auditions (preferably extended) are key.
In your case it wouldn't be blind. The way you did it is the preferred way, if possible.
- Upgrade to SR 009?
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 3 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › DAP'S - Is there really any difference in the sound reproduction? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...