The OP is clearly using a computer as their source, WASAPI in one rig and spotify in another. Telling them to revert to something else, be it tape, CD, or vinyl, does not make sense to me. I have no problem with proponents of Analog or Redbook preferring those mediums to digital but when someone is already locked in it just seems like regression.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- New York Audio Show 2014 Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro Last post on Yesterday at 9:46 am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- **Flagship HP Mini Review** Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Delivery times, BHSE, Cavalli LL Mk2, EC Electra, Woo WES and "customer service". Last post on 7/13/14 at 7:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Upgrade to SR 009? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The most important is find right headphone for you, if you will love SR-009 do not look back. And source. Of course important is everything (amp, cables..) but mainly hp and source are the most in my opinion becouse you have base stones (in speaker world it would be sure also acoustically adjusted room). And than quality source will show you what highend headphone is really capable, non tired believable sound.
I was not satisfy with HD800 in past for example but I want give them new chance on my actual rig and some nice amp when will have chance. But I feel it wont be for me.
Edited by knopi - 9/30/13 at 12:14am
I would only be doing this if you heard an 009 system and really liked it and could pretty much duplicate the chain, possible including the source.
The 009 is the opposite of a plug+play system, and it seems that currently there may not be a perfect amp for it yet. (Certainly there is no consensus around here.)
It's an enigmatic phone, and can be exasperating to get right, sometimes thrilling, sometimes fatiguing for some reason you can't put your finger on.
I would say it's a phone only for someone with lots of high end headphone experience who can deal with the effort it takes to get a high-resolution system to sound right.
If you are familiar with major names in speakers, think trying to get Wilson Audio speakers to sound right vs. Harbeths.
If I were you, I would try TH900s or maybe even an Abyss if you can afford it before jumping into the uncharted stat seas, as both of these take just a reasonable amount of care and feeding to
make you forget about equipment and just enjoy the music and be end-game worthy (at least until the next generation of phones come out).
Edited by rgs9200m - 9/30/13 at 4:50pm
I don't know if the OP is still considering it, but I say get the SR-009 if you can.
I heard a set running off the BHSE, and it made every other can in the room seem like child's play. I don't think the HD800 belongs in the same conversation as the 009. Most cans I've heard are like windows to the music. The 009 was like opening the adjacent door and stepping into the music. It was an experience for sure.
I was so impressed that I immediately committed myself to buying one within my first year of finishing school. It was that good.
I owned that exact combo with very good associated equipment for almost a year and its not as black and white as the quick audition would lead one to believe - at least not if you put proper care into properly amping the HD800. Some of the very things that may be considered strengths could be seen by others as weaknesses. Auditions (preferably extended) are key.
In your case it wouldn't be blind. The way you did it is the preferred way, if possible.
- Upgrade to SR 009?
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Level new series of premium headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › PS Audio Sprout - Live on Kickstarter 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 7 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3