or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable headphone amp with iPhone/iPod inline controls on amp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable headphone amp with iPhone/iPod inline controls on amp?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

While I am very interested in a portable amp for a headphone, I need to ask this question: does anyone make a portable amp with the in-line iPhone/iPod compatible inline controls on the amp box itself, one that can adjust the volume, start/stop and skip tracks on the Apple device itself?

 

If someone makes such a device, I want it now. :smile_phones: That way, I can use almost any headphone that can plug into the 1/8" jack.

post #2 of 5

Could just buy a really nice DAP (Digital Audio Player) that comes with a good DAC and amplifier.

And can play Apple audio files (Fiio X3).

post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMan101 View Post
 

While I am very interested in a portable amp for a headphone, I need to ask this question: does anyone make a portable amp with the in-line iPhone/iPod compatible inline controls on the amp box itself, one that can adjust the volume, start/stop and skip tracks on the Apple device itself?

 

If someone makes such a device, I want it now. :smile_phones: That way, I can use almost any headphone that can plug into the 1/8" jack.

The discontinued NuForce ICON Mobile used to able to do this, but since then not a single AMP that I know offer the remote control pass through function.  I know someone did used a spliter to get the controls to work again, but that's not a very elegant solution.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Could just buy a really nice DAP (Digital Audio Player) that comes with a good DAC and amplifier.

And can play Apple audio files (Fiio X3).

But that's not exactly what the OP wants isn't it.


Edited by DrSheep - 9/30/13 at 3:35am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

But that's not exactly what the OP wants isn't it.

Not exactly what he wanted, but is what he wanted possible?

post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Not exactly what he wanted, but is what he wanted possible?

It's not impossible, just not very pretty.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable headphone amp with iPhone/iPod inline controls on amp?