or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 5

post #61 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by El guapo915 View Post

Yeah i plan on downloading some hi res music and try different tips to see if I can improve bass response even more... the bass is still nice but I'm a bass head so I may never have enoug lol. I love the midrange it's awesome. Very analytical is how I would best describe the sound so far. Clean sound which is good.
You may want to try out modding the triple flange by cutting away the top flange and trimming the stem to your desired comfort level and depth insertion. To me I feel that this is the best tip sonically paired with the W4.
post #62 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

You may want to try out modding the triple flange by cutting away the top flange and trimming the stem to your desired comfort level and depth insertion. To me I feel that this is the best tip sonically paired with the W4.
I actually did not receive one, just different size plastic and foam tips. Is that normal?
post #63 of 135
I'n pretty sure he's talking about the star tips, unless he has some triple flang tips from another iem that fit... not a bad idea...
post #64 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post

I'n pretty sure he's talking about the star tips, unless he has some triple flang tips from another iem that fit... not a bad idea...
Ok so I just got these yesterday... star tips would be the plastic ones?
post #65 of 135
I think they're silicon... They're the ones that aren't foam lol
post #66 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post

I think they're silicon... They're the ones that aren't foam lol
Ok thanks... whenever I think of silicone I think of big fake boobs. lol
post #67 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatmann View Post

Could some kind soul please post photos of the star tips?

These are the star tips http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/tips/star-tips.html
post #68 of 135
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El guapo915 View Post

Ok thanks... whenever I think of silicone I think of big fake boobs. lol

Lol
post #69 of 135
Actually rereading his post it does sound like he means triple flange which do not come with the w4r, but you would essentially get the same effect from trimming the bottom of the long star tips a bit shorter.
post #70 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post

Actually rereading his post it does sound like he means triple flange which do not come with the w4r, but you would essentially get the same effect from trimming the bottom of the long star tips a bit shorter.
Ok thanks again... im pretty satisfied with the largest silicone tips for sound. The fit is not as good tho I keep having to readjust them. I guess this is all part of the fun of getting new item's. But I'm definitely not comfortable trimming the stem.
post #71 of 135

Momentums, yes  i believe so..it is not worth so much money..

post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by El guapo915 View Post

I actually did not receive one, just different size plastic and foam tips. Is that normal?
Yes I was referring to the triple flange tips. It was reported by a few others that they did not receive it together with the pack of star tips recently. However I got mine together inside the star tips. The sound is different from the star tips as it provides a deeper insertion and better isolation in my case. It actually accentuates the low end making it slightly deeper and punchier. Treble extension was also smoother, better extension and more apparent. In short, to me it opens up the sound. To me, the star tips did muffled the sound up slightly.
post #73 of 135
I can confirm through Amazon and this weeks purchase through earphone solutions that neither came with the triple flanges.
post #74 of 135

Mine came with both star tips and the triple flanges.

post #75 of 135
For those with triple flanges, did you just order the W4R with this recent sale or was this something offered by Westone a while back?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: