- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 8/14/16 at 10:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply tips User with Westone W4R need advice on better like The Westone STAR silicon tips and... Last post on 7/12/14 at 6:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pm
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 21 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Good 2.0 + sub system? 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 3 minutes ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...