- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 4/14/16 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply tips User with Westone W4R need advice on better like The Westone STAR silicon tips and... Last post on 7/12/14 at 6:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I didn't realize there was already VE Monk Plus (+) in review database, so I moved my review over to: http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus/reviews/15923
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pm
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 3 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 19 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 47 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse