- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on Today at 3:39 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply tips User with Westone W4R need advice on better like The Westone STAR silicon tips and... Last post on 7/12/14 at 6:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pm
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Blue Cat Audio - VST's 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO Introduces Sonica: A $299 High Fidelity Wi-Fi Speaker 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › Where To Download Lossless Music 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Fender FXA5 first look by RedJohn456. PG 2123. 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...