- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade Cable for my Westone 4R Last post on 12/10/13 at 7:30am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Upgrade IEM Cable choices Last post on 12/8/13 at 4:45am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Realtek HD integrated audio Last post on 12/7/13 at 3:22am in Computer Audio
- W4R Versus SE535 Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WANTED: Westone UM3X rc or Weston 4r Last post on 11/11/13 at 10:52am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13310/1/13 at 11:57amQuote:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)post #18 of 13310/1/13 at 12:03pmpost #19 of 13310/1/13 at 12:08pmpost #20 of 13310/1/13 at 6:33pmpost #21 of 13310/1/13 at 6:37pmpost #22 of 13310/1/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pmpost #23 of 13310/1/13 at 8:56pmpost #24 of 13310/1/13 at 10:43pmI bought a pair on impulse too. This month has been a hefty one for me, I also bought a pair of ciems.
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.post #25 of 13310/1/13 at 10:52pmpost #26 of 13310/2/13 at 12:05ampost #27 of 13310/2/13 at 12:51ampost #28 of 13310/2/13 at 5:18ampost #29 of 13310/2/13 at 6:07amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 28 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 50 seconds ago
- › The best headphones in terms of dynamics 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 2 minutes ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 4 minutes ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 7 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe