- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help a newbie. Currently using Galaxy Note 3 and Westone 4R. Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Westone 4r ear tips Last post on 2/20/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AK100 MK2, Westone 4r & Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 bad experience Last post on 2/17/14 at 5:18am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Westone 4R - Loose Socket Fix Last post on 2/13/14 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Final Price Drop] FS: SealedBNIB Westone 4R IEMs -- [US+PR Only] Last post on 1/29/14 at 10:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13310/1/13 at 11:57amQuote:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)post #18 of 13310/1/13 at 12:03pmpost #19 of 13310/1/13 at 12:08pmpost #20 of 13310/1/13 at 6:33pmpost #21 of 13310/1/13 at 6:37pmpost #22 of 13310/1/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pmpost #23 of 13310/1/13 at 8:56pmpost #24 of 13310/1/13 at 10:43pmI bought a pair on impulse too. This month has been a hefty one for me, I also bought a pair of ciems.
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.post #25 of 13310/1/13 at 10:52pmpost #26 of 13310/2/13 at 12:05ampost #27 of 13310/2/13 at 12:51ampost #28 of 13310/2/13 at 5:18ampost #29 of 13310/2/13 at 6:07amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking for over ear studio monitors with detachable... 52 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here 1 minute ago
- › PC Audio Help 1 minute ago
- › need some help getting started 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone recs under 200 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude