- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost Westone 4r Right Driver! Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Accidentally Dipped Westone 4r in water. Last post on 6/19/14 at 4:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Westone 4R for 299USD ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Was it an impulse buy because of the price?
You don't have to apologize for your english. This is an international community and we tolerate one another for the most part that is:)
Audio company Westone has announced the launch of the new W-series earphone design. The
W-series are aimed music fans and audiophiles alike with some interesting features. The W-series includes the 10, 20, 30, and 40. All of the earphones use a proprietary balanced armature driver and advance crossover design.
The W10 uses a single armature driver while the W20/30/40 feature multiple balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs. The earphones all use the company’s replaceable EPIC cable allowing users to easily replace the cable is broken or swap customizable cable to match their device.
One of the available cables is an Apple MFi unit with a three-button control and integrated microphone for use with the iPhone. The W series is also compatible with Westone’s ADV active cable and the UM Pro cable. The EPIC cable is made from a flexible low resistance tensile wire reinforced with a special fiber that is rated for durability and high quality acoustic playback.
The replaceable cable also means if a pet chews the cable, you can replace the cable and you’re not out an entire set of headphones. I previously mentioned that the W10 has a single balanced armature. The W20 offers a dual driver balanced armature designed with a passive crossover. The W30 features a three-way crossover matched low, mid, and high-frequency drivers for smooth and balanced sound. The W40 is a four-driver system with a three-way crossover. The headphones will be available on October 15 with the W10 selling for $199.99, the W20 selling for $299.99, the W30 $399.99, and the W40 for $499.99.
edit: article is from slashgear
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 10/1/13 at 7:04pm
It will be good to compare iems vs ciems.
$299 plus postage was too good to be passed up on.
- Westone 4R for 299USD ...
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 29 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 38 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › suitable car amp to work with x3 + 2 8's 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones < ~$125 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)