Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Interested in headphones with same or more bass output than Sony XB500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Interested in headphones with same or more bass output than Sony XB500 - Page 2

post #16 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
 

I definitely know how I like my audio to sound.

 

then may be you can try XB-1000. or if you want some thing new look in to Fidelio X1.

post #17 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsmarsterx View Post
 

then may be you can try XB-1000. or if you want some thing new look in to Fidelio X1.

X1 wouldn't have the same amount of bass as the XB500. However, it could give you a greater appreciation of all the other frequencies while still giving you boosted bass.

post #18 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsmarsterx View Post
 

I think you should give yourself another chance to rediscover yourself .. I was once a basshead and use to appreciate balanced sound signature after joining head-fi ..

 

Same here. I used to have the iPod's bass boost turned on with cheap Skullcandies lol. Now I'm listening to the HD600 because everything is equally important to me, not just bass.

post #19 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Just try something else at best buy. You'll like the momentums!

my local best buy has 1/2 of there displace dedicated to dre's. Then the other 1/4 to bose. Then the last bit is a bunch of headphones. But nothing that is bass oriented. Everything is has an equal or flat response.

post #20 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

 

Same here. I used to have the iPod's bass boost turned on with cheap Skullcandies lol. Now I'm listening to the HD600 because everything is equally important to me, not just bass.

I listened to 99% deathcore, metalcore, death metal, and so on and so fourth. The double bass on the drums is fast paced. There is pretty much no bass pick up on most headphones. That is why I like the sony's for my music. And it's why I built my car to be so loud. Rap is a no contest. I could be satisfied with anything.

 

Also. Like I said. i am not a high's fan. I prefer silk dome tweeters and usually eq them -db.

post #21 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
 

I definitely know how I like my audio to sound.

 

Agree'd you know what your looking for, asking for boomy bass is the words that some one who doesn't like but understands balance 

 

You COULD go all out and get a XB1000, it's said to have the BOOM of the 500 with the DEEP sub of the 700. Still at around $200 new maybe not so much

 

And to any one who has not owned an XB can... despite the cheap plastic they are tough headphones :O I dropped mine many times. Heck I used to RUN with my 700's on! They took a serious beating imo

 

still >.> I left Closed Bass cans a while ago <.< although I found my Dt 990 Pro to be a wonderful bassy can! Yet it's rather... BRIGHT so ;3 won't recommend it u still it does sell for around $125 used

 

Non the less, try a Ultrasone of one the M40 [which I need to try my self at some point] 

post #22 of 52

Ever consider V-moda? Lp2s are great IMO once burned in and with a portable amp. After 200+hrs, they transformed into some BOOMY BASS that surprised me greatly!

 

I have XB1000s , and I did recommended mods, but these things are HUGE, and I don't see these being good for on the go listening.

They play things loud. So bad quality = super loud bad quality. CLean tracks= SUPER WOW. Need amp. I went with a Bravo Ocean, and not bad at all.

 

I own few other cans, but these two are my go to. Lp2 for subway, XB1K for home.

 

my 2 cents.

 

***NOT EXPERT :P***

post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMuuu View Post
 

Ever consider V-moda? Lp2s are great IMO once burned in and with a portable amp. After 200+hrs, they transformed into some BOOMY BASS that surprised me greatly!

 

I have XB1000s , and I did recommended mods, but these things are HUGE, and I don't see these being good for on the go listening.

They play things loud. So bad quality = super loud bad quality. CLean tracks= SUPER WOW. Need amp. I went with a Bravo Ocean, and not bad at all.

 

I own few other cans, but these two are my go to. Lp2 for subway, XB1K for home.

 

my 2 cents.

 

***NOT EXPERT :P***

 

I used to use an XB700 [a little bit smaller than the XB1000] and honestly the only issue I had with it was the funny looks I got [I get those same looks with my w1000x so I'm used to it by now]  But they do leak a lot of sound and the isolation is... sub par. Try something like the LP2 or even a Senn HD 25-1 II or a Beyer Dt 1350 

 

You could also go with something on the balanced side and grab a bass boosting amp to really get a nice quality, and have a better control over the bass.  

post #24 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Agree'd you know what your looking for, asking for boomy bass is the words that some one who doesn't like but understands balance 

 

You COULD go all out and get a XB1000, it's said to have the BOOM of the 500 with the DEEP sub of the 700. Still at around $200 new maybe not so much

 

And to any one who has not owned an XB can... despite the cheap plastic they are tough headphones :O I dropped mine many times. Heck I used to RUN with my 700's on! They took a serious beating imo

 

still >.> I left Closed Bass cans a while ago <.< although I found my Dt 990 Pro to be a wonderful bassy can! Yet it's rather... BRIGHT so ;3 won't recommend it u still it does sell for around $125 used

 

Non the less, try a Ultrasone of one the M40 [which I need to try my self at some point] 

Cheapest ones on ebay were $225. I'd have to think it over before spending that. I'll watch a review on them though.

I run with my xb500s too. That is why I'd like the next pair to be light. I just hate ear buds/in ears so much.

post #25 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMuuu View Post
 

Ever consider V-moda? Lp2s are great IMO once burned in and with a portable amp. After 200+hrs, they transformed into some BOOMY BASS that surprised me greatly!

 

I have XB1000s , and I did recommended mods, but these things are HUGE, and I don't see these being good for on the go listening.

They play things loud. So bad quality = super loud bad quality. CLean tracks= SUPER WOW. Need amp. I went with a Bravo Ocean, and not bad at all.

 

I own few other cans, but these two are my go to. Lp2 for subway, XB1K for home.

 

my 2 cents.

 

***NOT EXPERT :P***

Really? The xb1000s didn't receive enough power from an ipod?

I do not want to amp my headphones. Looking for less clutter and portable. I use my headphones for on the go.

post #26 of 52

I think v moda m100 might be your cup of tea ..

post #27 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsmarsterx View Post
 

I think v moda m100 might be your cup of tea ..

 

I've never heard it but I've seen ppl chuck it into a lake and it still work! So it must be very tough! But they are like what $300 or so... still they are popular and tough apprently 

post #28 of 52
Thread Starter 

To be honest. I wish I could find a pair of over heads that had more bass output than 500s. I am listening to them right now on some decaf music that I use for car audio. And. I could still go for some more output.

post #29 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
 

To be honest. I wish I could find a pair of over heads that had more bass output than 500s. I am listening to them right now on some decaf music that I use for car audio. And. I could still go for some more output.

 

I found that I liked a better quality bass over quanity. I really wanted something with MOAR bass than the Xb 700 which got hard to find, So I switched to open cans and enjyoed a higher quality

 

still I hear Darth Beyer DT 770s are pretty monsterious 

post #30 of 52
Thread Starter 

the vmoda 100s look nice. If I found them used for a lot less. I'd consider them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Interested in headphones with same or more bass output than Sony XB500