- 52 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Another HD598 vs DT880 Thread: Better for relaxing music and classical? Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choosing Beyerdynamic DT 880, 990 or Sennheiser 598 with current price considerations.. for... Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 or DT880 250ohm (600?) or other recommendation for listening to music and recording guitar? Last post on 7/19/13 at 9:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents is the DT880s are good for everything.
I own two DT770s, two DT880s & two DT990s,
(my T70s might have been thrown away by accident).
I prefer the DT990 (Bass/treble) for action movies, the mids are slightly overshadows, but the mids are clear.
The DT880 is the more balanced sound and maybe for users that prefer vocals stand out just as much as the bass/treble.
For movies you want a big sound stage. In this price range I prefer the Q701. Some think that they don't provide enough bass for explosions and the like in action films. I like their overall balance, excellent separation of sounds and large sound stage.
I prefer the Q701 over the Sony for movies because I hear a bigger sound stage and greater clarity/better imaging. However the Sony is also an excellent can and is easier to drive.
It's sound stage is just OK or OK +. At this level you can find many good cans. However in the end you have to comprise and get the best package for your needs & preferences and that fits your upline equipment that feeds it.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Do OP AMPS make a differnce in digital connections? 2 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Mint Fitear ToGo!334 (AU Only) 2 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Master And Dynamic's MH40 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 10 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 10 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 12 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)