- 52 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Another HD598 vs DT880 Thread: Better for relaxing music and classical? Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choosing Beyerdynamic DT 880, 990 or Sennheiser 598 with current price considerations.. for... Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 or DT880 250ohm (600?) or other recommendation for listening to music and recording guitar? Last post on 7/19/13 at 9:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents is the DT880s are good for everything.
I own two DT770s, two DT880s & two DT990s,
(my T70s might have been thrown away by accident).
I prefer the DT990 (Bass/treble) for action movies, the mids are slightly overshadows, but the mids are clear.
The DT880 is the more balanced sound and maybe for users that prefer vocals stand out just as much as the bass/treble.
For movies you want a big sound stage. In this price range I prefer the Q701. Some think that they don't provide enough bass for explosions and the like in action films. I like their overall balance, excellent separation of sounds and large sound stage.
I prefer the Q701 over the Sony for movies because I hear a bigger sound stage and greater clarity/better imaging. However the Sony is also an excellent can and is easier to drive.
It's sound stage is just OK or OK +. At this level you can find many good cans. However in the end you have to comprise and get the best package for your needs & preferences and that fits your upline equipment that feeds it.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 18 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 45 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (or M) VS Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › First day at the Forum 3 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 4 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3