- 51 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Another HD598 vs DT880 Thread: Better for relaxing music and classical? Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choosing Beyerdynamic DT 880, 990 or Sennheiser 598 with current price considerations.. for... Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 or DT880 250ohm (600?) or other recommendation for listening to music and recording guitar? Last post on 7/19/13 at 9:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents is the DT880s are good for everything.
I own two DT770s, two DT880s & two DT990s,
(my T70s might have been thrown away by accident).
I prefer the DT990 (Bass/treble) for action movies, the mids are slightly overshadows, but the mids are clear.
The DT880 is the more balanced sound and maybe for users that prefer vocals stand out just as much as the bass/treble.
For movies you want a big sound stage. In this price range I prefer the Q701. Some think that they don't provide enough bass for explosions and the like in action films. I like their overall balance, excellent separation of sounds and large sound stage.
I prefer the Q701 over the Sony for movies because I hear a bigger sound stage and greater clarity/better imaging. However the Sony is also an excellent can and is easier to drive.
It's sound stage is just OK or OK +. At this level you can find many good cans. However in the end you have to comprise and get the best package for your needs & preferences and that fits your upline equipment that feeds it.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 seconds ago
- › Modded Grado 325i. Got wood? 10 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 42 seconds ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)