- 52 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Another HD598 vs DT880 Thread: Better for relaxing music and classical? Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choosing Beyerdynamic DT 880, 990 or Sennheiser 598 with current price considerations.. for... Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 or DT880 250ohm (600?) or other recommendation for listening to music and recording guitar? Last post on 7/19/13 at 9:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My two cents is the DT880s are good for everything.
I own two DT770s, two DT880s & two DT990s,
(my T70s might have been thrown away by accident).
I prefer the DT990 (Bass/treble) for action movies, the mids are slightly overshadows, but the mids are clear.
The DT880 is the more balanced sound and maybe for users that prefer vocals stand out just as much as the bass/treble.
For movies you want a big sound stage. In this price range I prefer the Q701. Some think that they don't provide enough bass for explosions and the like in action films. I like their overall balance, excellent separation of sounds and large sound stage.
I prefer the Q701 over the Sony for movies because I hear a bigger sound stage and greater clarity/better imaging. However the Sony is also an excellent can and is easier to drive.
It's sound stage is just OK or OK +. At this level you can find many good cans. However in the end you have to comprise and get the best package for your needs & preferences and that fits your upline equipment that feeds it.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 22 seconds ago
- › Black Magic expert In Visakhapatnam +91-9928629296 59 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Black Magic expert In Bhopal +91-9928629296 1 minute ago
- › Black Magic expert In Thane +91-9928629296 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Black Magic expert In Indore +91-9928629296 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)