- 51 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Another HD598 vs DT880 Thread: Better for relaxing music and classical? Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:15pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choosing Beyerdynamic DT 880, 990 or Sennheiser 598 with current price considerations.. for... Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 or DT880 250ohm (600?) or other recommendation for listening to music and recording guitar? Last post on 7/19/13 at 9:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp? - Page 2post #16 of 289/26/13 at 1:41pmThread StarterThank you for your help I really appreciate the effort a lot!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 289/28/13 at 7:14amThread StarterApost #18 of 289/28/13 at 7:39ampost #19 of 289/28/13 at 10:43amQuote:
My two cents is the DT880s are good for everything.
I own two DT770s, two DT880s & two DT990s,
(my T70s might have been thrown away by accident).post #20 of 289/28/13 at 12:17pmThread Starterpost #21 of 289/28/13 at 12:26pmThread StarterByrniepost #22 of 289/28/13 at 12:42pmQuote:
I prefer the DT990 (Bass/treble) for action movies, the mids are slightly overshadows, but the mids are clear.
The DT880 is the more balanced sound and maybe for users that prefer vocals stand out just as much as the bass/treble.post #23 of 289/28/13 at 2:00pm
For movies you want a big sound stage. In this price range I prefer the Q701. Some think that they don't provide enough bass for explosions and the like in action films. I like their overall balance, excellent separation of sounds and large sound stage.post #24 of 289/28/13 at 8:51pmpost #25 of 289/28/13 at 9:33pm
I prefer the Q701 over the Sony for movies because I hear a bigger sound stage and greater clarity/better imaging. However the Sony is also an excellent can and is easier to drive.post #26 of 289/29/13 at 5:29amThread Starterpost #27 of 289/29/13 at 5:50ampost #28 of 289/29/13 at 4:46pmQuote:
It's sound stage is just OK or OK +. At this level you can find many good cans. However in the end you have to comprise and get the best package for your needs & preferences and that fits your upline equipment that feeds it.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880, Sennheiser HD 598, which should I pick? Do I need an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 9 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 38 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob