So someone recommended the HD 558s, and i saw that they were all plastic. I was wondering if this has been an issue for anyone, because they seem like great headphones, but i don't want to buy anything too fragile. I will be getting a hard case too if i get these.
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
Sennheiser HD 558 Durability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/25/13 at 4:41pm
The plastic on the HD558 is decently thick, in my opinion.
Or about as much plastic as a headphone could have, for the given weight.
post #3 of 4
9/25/13 at 6:00pm
post #4 of 4
9/25/13 at 10:19pm
I have used mine for hours every day for 6 months so far, no problem. Comfortable too!
- Sennheiser HD 558 Durability?
Currently, there are 3656 Active Users (673 Members and 2983 Guests)
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 24 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Objective 2 (O2) vs Magni 2 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2