So someone recommended the HD 558s, and i saw that they were all plastic. I was wondering if this has been an issue for anyone, because they seem like great headphones, but i don't want to buy anything too fragile. I will be getting a hard case too if i get these.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison between ATH M50 and Sennheiser HD558 please Last post on 9/16/14 at 5:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $200 Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- frequency response graphs (or curves) - compensating with graphic equalizer settings Last post on 8/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for alternative rock/ male vocals around $100 Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 7/25/14 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Sennheiser HD 558 Durability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/25/13 at 4:41pm
The plastic on the HD558 is decently thick, in my opinion.
Or about as much plastic as a headphone could have, for the given weight.
post #3 of 4
9/25/13 at 6:00pm
post #4 of 4
9/25/13 at 10:19pm
I have used mine for hours every day for 6 months so far, no problem. Comfortable too!
- Sennheiser HD 558 Durability?
Currently, there are 2771 Active Users (577 Members and 2194 Guests)
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 22 seconds ago
- › Westone ES5, Rooth LS8 26 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all 4 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 6 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)