Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 8/5/14 at 7:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Need Cans for my Lifestyle Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread - Page 3post #31 of 3859/27/13 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3859/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #33 of 3859/27/13 at 3:55pmpost #34 of 3859/27/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #35 of 3859/27/13 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by kstuart
Music is inherently subjective - you have to learn to recognize what the artist is doing, based on other music you have heard, and other life experiences.
Audio is inherently subjective - every pair of ears is different, so two people can be in the same room (and even sit in the same spot for two playbacks), and actually hear different things.
Everything that a person might describe as "truth" is simply what they themselves have decided. A necessary part of life, of course, otherwise we would never do anything.
What anyone says is simply their statement, it can only be "truth" in the mind of someone who reads it.
Nothing about that is different between any two posts on head-fi (or anywhere else).
Thank you for reiterating what I've been trying to explain to you. Either way, I wasn't expecting to change your opinion. Just let everyone else know a few things that I believe are to be true.post #36 of 3859/27/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
I'm using the Taboo MKII,with excellent results
SQ across is slightly on the warm side,but that's what I prefer,... I bought this amp ,because of the tube signature
Edited by mikek200 - 9/27/13 at 4:16pmpost #37 of 3859/27/13 at 8:49pmI'll tell you what, that little Woo Fireflies tube DAC / amp combo is beautiful and sounds really, really good with the MD's. Too bad I'm a carry around solid state guy...
I've tried a couple other tube amps. The MDs respond well.
I am using the CEntrance HIFI-M8 balanced with them. It is excellent.post #38 of 3859/28/13 at 4:16amThread Starter
Not surprised by the Woo Fireflies...looks like a true high-end headphone amp. I tried the E17/E09K combo today at a shop and it didn't impress me. For these ears, it is not at all worth it to add the E09K to the chain. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, but it seemed to push vocals a bit forward. It has an output impedance of about 10 ohms, so that may have something to do with it. I also tried the Darkvoice 336SE, but they didn't really give it enough time to warm up. I thought it sounded okay, but there was no 'wow' factor whatsoever. The jury is still out on that one, but I can't say I'm all that interested in it. It's quite large, too. One thing I can say is that it does not power the MDs very well - I could turn the knob all the way up without it becoming ear-shattering. It was too loud for a long session, but I was surprised that such a big piece of equipment generated so little sound.post #39 of 3859/28/13 at 7:30am
Burson Audio ha-160 is on sale for $400, now I don't know what I want to do. I was originally going to go with Aune T1 for my DAC and Project Ember for my amp, should I replace Project Ember with the Burson?post #40 of 3859/28/13 at 7:53amThread StarterQuote:
Unless you have Mad Dogs, nobody in this thread will care much. We're focusing on amps that pair well with Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs. I do wish you well on your decision. I will say that the Burson will mean less clutter, but the Aune and Ember will look cooler.post #41 of 3859/28/13 at 7:59amQuote:
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.post #42 of 3859/28/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Great amp, but lacks power. There are other options better allocated specifically for the Mad Dog. In that price range look into getting a Audio GD, Schiit, or Yulong.post #43 of 3859/28/13 at 9:30amQuote:
Which one are you referring to? I don't know much about the Burson, but the Ember is supposed to have plenty of powerpost #44 of 3859/28/13 at 10:09ampost #45 of 3859/28/13 at 10:14amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hojomojo96
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.
Sorry, I didn't see (or remember) your post on the previous page, so it seemed to come out of left field.
- Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)