Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 8/5/14 at 7:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Need Cans for my Lifestyle Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread - Page 3post #31 of 3729/27/13 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3729/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #33 of 3729/27/13 at 3:55pmpost #34 of 3729/27/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #35 of 3729/27/13 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by kstuart
Music is inherently subjective - you have to learn to recognize what the artist is doing, based on other music you have heard, and other life experiences.
Audio is inherently subjective - every pair of ears is different, so two people can be in the same room (and even sit in the same spot for two playbacks), and actually hear different things.
Everything that a person might describe as "truth" is simply what they themselves have decided. A necessary part of life, of course, otherwise we would never do anything.
What anyone says is simply their statement, it can only be "truth" in the mind of someone who reads it.
Nothing about that is different between any two posts on head-fi (or anywhere else).
Thank you for reiterating what I've been trying to explain to you. Either way, I wasn't expecting to change your opinion. Just let everyone else know a few things that I believe are to be true.post #36 of 3729/27/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
I'm using the Taboo MKII,with excellent results
SQ across is slightly on the warm side,but that's what I prefer,... I bought this amp ,because of the tube signature
Edited by mikek200 - 9/27/13 at 4:16pmpost #37 of 3729/27/13 at 8:49pmI'll tell you what, that little Woo Fireflies tube DAC / amp combo is beautiful and sounds really, really good with the MD's. Too bad I'm a carry around solid state guy...
I've tried a couple other tube amps. The MDs respond well.
I am using the CEntrance HIFI-M8 balanced with them. It is excellent.post #38 of 3729/28/13 at 4:16amThread Starter
Not surprised by the Woo Fireflies...looks like a true high-end headphone amp. I tried the E17/E09K combo today at a shop and it didn't impress me. For these ears, it is not at all worth it to add the E09K to the chain. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, but it seemed to push vocals a bit forward. It has an output impedance of about 10 ohms, so that may have something to do with it. I also tried the Darkvoice 336SE, but they didn't really give it enough time to warm up. I thought it sounded okay, but there was no 'wow' factor whatsoever. The jury is still out on that one, but I can't say I'm all that interested in it. It's quite large, too. One thing I can say is that it does not power the MDs very well - I could turn the knob all the way up without it becoming ear-shattering. It was too loud for a long session, but I was surprised that such a big piece of equipment generated so little sound.post #39 of 3729/28/13 at 7:30am
Burson Audio ha-160 is on sale for $400, now I don't know what I want to do. I was originally going to go with Aune T1 for my DAC and Project Ember for my amp, should I replace Project Ember with the Burson?post #40 of 3729/28/13 at 7:53amThread StarterQuote:
Unless you have Mad Dogs, nobody in this thread will care much. We're focusing on amps that pair well with Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs. I do wish you well on your decision. I will say that the Burson will mean less clutter, but the Aune and Ember will look cooler.post #41 of 3729/28/13 at 7:59amQuote:
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.post #42 of 3729/28/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Great amp, but lacks power. There are other options better allocated specifically for the Mad Dog. In that price range look into getting a Audio GD, Schiit, or Yulong.post #43 of 3729/28/13 at 9:30amQuote:
Which one are you referring to? I don't know much about the Burson, but the Ember is supposed to have plenty of powerpost #44 of 3729/28/13 at 10:09ampost #45 of 3729/28/13 at 10:14amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hojomojo96
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.
Sorry, I didn't see (or remember) your post on the previous page, so it seemed to come out of left field.
- Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Looking for some earbuds 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Good ~$150 sports headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Birthday gift for my BF: headphones for studying 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)