Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Need Cans for my Lifestyle Last post on 4/3/14 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread - Page 3post #31 of 3519/27/13 at 3:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3519/27/13 at 3:51pmpost #33 of 3519/27/13 at 3:55pmpost #34 of 3519/27/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #35 of 3519/27/13 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by kstuart
Music is inherently subjective - you have to learn to recognize what the artist is doing, based on other music you have heard, and other life experiences.
Audio is inherently subjective - every pair of ears is different, so two people can be in the same room (and even sit in the same spot for two playbacks), and actually hear different things.
Everything that a person might describe as "truth" is simply what they themselves have decided. A necessary part of life, of course, otherwise we would never do anything.
What anyone says is simply their statement, it can only be "truth" in the mind of someone who reads it.
Nothing about that is different between any two posts on head-fi (or anywhere else).
Thank you for reiterating what I've been trying to explain to you. Either way, I wasn't expecting to change your opinion. Just let everyone else know a few things that I believe are to be true.post #36 of 3519/27/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
I'm using the Taboo MKII,with excellent results
SQ across is slightly on the warm side,but that's what I prefer,... I bought this amp ,because of the tube signature
Edited by mikek200 - 9/27/13 at 4:16pmpost #37 of 3519/27/13 at 8:49pmI'll tell you what, that little Woo Fireflies tube DAC / amp combo is beautiful and sounds really, really good with the MD's. Too bad I'm a carry around solid state guy...
I've tried a couple other tube amps. The MDs respond well.
I am using the CEntrance HIFI-M8 balanced with them. It is excellent.post #38 of 3519/28/13 at 4:16amThread Starter
Not surprised by the Woo Fireflies...looks like a true high-end headphone amp. I tried the E17/E09K combo today at a shop and it didn't impress me. For these ears, it is not at all worth it to add the E09K to the chain. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, but it seemed to push vocals a bit forward. It has an output impedance of about 10 ohms, so that may have something to do with it. I also tried the Darkvoice 336SE, but they didn't really give it enough time to warm up. I thought it sounded okay, but there was no 'wow' factor whatsoever. The jury is still out on that one, but I can't say I'm all that interested in it. It's quite large, too. One thing I can say is that it does not power the MDs very well - I could turn the knob all the way up without it becoming ear-shattering. It was too loud for a long session, but I was surprised that such a big piece of equipment generated so little sound.post #39 of 3519/28/13 at 7:30am
Burson Audio ha-160 is on sale for $400, now I don't know what I want to do. I was originally going to go with Aune T1 for my DAC and Project Ember for my amp, should I replace Project Ember with the Burson?post #40 of 3519/28/13 at 7:53amThread StarterQuote:
Unless you have Mad Dogs, nobody in this thread will care much. We're focusing on amps that pair well with Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs. I do wish you well on your decision. I will say that the Burson will mean less clutter, but the Aune and Ember will look cooler.post #41 of 3519/28/13 at 7:59amQuote:
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.post #42 of 3519/28/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Great amp, but lacks power. There are other options better allocated specifically for the Mad Dog. In that price range look into getting a Audio GD, Schiit, or Yulong.post #43 of 3519/28/13 at 9:30amQuote:
Which one are you referring to? I don't know much about the Burson, but the Ember is supposed to have plenty of powerpost #44 of 3519/28/13 at 10:09ampost #45 of 3519/28/13 at 10:14amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by hojomojo96
I'm planning on getting them simultaneously with Mad Dogs, actually. Specifically for that pairing. I assumed that that was implied, since this IS the mad dog amp pairing thread, but I guess not. Also the fact that I said as much on the last page might've been a good clue, but yeah.
Sorry, I didn't see (or remember) your post on the previous page, so it seemed to come out of left field.
- Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Ocharaku Flat - 4 : Sui earphone 6 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › [Multi-Review] Hifiman HM901, Fiio X5, Sony ZX1, Hisound Studio 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Neutrality/Fidelity 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation for in-ears to use with LG G2 phone 3 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob