Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Yup, you're right - my paraphrase was a bit off.

No worries mate, Im sure the E12 qualifies as "good quality portable separate amp" so it is in a way recommended.

Cheers!
post #122 of 377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post


No worries mate, Im sure the E12 qualifies as "good quality portable separate amp" so it is in a way recommended.

Cheers!

What are you using for an amp these days? I've got an E17, but I'm looking to upgrade.

post #123 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

What are you using for an amp these days? I've got an E17, but I'm looking to upgrade.

I have a ZMF mod T50RPs and use it with my desktop dac/amp. Its a HA Info DA1 which I will be upgrading to an NFB 15.32 perhaps by the end of the year.

My portable rigs are mostly iems and i use a C&C BH to amp them via C3
post #124 of 377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post


I have a ZMF mod T50RPs and use it with my desktop dac/amp. Its a HA Info DA1 which I will be upgrading to an NFB 15.32 perhaps by the end of the year.

My portable rigs are mostly iems and i use a C&C BH to amp them via C3

The Audio GD 11.32 and 15.32 really have my interest - I think I'll get one or the other in the next couple of months or so. They have tons of power and judging by comments and impressions I've read, the DACs seem to be implemented pretty well. They seem to be very good for the price, although they're certainly not art pieces.

post #125 of 377

I've got an NFB-10.32SE and a pair of MDs incoming so we'll see how they pair up. The 10.32 does something silly like 6W at 50ohms so it might just help confirm or debunk the "more power = better sound" myth.

post #126 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

The Audio GD 11.32 and 15.32 really have my interest - I think I'll get one or the other in the next couple of months or so. They have tons of power and judging by comments and impressions I've read, the DACs seem to be implemented pretty well. They seem to be very good for the price, although they're certainly not art pieces.

Exactly my thoughts, right now I'm researching on Maverick audio and Beresford but so far Audio GD is still my top choice. I think my end game headphones will be the alpha dogs
Edited by Taveren - 10/6/13 at 12:34am
post #127 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazir View Post

I've got an NFB-10.32SE and a pair of MDs incoming so we'll see how they pair up. The 10.32 does something silly like 6W at 50ohms so it might just help confirm or debunk the "more power = better sound" myth.

Hope you can A-B your NFB 10.32SE with another amp. Looking forward to your impressions, Cheers!
post #128 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post

Exactl
Exactly my thoughts, right now I'm researching on Maverick audio and Beresford but so far Audio GD is still my top choice. I think my end game headphones will be the alpha dogs

There is no such a headphone that can be a end game headphone. That's the lesson I learned when I read 50+ headphones comparison. Alpha Dogs, Mad Dogs are good but not the best for all genres. Just like someone who has big budget, buying HD800 and LCD-3 so that these two headphones can cover many popular genres.

post #129 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post


Hope you can A-B your NFB 10.32SE with another amp. Looking forward to your impressions, Cheers!

 

 

I don't have any other amps at the moment but I'll probably give it a whirl with a speaker amp at some point; might actually yield pleasant results methinks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKnight View Post
 

There is no such a headphone that can be a end game headphone. That's the lesson I learned when I read 50+ headphones comparison. Alpha Dogs, Mad Dogs are good but not the best for all genres. Just like someone who has big budget, buying HD800 and LCD-3 so that these two headphones can cover many popular genres.

 

Furthermore, there's no endgame because the game keeps changing. I'm sure there's a number of people who thought their journey as headphiles was complete until planars made a comeback. 

 

It never ends, trust me!

post #130 of 377
Errrr..... Dude I said MY end game, it means for my musical preference it seems to be end game. Note I said seems to be since like you I have only read reviews and have not yet auditioned them.

I am not filthy rich and choose my gear based on its price to performance ratio and so far I am content with my budget to mid-fi gears.
post #131 of 377
Shirazir, point taken. The game does keep changing. Which is over all good for all of us.

Cheers!
post #132 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren View Post

Errrr..... Dude I said MY end game, it means for my musical preference it seems to be end game. Note I said seems to be since like you I have only read reviews and have not yet auditioned them.

I am not filthy rich and choose my gear based on its price to performance ratio and so far I am content with my budget to mid-fi gears.

 

Apologies if I came off as offensive. 

 

You're right though, everyone has their own endgame. That said, I do think we all get suckered back in by good marketing even when we think we've found something perfect.

post #133 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazir View Post


I don't have any other amps at the moment but I'll probably give it a whirl with a speaker amp at some point; might actually yield pleasant results methinks.

Hope a friend can lend you a less powerful amp to compare with the 10.32SE to really confirm or debunk the myth of the more power thingy.

If you A-B with a speaker amp then that would be lime comparing 2 powerhouses IMO and you might not be able to notice the benefits of the mucho power.

Cheers!
post #134 of 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazir View Post

Apologies if I came off as offensive. 

You're right though, everyone has their own endgame. That said, I do think we all get suckered back in by good marketing even when we think we've found something perfect.

Haha no worries, I was actually replying to our friend loveknight when I posted the reply your post came in first.
post #135 of 377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazir View Post
 

I've got an NFB-10.32SE and a pair of MDs incoming so we'll see how they pair up. The 10.32 does something silly like 6W at 50ohms so it might just help confirm or debunk the "more power = better sound" myth.

You're the lucky lad who is getting the massive hook-up from Currawong, right? I can't wait to hear your impressions - the more amp impressions, the better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread