New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New WESTONE W-SERIES - Page 18

post #256 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm23 View Post


Don't worry about the W40 build quality, that's why they're giving you the ADV wink.gif
So, obviously I ended up ordering the W40's. Would have been criminal to pass up the chance of a free pair of the ADV Alpha too.... biggrin.gif
post #257 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ50 View Post


So, obviously I ended up ordering the W40's. Would have been criminal to pass up the chance of a free pair of the ADV Alpha too.... biggrin.gif


I would have ordered the W40+ADV pair, but I ordered UE900 and ADV separately last week.

post #258 of 599

Is there a coupon code for the free ADV with purchase of the W40?  I am not sure where to look....

 

Appreciate your help!

post #259 of 599

Looks like the promo has ended.

post #260 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

The connector housing is a bit thicker than original from Westone




but it snaps in, just apply a little bit of force (no twisting, just straight snap in)




Just make sure you hold the body of earpiece firmly with two fingers, not the nozzle part wink.gif  Probably the first time you do it, it will be a little harder but then it loosens up a bit.  I have done it dozens of times.

Good luck!

I've been wondering if it would be worth upgrading the cable on my W40's.

What are some of the differences you've noticed?
post #261 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjakopa View Post


I've been wondering if it would be worth upgrading the cable on my W40's.

What are some of the differences you've noticed?

 

Noticeable sound improvement.  The sound is louder (pure cable material, less resistance, less voltage drop, higher output signal), the sound is brighter with more sparkle in treble (an improvement considering slightly darker/warmer signature with original cable), and overall the sound is tighter (especially in low end).  And you get... more microphonics :)  Yeah, will have to live with that.

post #262 of 599

do these  FiiO RC-SE1 cables turn green on appearance too after oxidizing inside too?

post #263 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

Noticeable sound improvement.  The sound is louder (pure cable material, less resistance, less voltage drop, higher output signal), the sound is brighter with more sparkle in treble (an improvement considering slightly darker/warmer signature with original cable), and overall the sound is tighter (especially in low end).  And you get... more microphonics smily_headphones1.gif  Yeah, will have to live with that.

When I got my W40's I was able to exchange the stock cable for their UM series one, which is essentially the same, just with the rubber around the ear instead of pure cable, so literally no microphonics and better comfort. I also use the silicone tips because my ears don't like comply tips and the sound is MUCH brighter. Paired with my PA2V2, the bass also gets tighter and volume pushed up, so it seems I have no real need for upgrading the cable. smily_headphones1.gif
post #264 of 599

Right ear piece by the W40 where you plug in the cable cracked a little bit. I think it might of been have from me trying to hook up the FiiO cable. I called up EarphoneSolutions and will be getting a replacement soon. I had to send my old one back which will get there on Tuesday and hopefully they send out a new one on Weds.

post #265 of 599

For those tempted to buy the W40's, I just received my brand new pair from an eBay seller for $389 including free courier thru DHL to the UK from Hong Kong (marked as gift to avoid tax). I suspected these would be knockoffs like a pair of IE8's I bought a few weeks ago but they weren't! These are my first genuine IEM's so can't compare them to others but they are very evidently a genuine product. Really pleased!

post #266 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanrapp View Post
 

For those tempted to buy the W40's, I just received my brand new pair from an eBay seller for $389 including free courier thru DHL to the UK from Hong Kong (marked as gift to avoid tax). I suspected these would be knockoffs like a pair of IE8's I bought a few weeks ago but they weren't! These are my first genuine IEM's so can't compare them to others but they are very evidently a genuine product. Really pleased!

Do you have the link?

post #267 of 599
Just search for eBay member: dwi-digital-cameras-uk

If you can't find him I can email you the page. It just won't show me the URL on my iPad eBay app.
post #268 of 599
Found it, thanks!
post #269 of 599
Can anyone make a direct a/b comparison of the w40 to the noble n4? Thanks
post #270 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inear View Post
 

Right ear piece by the W40 where you plug in the cable cracked a little bit. I think it might of been have from me trying to hook up the FiiO cable. I called up EarphoneSolutions and will be getting a replacement soon. I had to send my old one back which will get there on Tuesday and hopefully they send out a new one on Weds.

 

Sorry to hear that, I have plugged mine in and out so many times, never a problem.  Maybe just stick to stock cable :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: