Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › E-MU 1212M goes for the modded RME's jugular
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E-MU 1212M goes for the modded RME's jugular - Page 3

post #31 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtch
What... do you live and die on the opinions of others?

Do you like the sound of your RME PAD? Then what's preventing you from keeping? Be your own person, stop jumping every time someone says "jump."

Sorry... this kind of response just sort of makes my gut rumble.
Yes, you shouldn't make judgements based on something you've never heard before yourself.

The kettle calling the.........

-Ed
post #32 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Great so my RME PAD is officially worthless.
(Unmodded too) (And I didn't even get it for the real cheap price... $310 shipped)
Heheh, now I don't feel so bad. I only spent $280.

Oh wait, that's only $30 cheaper.


To be honest, I've been hoping the Emu was at least marginally better. (sounds like it is) The 1820M's external box has a lot of modding opportunities that have me excited.

-Ed
post #33 of 260
now, has anyone compared it to the RME HDSP 9632? the so-cal meet will be a fun one.
post #34 of 260
Okay, maybe I won't be getting the Ety's with my tax return...
post #35 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper994
Okay, maybe I won't be getting the Ety's with my tax return...
Heh, well I still think your APUSB is quite respectable, and considering that you listen to so much DVD-A, getting the Etys first if you really want them might be the right step to take. Then you can just grow you system in quality with source, amp, and cable upgrades
post #36 of 260
I'd get rid of some of those headphones. Isn't there some overlap?

After that, with a little savings you could get both the emu and etys
post #37 of 260
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan
I'd get rid of some of those headphones. Isn't there some overlap?

After that, with a little savings you could get both the emu and etys
That's what I was trying to convince him of on the phone earlier today
post #38 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan
I'd get rid of some of those headphones. Isn't there some overlap?

After that, with a little savings you could get both the emu and etys
Not really, I got the 555's for work. When they go, I'll have the SR-60, HD280 Pro and HD595 (the 590's are going to be swapped for the 595 as soon as Goodguys can get me a set) at home. I can't/won't get rid of the SR-60 because it offers a nice change in sound from the Senns and I use it portably sometimes. I use the 280's when I'm on the computer since I need the isolation, my computer is very loud. And of course the 595 will be used for DVD-A and CD listening when the computer is off. The only headphone in my collection that I could do without is the PX100 but that's not going to bring enough resale value for me to justify parting with it.

Realistically, I could get the etys and the emu with my tax return but I'm not sure I want to spend that much. If I do get the ety's it would allow me to get rid of the 280 but again, the resale value won't bring in enough to justify getting rid of them. Especially since I like them so much.
post #39 of 260
I'd get rid of PX100 and get some quieter fans for the computer or something.

I'd get the Emu first as most people have a lot of redbook audio and sell the AP USB. Then save for Etys. Then sell HD280s when you get those. Sounds like a plan
post #40 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood
Yes, you shouldn't make judgements based on something you've never heard before yourself.
I don't. I'll make an occasional statement about other factors related to something I've never heard, but never judgements on the sound quality. It would be an outright lie to say "this sounds terrible" or "this sounds excellent" if I'd never heard it. I defy you to locate a post where I ever made such a judgment.
post #41 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan
I'd get rid of PX100 and get some quieter fans for the computer or something.

I'd get the Emu first as most people have a lot of redbook audio and sell the AP USB. Then save for Etys. Then sell HD280s when you get those. Sounds like a plan

Yeah but I would end up taking the AP USB to work if I got the EMU...
post #42 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtch
I don't. I'll make an occasional statement about other factors related to something I've never heard, but never judgements on the sound quality. It would be an outright lie to say "this sounds terrible" or "this sounds excellent" if I'd never heard it. I defy you to locate a post where I ever made such a judgment.

Before you and Ed go at it, can I sell some tickets to finance my Ety purchase?
post #43 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper994
Before you and Ed go at it, can I sell some tickets to finance my Ety purchase?
Go ahead, but I doubt anyone would pay for what they can get free...
post #44 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtch
Go ahead, but I doubt anyone would pay for what they can get free...

Yeah yeah, you're probably right but it was a good idea while it lasted...
post #45 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper994
Yeah but I would end up taking the AP USB to work if I got the EMU...
Looks like you're one of those people who always has a reason to keep things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › E-MU 1212M goes for the modded RME's jugular