Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread. - Page 6

post #76 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 

so far, they are okay.  in my head i keep jumping to an absolute level for BA things and as BA things go its not stellar.  a little dry, a little lacking in clarity like there is a faint haze over things.  of course the thing is super cheap so it really needs to be compared to things of a similar price and im thinknig its clarity is going to blow away dynamics around that price.  so for its looking for me as a fantastic entry level "audiophile" IEM

 

bare in mind this is from brief listening, fresh out of the box and having not played with the tips at all sooooooooo take it all with a pinch of salt.

 

Considering what I think they're doing with the diaphragm, I bet the dryness dissipates and they pick up some color.

post #77 of 232

I got my BA100's today. I've only had them in my ears maybe an hour so far and early on I can say they're a very good IEM for the money. The following are very early impressions so please take the following with a grain of salt. When I'm ready to post up my final impressions I'm sure there will be some changes to what I'm posting here. First of all, the highs are quite nice sounding. not overly tizzy and generally great separation for this price range. I would have liked a little more sparkle and a tad more extension but overall I'm hearing a full treble. The mids thus far, for me, are the highlight of this IEM. There's very good clarity and the highs seem to be very slightly forward, maybe quarter step, in comparison to the highs and lows. Vocals are very clear, forward and sound really nice with a very fluid and natural overall tonality. Sibilance control in the upper mids is pretty good thus far but I'll have to throw more music at these things before I can say anymore. Generally, the mids are very fluid with acceptably good detail that swings above it's price point. The bass is well behaved and the overall sig is well balanced. There might be a very slight mid bass peak but I'll have to listen to more music to draw a final conclusion on that. It's also a nice natural full bass that's detailed and well behaved with minimal bleed into the lower mids. Low end extension, pretty darn good for an IEM in this price point. Overall, I'm used to higher tier gear but have to admit for their price these sound like very good bang for the buck IEM's. I think I may have found my kick around work around the house/exercise IEM's.  I've owned the Klipsch S4, the UE 700 and 600 as well as the HiSound Popo, Meelectronics 151 and 161p and a couple of sets of Xears and I can honestly say thus far the BA100, going by memory, surpasses most of what I've listed or matches up nicely against the ones it doesn't beat. Stay tuned, final impressions will be posted in a couple of weeks.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 10/4/13 at 9:41pm
post #78 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

I've owned the Klipsch S4, the UE 700 and 600 as well as the HiSound Popo, Meelectronics 151 and 161p and a couple of sets of Xears and I can honestly say thus far the BA100, going by memory, surpasses most of what I've listed or matches up nicely against the ones it doesn't beat. Stay tuned, final impressions will be posted in a couple of weeks.

 

Hmm, did it match or beat the ones in bold above? 

post #79 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

Hmm, did it match or beat the ones in bold above? 

 

Try and contact Jack via PM (hisound). Tell him I sent you. He may be able to provide you a sample. :). They are quite good for the price point.

post #80 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

Try and contact Jack via PM (hisound). Tell him I sent you. He may be able to provide you a sample. :). They are quite good for the price point.

 

I reckon if he asks he would give him one anyway. 

I've alway wondered how Hisound makes a profit. I mean they give away so many review samples and they surely don't make a lot of money on each item... I mean their products are all so good for their price range. 

post #81 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

 

I reckon if he asks he would give him one anyway. 

I've alway wondered how Hisound makes a profit. I mean they give away so many review samples and they surely don't make a lot of money on each item... I mean their products are all so good for their price range. 

 

You might be overestimating the production value. And as you know if you have a good product this can be one of the most effective away to advertise it, good marketing opportunity.


Edited by n0str3ss - 10/5/13 at 5:04am
post #82 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

 

You might be overestimating the production value. And as you know if you have a good product this can be one of the most effective away to advertise it, good marketing opportunity.

 

You're probably right. 

Anyway, if Hisound was a larger company like Sennheiser, they would sell heaps of the BA-100. 

post #83 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

I got my BA100's today. I've only had them in my ears maybe an hour so far and early on I can say they're a very good IEM for the money. The following are very early impressions so please take the following with a grain of salt. When I'm ready to post up my final impressions I'm sure there will be some changes to what I'm posting here. First of all, the highs are quite nice sounding. not overly tizzy and generally great separation for this price range. I would have liked a little more sparkle and a tad more extension but overall I'm hearing a full treble. The mids thus far, for me, are the highlight of this IEM. There's very good clarity and the highs seem to be very slightly forward, maybe quarter step, in comparison to the highs and lows. Vocals are very clear, forward and sound really nice with a very fluid and natural overall tonality. Sibilance control in the upper mids is pretty good thus far but I'll have to throw more music at these things before I can say anymore. Generally, the mids are very fluid with acceptably good detail that swings above it's price point. The bass is well behaved and the overall sig is well balanced. There might be a very slight mid bass peak but I'll have to listen to more music to draw a final conclusion on that. It's also a nice natural full bass that's detailed and well behaved with minimal bleed into the lower mids. Low end extension, pretty darn good for an IEM in this price point. Overall, I'm used to higher tier gear but have to admit for their price these sound like very good bang for the buck IEM's. I think I may have found my kick around work around the house/exercise IEM's.  I've owned the Klipsch S4, the UE 700 and 600 as well as the HiSound Popo, Meelectronics 151 and 161p and a couple of sets of Xears and I can honestly say thus far the BA100, going by memory, surpasses most of what I've listed or matches up nicely against the ones it doesn't beat. Stay tuned, final impressions will be posted in a couple of weeks.

 

Thanks. When I get mine, I won't make any initial comments until they have some hours on them along with impressions on if I think they changed (much). So far everyone has liked them right out of the box so can't be too bad.

:smile:

post #84 of 232

Until now all reviews have been very positive, let's see if the trend keeps up and how they are gonna stand up in some comparisons. Really looking forward to it.

post #85 of 232
If someone is interested and Jack agrees I can pass on my sample once I am done with them.
post #86 of 232

I would like to to a small comparison with vsd1 and keep the chain going if you want.

post #87 of 232

I'd think the non bass enhanced vsd1s would be a better compare.

post #88 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

Hmm, did it match or beat the ones in bold above? 

Early impression is, they beat the UE 600/700 in a lot of areas and flat out beat the A151. Of coarse this may change as I give them more listening time

post #89 of 232

That would be quite impressive since they are the same price range. Keep the updates coming.

post #90 of 232
Thread Starter 

Currently listening to the Hisound BA. They seem to have improved a bit with usage. It's generally a neutral sounding IEM IMO. Very well balanced. I have to agree with the comment above about the vocals being really noticeable. In a good way that is. Bass has a good amount of quantity and quality is decent. Overall I'm quite impressed. Makes me regret ever spending $100 on the bose IE2s lol. The tonality of these IEMs is different from what I'm generally use to. Not saying its a negative. Just when I first put them on it does take some getting use to. Going from memory though I do feel these are superior to the RE262 which were like $150.00 I think?


Edited by lee730 - 10/6/13 at 11:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.