Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High End CIEM/IEM Thread! - Page 4

post #46 of 597
Thread Starter 

Old pic, but still hi-fi!

 

post #47 of 597

When in doubt, select: (E) No Error

 

Driving down the road, the rock hit the windshield. Of course you should of swerved! There are three things to always do while driving: check your mirrors, look both ways, and the safest driver always gets home in one piece.

post #48 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

When in doubt, select: (E) No Error

 

Driving down the road, the rock hit the windshield. Of course you should of swerved! There are three things to always do while driving: check your mirrors, look both ways, and the safest driver always gets home in one piece.

 

Lol. Typical SAT stuff here.

post #49 of 597

My UM Miracles arrived today and my first impressions are positive, however, I feel to improve their SQ [ when using my GS-Xmk2 ] I'm going to have to find a way to plug them into the GS-X's 4 pin XLR socket.

I'll see if I can get a 3.5mm [ female ] jack to 4 pin XLR [ male ] adapter made.

Their fit is perfect and the build quality looks also to be very good, but I do find the cable is very thin.

I've only listened to them for a short time with my GS-X, but in that time I put them quite a bit behind my SR-009 / BHSE, and my HD-600's sound better again with the GS-X, but that's because those headphones have a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable plugged into them, and I find using the GS-X's 4 pin XLR produces a lot better SQ than it's normal headphone socket[s].

I think once I'm able to plug the Miracles into the GS-X's 4 pin socket, the SQ should improve quite a lot. 

 

                                 

                                 

 

Sorry the photos aren't that good, but it started getting dark out when I took the top one, and the bottom one was taken in artificial light.

post #50 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post
 

My UM Miracles arrived today and my first impressions are positive, however, I feel to improve their SQ [ when using my GS-Xmk2 ] I'm going to have to find a way to plug them into the GS-X's 4 pin XLR socket.

I'll see if I can get a 3.5mm [ female ] jack to 4 pin XLR [ male ] adapter made.

Their fit is perfect and the build quality looks also to be very good, but I do find the cable is very thin.

I've only listened to them for a short time with my GS-X, but in that time I put them quite a bit behind my SR-009 / BHSE, and my HD-600's sound better again with the GS-X, but that's because those headphones have a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable plugged into them, and I find using the GS-X's 4 pin XLR produces a lot better SQ than it's normal headphone socket[s].

I think once I'm able to plug the Miracles into the GS-X's 4 pin socket, the SQ should improve quite a lot. 

 

                                 

                                 

 

Sorry the photos aren't that good, but it started getting dark out when I took the top one, and the bottom one was taken in artificial light.

 

Good looking ciem! I hope you enjoy them.

post #51 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post
 

My UM Miracles arrived today and my first impressions are positive, however, I feel to improve their SQ [ when using my GS-Xmk2 ] I'm going to have to find a way to plug them into the GS-X's 4 pin XLR socket.

I'll see if I can get a 3.5mm [ female ] jack to 4 pin XLR [ male ] adapter made.

Their fit is perfect and the build quality looks also to be very good, but I do find the cable is very thin.

I've only listened to them for a short time with my GS-X, but in that time I put them quite a bit behind my SR-009 / BHSE, and my HD-600's sound better again with the GS-X, but that's because those headphones have a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable plugged into them, and I find using the GS-X's 4 pin XLR produces a lot better SQ than it's normal headphone socket[s].

I think once I'm able to plug the Miracles into the GS-X's 4 pin socket, the SQ should improve quite a lot. 

 

                                 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

                                 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Sorry the photos aren't that good, but it started getting dark out when I took the top one, and the bottom one was taken in artificial light.

 

I don't think this is possible. This would essentially be going from a single-ended termination to a balanced termination. You would have to get a totally new cable terminated 4-Pin XLR, (x2) 3 Pin XLR, or a TRRS jack - then use an adapter. Correct me if I'm wrong someone. 

 

Nonetheless, a very beautiful IEM indeed. Congrats

post #52 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

I don't think this is possible. This would essentially be going from a single-ended termination to a balanced termination. You would have to get a totally new cable terminated 4-Pin XLR, (x2) 3 Pin XLR, or a TRRS jack - then use an adapter. Correct me if I'm wrong someone. 

Nonetheless, a very beautiful IEM indeed. Congrats


I don't know anything about the technical side of audio so you might be right, so I'll get in touch with the place that made my silver custom cable for my HD-600's and see if they can do a similar cable for my miracles.
post #53 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Good looking ciem! I hope you enjoy them.

Thank you !
post #54 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post


I don't know anything about the technical side of audio so you might be right, so I'll get in touch with the place that made my silver custom cable for my HD-600's and see if they can do a similar cable for my miracles.

 

Yup. They should be able to make a custom cable balanced.

post #55 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Yup. They should be able to make a custom cable balanced.

The custom cable I have for my HD-600's is very well built so I'll definitely be getting in touch with Alister about a similar cable for my Miracles, however even if he can do a cable for them, it'll be sometime before I'll have the spare money to buy one because I've things that need doing that should've been done sometime ago.
post #56 of 597

 

post #57 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post





ARE THOSE THE EM6s?????? Intial impressions pleaseeeeeee?
post #58 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

ARE THOSE THE EM6s?????? Intial impressions pleaseeeeeee?
Those are the S-EM6, the EM6 are the custom version.
post #59 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Those are the S-EM6, the EM6 are the custom version.
Oh sorry! Was contemplating whether it was S-EM6 or just EM6 but went with EM6 instead cos both iems have EM6 in them haha
post #60 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

Oh sorry! Was contemplating whether it was S-EM6 or just EM6 but went with EM6 instead cos both iems have EM6 in them haha
No problem. It's S-EM6 as in standardized EM6.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › High End CIEM/IEM Thread!