Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFitEartagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productFitEar MH334 custom in-ear monitortagged by joe, 3/3/14
- brandJH Audiotagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by joe, 3/3/14
- brandNoble Audiotagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by Sam Edwards, 6/21/14
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ES5 vs. UE reference vs. JH vs. any other Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Freqphase, who's upgraded from the older models? Last post on 5/5/13 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
High End CIEM/IEM Thread! - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IK. But even using IM03 as a reference, the frequency extension is quite short. I still really like the 846, but there simply isn't any upper treble. Lower treble is still superb though. This kind of thing reminds me of SE535 and MDR7550, both of which I love.
Thank you for verifying my ears. I had no idea it extends that well, I've been recently looking for BA with good extension too. Oh man that looks neutral. This tells me that for this case, my ears and the graph line-up.
NT6 measured back in 2011, no compensation. I don't get why impedance graph is so bad? For those that have NT6, does it have laid back mids? The treble looks to extend pretty good, but one channel extends farther than the other, there is imbalance there. :(
Anyone here can share their opinion of which IEM they have heard before that sounds closest to the ultra dynamic sounding Line Array Speakers used in concerts?
That is the compensated graph. Diffuse Sound Field Equalization + The small room X-Curve Compensation
Hmm... K3003? Those sounds like speakers in good concert halls.
When i compared these to the ditas they were kind of shouty in the trebles, not clean and natural like the ditas. They also lost out on the bass as it just didn't sound as natural and deep reaching and controlled. In fact, across the spectrum the ditas have such a natural and real tone that it makes it hard to listen to anything else. Don't get me wrong it isn't the best thing in the world and each of the top iems would probably do s thing or two better than the ditas but none sound quite as natural in my humble opinion
NT6 pro is the EDM lover's dream iem
Never heard it before, but the NT6 Pro paired with the Wagnus Epsilon S amp is a must hear for any electronic music lover.
- High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 35 seconds ago
- › I'm a newbie and I need some guidelines 51 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hey HF, this has been asked, but wanting some opinions of owners. 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 5 minutes ago
- › Portable speakers: Bose Soundlink Mini or UE Boom? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)