or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline - Page 14

post #196 of 1613
The Quickie was an essential add-on for my setup to use with my Seduction phono stage. The two have been a great combination.

So much so that I'm working on an upgrade to both; An Eros and a BeePre will take their place.
post #197 of 1613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsupt View Post

The Quickie was an essential add-on for my setup to use with my Seduction phono stage. The two have been a great combination.

So much so that I'm working on an upgrade to both; An Eros and a BeePre will take their place.

 

Nice. Please share your thoughts!!

post #198 of 1613
Thread Starter 

The Mainline kit is here from Bottlehead

 

(photobomb from Lisa, not included in package)

 

In the same package was a Quickie PJCCS upgrade and S.E.X. C4S upgrade. I have a busy weekend ahead!!

 

The Mainline won't get started just yet because I need to get the chassis plate anodised... blue this time...

post #199 of 1613
Can't wait for your upcoming review Lachlan!
I haven't pull the trigger just yet. Maybe I should do Mainline instead of S.E.X?
post #200 of 1613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewewho77 View Post

Can't wait for your upcoming review Lachlan!
I haven't pull the trigger just yet. Maybe I should do Mainline instead of S.E.X?

 

Hold tight wewewho! Quickie upgrade tonight, S.E.X. C4S over the weekend, Mainline in weeks to come...

 

I should warn you though, it might be 2-3 weeks before the Mainline's done because we have a local meet here next weekend and the Xbox One is arriving with a copies of Forza and NBA 2K14! :tongue_smile:

post #201 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Hold tight wewewho! Quickie upgrade tonight, S.E.X. C4S over the weekend, Mainline in weeks to come...

I should warn you though, it might be 2-3 weeks before the Mainline's done because we have a local meet here next weekend and the Xbox One is arriving with a copies of Forza and NBA 2K14! tongue_smile.gif
Ouch
Just need a little patience
Anyway have fun guys
post #202 of 1613
Thread Starter 

Major tease coming...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just installed the C4S and it has definitely taken the S.E.X. to a whole new level. Updated review coming soon to the front page (I'll post an update here once it's done)
post #203 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

Major tease coming...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just installed the C4S and it has definitely taken the S.E.X. to a whole new level. Updated review coming soon to the front page (I'll post an update here once it's done)

Cool.  

post #204 of 1613
Sorry it took as long as it did to get the kits to you Lachlan. The geniuses at the local post office are so used to sending things to nearby Victoria, B.C., Canada, that they initially shipped your kit there instead of Victoria, OZ. This is akin to we Washingtonians often having to explain that we are not in the same Washington as all of our beloved politicians, but rather in the one that is as far away as we can be from them.
post #205 of 1613
Thread Starter 

That's OK, Doc. I know it wasn't your error.

 

I have to say I'm a little scared now though... the S.E.X. with C4S sounds SO good that I'm worried the Mainline might actually blow my mind!

post #206 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

Really happy to join this thread, as I am planning a tube amp DIY session in the new year, my first ever so maybe the Crack, but really want to jump in to the Mainline. 

....

 

 

Buy the latter and get the former for free?  http://www.bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,5190.0.html  

 

Also, hoping to be able to provide impressions on my mainline very soon!

post #207 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post

 

 

Also, hoping to be able to provide impressions on my mainline very soon!

 

:popcorn:

post #208 of 1613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

 

:popcorn:

+1

post #209 of 1613
Thread Starter 
post #210 of 1613

Maybe you'll sell Crack at meet on Satdy...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline