or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. - Page 78

post #1156 of 2209

^ See: Oppo hype.


Edited by White Lotus - 2/11/14 at 3:51pm
post #1157 of 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

I don't get your point, but I do get your rant lol.

 

I was wary about the 90's being FOTM as well. But I've read enough about them from people that I trust that I am 99.99% sure that they are the real deal.

 

And I have the M500's, so I know that they are the real deal. That doesn't mean that newer and debate-ably better stuff won't come out (such as P7's, HP50's, ON1's etc) which takes the focus away from the M500's. But that also doesn't mean that the M500's suddenly become "not great".

 

Maybe you just don't like reading about new high quality stuff that comes out?

I don't like all the OMG HYPE that's posted with them

 

One of my favorite "new" headphones was the Sound Magic HP 100. Remeber when that came out... I sure don't lol! It was a few years ago I think, my point is it's a good headphone and was modestly recommended. I didn't see it poping up literally EVERY WHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN. It slowy and surely crept into Head Fi's pool of nice Closed backs

 

the M90s are too SUDDEN for me, I don't like SUDDEN. I know for me the K550 was EPIC for about a week... then I noticed just how bad the fit issues where for me. They sealed... except when yawned, or spoke, or ate something, or even sneezed... SOLD. So first impressions are great! But don't start recommending headphones based on First impressions. For our new members who don't always have the experince with reselling that we experinced head fi members do, I feel it's best to recommend to them what we know works for two reasons

 

1) expectations for the Headphone are realistic

2) they re sell easy

 

That said, new members can get a very nice idea with what they are getting, no suprises. Speaking of Supriese, as much as I like Dan at Mr Speakers 

 

The first OMG HYPE headphone I got was the Mad Dog, and it was OMG great for about a day... with my EDM I loved it... then I started listening to it with my other gear... then I noticed just how much I did not like it's sound signiture, mids where to thick and slow for my tastes. 

 

So that said, the Mad Dog is a good headphone, but I was unaware of it's need for powerful amps and it's dislike of cheap Tube amps. And cheap under powered tube amps are what I had when I got the Mad Dog, about a month after I got my Mad Dog I started to hear about some of what I discovered. That said

 

New Headphones are awesome, but the Hype Train is real and it can be dangerous, I had one rather bad experince already. I don't want another. Nor do I want another for any other new members 

post #1158 of 2209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I don't like all the OMG HYPE that's posted with them

 

One of my favorite "new" headphones was the Sound Magic HP 100. Remeber when that came out... I sure don't lol! It was a few years ago I think, my point is it's a good headphone and was modestly recommended. I didn't see it poping up literally EVERY WHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN. It slowy and surely crept into Head Fi's pool of nice Closed backs

 

the M90s are too SUDDEN for me, I don't like SUDDEN. I know for me the K550 was EPIC for about a week... then I noticed just how bad the fit issues where for me. They sealed... except when yawned, or spoke, or ate something, or even sneezed... SOLD. So first impressions are great! But don't start recommending headphones based on First impressions. For our new members who don't always have the experince with reselling that we experinced head fi members do, I feel it's best to recommend to them what we know works for two reasons

 

1) expectations for the Headphone are realistic

2) they re sell easy

 

That said, new members can get a very nice idea with what they are getting, no suprises. Speaking of Supriese, as much as I like Dan at Mr Speakers 

 

The first OMG HYPE headphone I got was the Mad Dog, and it was OMG great for about a day... with my EDM I loved it... then I started listening to it with my other gear... then I noticed just how much I did not like it's sound signiture, mids where to thick and slow for my tastes. 

 

So that said, the Mad Dog is a good headphone, but I was unaware of it's need for powerful amps and it's dislike of cheap Tube amps. And cheap under powered tube amps are what I had when I got the Mad Dog, about a month after I got my Mad Dog I started to hear about some of what I discovered. That said

 

New Headphones are awesome, but the Hype Train is real and it can be dangerous, I had one rather bad experince already. I don't want another. Nor do I want another for any other new members 


^ All valid points and the Hype Train is no doubt the real deal, but you just have to read/see through all the bull hyperbole is all. Impressions from certain "trusted" members has more validity to me than others due to similar experiences/preferences or a shared gear history, so i hold them at i higher value but i don't necessarily disregard ALL of the OMG HYPES cuz if their spazz hypes are aligned with all the other impressions that means there is a consensus regarding what/ how the sonic abilities/ capabilities are. 

 

So on that note research and mo' research is the key to not fall victim to the Hype Train cuz i have fell to it many tymes as well, but it wasn't a TOTAL train wreck cuz i have gained invaluable experience from it. You know what though, most of the FOTM hyped gears actually have lived up to their hype albeit no as crazy as some of those more outlandish claims but it wasn't a total letdown.

post #1159 of 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ All valid points and the Hype Train is no doubt the real deal, but you just have to read/see through all the bull hyperbole is all. Impressions from certain "trusted" members has more validity to me than others due to similar experiences/preferences or a shared gear history, so i hold them at i higher value but i don't necessarily disregard ALL of the OMG HYPES cuz if their spazz hypes are aligned with all the other impressions that means there is a consensus regarding what/ how the sonic abilities/ capabilities are. 

 

So on that note research and mo' research is the key to not fall victim to the Hype Train cuz i have fell to it many tymes as well, but it wasn't a TOTAL train wreck cuz i have gained invaluable experience from it. You know what though, most of the FOTM hyped gears actually have lived up to their hype albeit no as crazy as some of those more outlandish claims but it wasn't a total letdown.

Sadly I don't think the Mad Dog was Hype, I just dont like dark cans xD 

post #1160 of 2209

What are your favourite non-hyped cans?

post #1161 of 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

What are your favourite non-hyped cans?

All the cans I own currently :3

 

My biggest "new" can that I'm glad I tried was the Sound Magic HP 100. 

post #1162 of 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

So on that note research and mo' research is the key to not fall victim to the Hype Train cuz i have fell to it many tymes as well, but it wasn't a TOTAL train wreck cuz i have gained invaluable experience from it. You know what though, most of the FOTM hyped gears actually have lived up to their hype albeit no as crazy as some of those more outlandish claims but it wasn't a total letdown.

 

+1. And even though I don't fall for the hype like a lemming like I used to, it just happened to me with the 90's.  it's impossible to not do so once in a while if you hang around these forums. If you don't ever want to fall for the hype, then this isn't the place to hang out.

 

In the end though, you make the best buying decision you can based on the hype (hopefully from people you trust) and the reviews, and then ultimately it comes down to your own ears. You could make the most careful buying decision ever, and still not like the cans once you get them on your head. Vegas baby!

post #1163 of 2209

1500 posts - thanks for helping me waste heaps of time, guys.

 

post #1164 of 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

1500 posts - thanks for helping me waste heaps of time, guys.

 


Hey man, you're MOT. You should know better:)

 

post #1165 of 2209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

1500 posts - thanks for helping me waste heaps of time, guys.

 


^ No probleme meng, glad to help.

 

............................................................................................here have a taco. :)

post #1166 of 2209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

^ See: Oppo hype.

^ Dat hype hasn't materialized yet though. ;) Haven't kept up with that thread, but don't remember reading anything worth re-posting/ commenting here tbh.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Sadly I don't think the Mad Dog was Hype, I just dont like dark cans xD 

^ I am sure those Mad Doggies are nice, cuz even the T50RPs in stock form is pretty impressive. They sound like a more warm/ mellow Beyer DT-250s with a more tamed treble, bigger/ better textured bass and mids were not bad at all. Pretty impressive in stock form already so when modded, lordy lord!!! :basshead:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

What are your favourite non-hyped cans?

LoL now that you mention it MOST my gears are hyped gears, and they have lived up to their hype for most parts, but the most disappointing and utterly worst of the hyped gears i bought into was hands down the JVC FXZ200s.

 

So my non-hyped gears list is pretty limited, and i would have to say the Beyer DT-250s and the VSonic VC02 are my favorite noe-hypes. The VC02s is one hell of a micro driver iems, so small, so cheap yet sounds so good. Can more than hang with the old Sony XBA-3s. They are kinda like a poor mans version of the XBA3s although not as technically capable they sound more natural/ with better timbre than the Sonys.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

+1. And even though I don't fall for the hype like a lemming like I used to, it just happened to me with the 90's.  it's impossible to not do so once in a while if you hang around these forums. If you don't ever want to fall for the hype, then this isn't the place to hang out.

 

In the end though, you make the best buying decision you can based on the hype (hopefully from people you trust) and the reviews, and then ultimately it comes down to your own ears. You could make the most careful buying decision ever, and still not like the cans once you get them on your head. Vegas baby!

^ i wouldn't say it's at Vegas levels here yet cuz at least you still have your iems/cans left even though you're butt naked by their hype train a.k.a wallet utterly emptied. But yeah some hype trains are pretty damn expensive for my blood, so if you're gonna ride ride safe and cheap is the best way to go. haha

 

Cuz those $5 hohos are good enough for me if you knowhatimeng. ;)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/12/14 at 5:13pm
post #1167 of 2209

You know what scares me is I have more posts than Sfw <.<  

post #1168 of 2209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

You know what scares me is I have more posts than Sfw <.<  


^ Cuz i don't really troll. :normal_smile :  >.>

post #1169 of 2209

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I HAVE ALMOST 1000 POSTS!! OH MAN!!!

 

Oh....my...

 

 

george-takei-oh-my.png

 

 

Had to make a big deal out of nothing. :p

post #1170 of 2209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I HAVE ALMOST 1000 POSTS!! OH MAN!!!

 

Oh....my...

 

 

george-takei-oh-my.png

 

 

Had to make a big deal out of nothing. :p


^ LMAO and you joined WHEN??? SMH.......................................... mad slackin' like a hasbeen cuz you need to hop on that FOTMs spazz hypes meng. Dats how you stay relevant.:cool:

 

Lowly post count head-fier gots no street cred here. Fff outta' here!!!

... be snackin' on ya'll like no ones biz meng. :popcorn: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.