Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. - Page 74

post #1096 of 2197
Thread Starter 

Oh man Da' HYPE seems to be STRONG with this one early on boi!!!

 

Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-2nd-2014/3195#post_10170426
 

Joker's very brief impressions from CES        http://theheadphonelist.com/ces-2014-headphone-coverage-part-2-audio-technica-stax-beyerdynamic-and-more/   Just below his Beyerdynamic impressions.

 

" from a quick audition with my Unique Melody Miracle it seemed to be a competitor for the HM-901."

^ This gas stove DAP might kick some serious arse if true. :triportsad:

 

Oh and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 

Where dat deep deep troll discount that i was promised. :mad:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/700655/sold#post_10171241

 

LIESSSSSSSSS!!! :tongue:

 

Glad Mr. E got it though, i knew he was a weaksauce and would fall for the hype quicker than me. :cool: 

post #1097 of 2197

How much is that new Abbot & Costello Dap?  Not worth the time to look.  Did they even fix the issues with the last one yet ?

 

Someone needs to take a list of all the hyped iems in the Dork Discovery thread and note how many times each model is mentioned then make some nice coloured graphs to show most of them roll off fast on the freq curve of being mentioned.

 Instead of dropping off the chart at 40 hz it will be 40 days


Edited by nick n - 1/16/14 at 8:55pm
post #1098 of 2197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

How much is that new Abbot & Costello Dap?  Not worth the time to look.  Did they even fix the issues with the last one yet ?

 

Someone needs to take a list of all the hyped iems in the Dork Discovery thread and note how many times each model is mentioned then make some nice coloured graphs to show most of them roll off fast on the freq curve of being mentioned.

 Instead of dropping off the chart at 40 hz it will be 40 days


^ Dat new A&K DAP is like $2.5 Ks and up most likely. LMAO :triportsad:

 

That sounds like a job for you kooky one, FOR DORKSCOVERY AND BEYOND!!! :p DEWITTT!!!

post #1099 of 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Dat new A&K DAP is like $2.5 Ks and up most likely. LMAO :triportsad:

 

That sounds like a job for you kooky one, FOR DORKSCOVERY AND BEYOND!!! :p DEWITTT!!!

Oh man that new A&K dap is gonna be killer! Might have to sell my car just so I can walk ever where an appreciate it moar! 

post #1100 of 2197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Oh man that new A&K Fiio dap is gonna be ***GIANT*** killer! Might have to sell my car just so I can walk ever where an appreciate it moar! 

^ You spoke wayyy too soon.

 

        Check below. v

 

HYPED!!! For the Fiio X5

 

Quote: THE GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!  :cool:
 
  • 100x100px-LS-18b7a28e_TCKA1G.jpeg
  • ClieOS
  • IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
  • Contributor

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet1357911 View Post
 


Can U compare it with HM700, and Do u think it suit with Re600 ?

 

HM700 makes for a good competition for X3, but not X5. It is really obvious that X5 has outclassed the whole X3 / DX50 / HM700 / AK100 level of DAP and more to the AK120 / DX100 / HM802 / HM901 level..

 

I don't have RE600, but X5 is very neutral so it is not picky when it comes to pairing.

 

p/s: I would even venture a guess to say that some AK120 owner might find the DAP's $1300 price tag a bit hard to swallow on hindsight, once they have the chance to listen to the X5. Well I don't have a AK120 myself, so don't trust me on this :)

 

Alright, X5 sucks, X5 sucks...

^ haha ClieOS got jokes as well. : P

post #1101 of 2197
Thread Starter 

This one is for funzies. : P

 

Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014/3570#post_10198460
 
  • 100x100px-LS-18b7a28e_TCKA1G.jpeg
  • ClieOS
  • IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
  • Contributor

Just spent the last 15 minutes listening to X5 - a BIG WOW from me so far :atsmile:

 

+

Quote: Like i just said Da' GOD has spoken.....;)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Just spent the last 15 minutes listening to X5 - a BIG WOW from me so far :atsmile:


 

*instantly about 2000 X5 units are pre-ordered*

 

+

Quote: Troll.... .        Dat' Gif. :cool:
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Just spent the last 15 minutes listening to X5 - a BIG WOW from me so far :atsmile:

 

+

Quote: :atsmile:
 
  • 100x100px-LS-18b7a28e_TCKA1G.jpeg
  • ClieOS
  • IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
  • Contributor

 

One more thing to add: I know there are people who complain about the small screen and the big bezel on both sides. But despite its size, it is definitely one of the nicest looking small screen on all the DAP I have had outside of iDevices. I mean, X5's screen doesn't even need to feel ashamed sitting next to Nano 7G.

 


 

Okay, now to cool off all the hyping: X5 sucks. X5 sucks. X5 sucks. X5 sucks. X5 sucks. X5 sucks. X5 sucks...

 

Well, Is it working yet?

^  haha it all makes sense now, HYPED!!! If only it comes in silver color scheme though..... :rolleyes: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/24/14 at 1:12pm
post #1102 of 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

This one is for funzies. : P

 

 

+

 

+

 

+

^  haha it all makes sense now, HYPED!!! If only it comes in silver color scheme though..... :rolleyes: 


I was hoping for Piano Black Epoxy  Paint with Elephant Ivory buttons and control wheel.

 

But while were hyping


This is the new Westone 5500 dollar flagship, apparently:rolleyes:. The Abyssmal school of design and pricing seems to have taken root.

 

One can only hope they follow the route of the Martian LogJams and wind up discounted 90% in the first 6 months:wink_face:

post #1103 of 2197

I think our favourite robot is about to invest in a new toy.

post #1104 of 2197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


I was hoping for Piano Black Epoxy  Paint with Elephant Ivory buttons and control wheel.

 

But while were hyping


This is the new Westone 5500 dollar flagship, apparently:rolleyes:. The Abyssmal school of design and pricing seems to have taken root.

 

One can only hope they follow the route of the Martian LogJams and wind up discounted 90% in the first 6 months:wink_face:

^

... those are some BUTT UGLY cans, and it's a flagship model. LMAO Looks like some $30 cheapo CHinese knockoffs. Correction that gives Chinese knockoffs a bad name tbh, cuz their quality these days are pretty good. WOW just wow, that looks awful. :confused_face:

 

But not as awful as this piece of schiit.....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

... c'mon son really, REALLY??? :bigsmile_face:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I think our favourite robot is about to invest in a new toy.

Robot Who??? What??? Where???

 

Alls i see is.....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

But i do have something shiny and metal coming in tomorrow though. :ksc75smile:

 

YOU BEEN STALKING ME??? :eek:

post #1105 of 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^

... those are some BUTT UGLY cans, and it's a flagship model. LMAO Looks like some $30 cheapo CHinese knockoffs. Correction that gives Chinese knockoffs a bad name tbh, cuz their quality these days are pretty good. WOW just wow, that looks awful. :confused_face:

 

But not as awful as this piece of schiit.....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

... c'mon son really, REALLY??? :bigsmile_face:

 

 

 

Robot Who??? What??? Where???

 

Alls i see is.....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

But i do have something shiny and metal coming in tomorrow though. :ksc75smile:

 

YOU BEEN STALKING ME??? :eek:

Yup ugly is in in the flagship zone these days. I guess people want their high end stuff to look like it came from Toys R Us.  Infant Grunge will be the new wave.

 

You know you want one of those Pininfarina phones. Just admit it. Wait till I jam 20 bucks worth of DAP guts in there and charge Altmann prices for em:D

 

Shiny and metal can come out of the wrong end of a Glock you know, careful what you wish for:eek:

post #1106 of 2197

What's coming in tomorrow?

post #1107 of 2197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

Yup ugly is in in the flagship zone these days. I guess people want their high end stuff to look like it came from Toys R Us.  Infant Grunge will be the new wave.

 

You know you want one of those Pininfarina phones. Just admit it. Wait till I jam 20 bucks worth of DAP guts in there and charge Altmann prices for em:D

 

Shiny and metal can come out of the wrong end of a Glock you know, careful what you wish for:eek:

^ i wouldn't be caught DEAD with that dumb piece of schiit, and that's some MAJOR swagsauce reduction when you posted that tbh. Tyme to level up again and get on my level boi!!!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i keep it bassed with that sauce like that.... :cool:

 

The only thing coming out is this happy sauce meng. nuff said.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

What's coming in tomorrow?

^ See post above, OH HAPPY DAY!!! :eek:

 

Better than those happy golden coins, tbh. :wink_face:

post #1108 of 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

Yup ugly is in in the flagship zone these days. I guess people want their high end stuff to look like it came from Toys R Us.  Infant Grunge will be the new wave.

 

You know you want one of those Pininfarina phones. Just admit it. Wait till I jam 20 bucks worth of DAP guts in there and charge Altmann prices for em:D

 

Shiny and metal can come out of the wrong end of a Glock you know, careful what you wish for:eek:

*sigh* maybe it's ugly to scare away those not worthy of it's greatness 

post #1109 of 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Maybe he died.

Don't raise our hopes up like that.

post #1110 of 2197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

Don't raise our hopes up like that.

^

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

... where you been meng, been looking all ova' for ya'. HE HE HE :evil:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.