Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. - Page 70

post #1036 of 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Nice to see that list. Waynes world will be pleased you felt fit to put the MT300 right at the top of the list.


Is that top or bottom? Is my understanding of the < symbol incorrect here?

 

Either way the MH1 mafia are gonna have a hit out on em for not rating them the bestust supremusest IEM's of all time.

 

 

PS ?The hells a supremus Canada lounge thread???


Edited by Hutnicks - 12/13/13 at 7:06pm
post #1037 of 2141

yeah Sfwalcer there typed the opposite of what he meant so i was just pointing that out.

 

Headphone Supremeus Lounge.. you never got the email with the access code to it? :wink_face:I can PM you with it soon. And you missed out on the t-shirt sendouts I guess also. It's usually sent out just after 2000 posts.


Edited by nick n - 12/13/13 at 9:14pm
post #1038 of 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

yeah Sfwalcer there typed the opposite of what he meant so i was just pointing that out.

 

Headphone Supremeus Lounge.. you never got the email with the access code to it? :wink_face:I can PM you with it soon. And you missed out on the t-shirt sendouts I guess also. It's usually sent out just after 2000 posts.


Don't get much in the way of anything anymore:)

post #1039 of 2141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


Don't get much in the way of anything anymore:)


Sounds about right...... ;)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

... looks like it ran off again. ;)

 

post #1040 of 2141

Pff Canada Thread, the East Coast Suprememus thread is where it's at meng! 

post #1041 of 2141

East? Nahh  Sf wanted me to tell you to Go WEST haha

post #1042 of 2141
^ Yuck.. I'm heading back east now lol!
post #1043 of 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

^ Yuck.. I'm heading back east now lol!

YEA BOI, *high fives* 

post #1044 of 2141

It's OK wayne none of these young uns will even know who that is anyhow.

 

Hi-Fives? Don't you mean Bro Hoof to waynes world, he is a Brony after all.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608201/my-little-pony-discussion-thread/510#post_9855014


Edited by nick n - 12/15/13 at 1:54pm
post #1045 of 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

It's OK wayne none of these young uns will even know who that is anyhow.

 

Hi-Fives? Don't you mean Bro Hoof to waynes world, he is a Brony after all.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608201/my-little-pony-discussion-thread/510#post_9855014


Well then they can get out and see for themselves (other than Go West covered by Pet Shop Boys being adopted by FIFA for the world cup)

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Village-People-tickets/artist/772533

 

Moroder just won't let it die. And to think HE was one of the "great" inspirations for RAM by DP:rolleyes:

post #1046 of 2141
Thread Starter 

^ ehhh no comment regarding those sick Canned_Up_@ss_Jammed Parties of yours, like i be saying we try to not judge here........ but just don't rub/ flaunt that 'ish in people's faces is alls i am asking. :tongue:

 

Anywho DAT COMPLETE 180 ANTI_HYPE!!! LMAO Another victim of the "New Toy Syndrome." T_T

 

Quote: What an epic 1st post I AM NOT WORTHY!!!
 
  • 100x100px-LS-81cc36ee_avatar-120-5.jpg
  • 1 Post. Joined Today at 7:48 pm

I'm sitting here in awe. After over 100 IEM's (earphones), a pair of UE 7 pro customs, and countless big money disappointments, I'm typing this up and just enveloped by beauty in music. These Sony XBA-30's are so smooth and lush. No better mids have i ever heard. My old UE TF 10's can't compare. Sure the TF 10's produced deeper bass response, but the bass here (produced by a bass woofer driver) is not only sufficient, but much more natural and resolving. With my E11 amp, just the slightest boost, and I get that bass bump that so many bassheads love and die by. So it wasn't that hard to get to TF 10 level bass with the flick of a switch. The mids are the star here. Vocals and guitars just come alive with energy, rarely achieved with armature driver technology. The power and HEAVY of Exodus - Shroud Of Ur!ne just shines! The guitars are so forward, crunchy, and clear. The vocals are poweful, immediate, and forceful. This also presents a lushfulness and airyness when playing Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. The highs are present and accounted for. Not sparkly or sibilant, but controlled, articulate and clear. I think I like the highs for this very reason. They are not forward and thus taking away from the recording, but they help envelope the recording, and bring this above average soundstage and imaging to life. This is the weakness of the UE TF 10 (the fellow triple BA monster). The highs are too sparky and sssss and shhhh sounds can cause sibilance in vocals. Not with the XBA-30's. Not a hint of sibilance in any recording I heard. Simply put, these babies handled metal, classic rock, classical, jazz, and r & b effortlessly, and with the right presentation for each. i have never found that possible with any other earphone. UE TF 10 killers these are. Well done, Sony.

The fit is perfect. Despite looking rather bulbous and large, the actual housing is extremely lightweight, and the fit with the stock tips (i think 14 different pair sizes) is fine. Apply Comply olive tips to these, and they sit in Ear Heaven. I couldn't be happier, since a genetic mishaping of my inner ear usually causes fit problems with me.

The chord has a nice chin cinch, so very comfortable and no microphonics issues. I'm taking these to the gym soon, so I'll put them to the test in a work out situation. The carry case is hard, and has a magnet lock. Very nice and elegant looking.

To wrap things up, I think at the end of the day, these are the very best earphone purchase I've ever made. Time will tell if they hold up and keep this elevated standing, but for this da and this moment, I couldn't be happier with these UE TF 10 killers.

 

+

Quote:
 
  • 100x100px-LS-088cbbc0_Sharky.jpeg

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkoJazz View Post

......

Glad to know someone still enjoys them just like I do... I've kept mine despite finding a few upgrades.

 

+

Quote: TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


Glad to know someone still enjoys them just like I do... I've kept mine despite finding a few upgrades.

This guy stole my review of the XBA-30 and posts it as his own without giving me credit for the review. An A$$weasel this guy is. Probably doesn't even own the XBA-30. Problem is that after that review, I couldn't deal with the artificial metallic ting of the treble on the XBA-30's without Comply's, and for my ears the comply's weren't as comfy a tips as I needed for the shape of these IEM's, so i sold them to a fellow head-fi'er. 

 

+

Quote: It's ok, no need to explain we are all guilty of dat "New Toy Syndrome" hype once in a while. WE DON'T JUDGE HERE. : P
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

after spending some time with mine, and someone correct me if im wrong, i think they are bassier than the original xba3. the warmth takes away that airy feel, but the highs are much smoother. reminds me of the xba40 smoothness, only that as times the xba40 felt too warm, like it was trying to the a dynamic when it wasnt.

 

mids are laid back, but only in comparing to the more balanced M200, or the ie800. I have been considering getting the tf10 again for some time now and do some proper comparisons myself.

this guy plagiarized my review of the XBA-30's from amazon. He wouldn't know the difference. As for the difference between the TF 10 AND THE xba-30, I was going off memory when I originally wrote this review, since I had sold my TF10's a bit earlier. Now that I've since repurchased TF10's, I can confidently say that they are superior to the XBA-30 in all ways except for the lack of sibilance in the top end of the XBA-30's v.s. the slight sibilance you can get in the top end of the TF10 on certain tracks, and more forward mids. Aside from that, from separation to imaging to bass quality to clarity to timbre to treble quality, the TF 10's are better. Still, the XBA-30's are a solid performer and have better fit than the TF10, and to certain people, they are a great IEM, and that's cool too. 

post #1047 of 2141

here's some hype for ya

 

CHECK OUT this hot chick! 

 

 

DAT HYPE 

post #1048 of 2141
Quote:
 
 
  • 100x100px-LS-81cc36ee_avatar-120-5.jpg
  • 1 Post. Joined Today at 7:48 pm

I'm sitting here in awe. After over 100 IEM's (earphones), a pair of UE 7 pro customs, and countless big money disappointments, I'm typing this up and just enveloped by beauty in music. These Sony XBA-30's are so smooth and lush. No better mids have i ever heard. My old UE TF 10's can't compare. Sure the TF 10's produced deeper bass response, but the bass here (produced by a bass woofer driver) is not only sufficient, but much more natural and resolving. With my E11 amp, just the slightest boost, and I get that bass bump that so many bassheads love and die by. So it wasn't that hard to get to TF 10 level bass with the flick of a switch. The mids are the star here. Vocals and guitars just come alive with energy, rarely achieved with armature driver technology. The power and HEAVY of Exodus - Shroud Of Ur!ne just shines! The guitars are so forward, crunchy, and clear. The vocals are poweful, immediate, and forceful. This also presents a lushfulness and airyness when playing Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. The highs are present and accounted for. Not sparkly or sibilant, but controlled, articulate and clear. I think I like the highs for this very reason. They are not forward and thus taking away from the recording, but they help envelope the recording, and bring this above average soundstage and imaging to life. This is the weakness of the UE TF 10 (the fellow triple BA monster). The highs are too sparky and sssss and shhhh sounds can cause sibilance in vocals. Not with the XBA-30's. Not a hint of sibilance in any recording I heard. Simply put, these babies handled metal, classic rock, classical, jazz, and r & b effortlessly, and with the right presentation for each. i have never found that possible with any other earphone. UE TF 10 killers these are. Well done, Sony.

The fit is perfect. Despite looking rather bulbous and large, the actual housing is extremely lightweight, and the fit with the stock tips (i think 14 different pair sizes) is fine. Apply Comply olive tips to these, and they sit in Ear Heaven. I couldn't be happier, since a genetic mishaping of my inner ear usually causes fit problems with me.

The chord has a nice chin cinch, so very comfortable and no microphonics issues. I'm taking these to the gym soon, so I'll put them to the test in a work out situation. The carry case is hard, and has a magnet lock. Very nice and elegant looking.

To wrap things up, I think at the end of the day, these are the very best earphone purchase I've ever made. Time will tell if they hold up and keep this elevated standing, but for this da and this moment, I couldn't be happier with these UE TF 10 killers.

 

+

I came to exactly the same conclusion......                                                                                                                                                                                                               ........Until I realised I was actually wearing my HD800s...!

post #1049 of 2141

I am anticipating that there will be some good hype happening for the Bose QC20's (and future renditions):

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/travelers-sanctuary-bose-quiet-comfort-20-noise-canceling-earphone-page-2

 

Nice looking FR as well. If they improve the SQ a bit, they might be killers, especially for noisy environments.

post #1050 of 2141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

here's some hype for ya

 

CHECK OUT this hot chick! 

 

 

DAT HYPE 

^

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dat is strangely arousing!!! :o
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

I came to exactly the same conclusion......                                                                                                                                                                                                               ........Until I realised I was actually wearing my HD800s...!

.... then you really realized you were wearing those AKG K812s this entire tyme. ;)

 

So we gonna get some impressions from you real soon right winkie_twinkie??? : P

 

Talk about dat complete 180 Anti-Hype, sheeeeesh. :triportsad:

 

Complete n' total downgrade!!! :p

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

I am anticipating that there will be some good hype happening for the Bose QC20's (and future renditions):

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/travelers-sanctuary-bose-quiet-comfort-20-noise-canceling-earphone-page-2

 

Nice looking FR as well. If they improve the SQ a bit, they might be killers, especially for noisy environments.

^ ehhh these got A LOT more potential, dat cardboard SWAG!!! :cool:


Edited by sfwalcer - 12/16/13 at 5:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.