Also, while certainly not neutral/reference quality, the Philips Fidelio X1's perform really well with the Schiit combo. Something to keep in mind, should you want some bassy home listening headphones
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Black MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46K,Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Grey MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46G,Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSchiit Moditagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing a DAC for iMac Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:40pm in Dedicated Source Components
- iMac Audio Setup decisions Last post on 3/9/14 at 8:10am in Computer Audio
- Amp and/or DAC Help! Last post on 1/18/13 at 11:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- 300 dollar budget Last post on 12/23/12 at 10:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT AND SWEET! Last post on 6/30/14 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
What's your idea about this pack? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's differences between L1 and X1? The link in the X1 topic is for L1
The DT990 have recessed mids and big bass with bright highs... :) depends on what you like
usually i listen to classic, death metal, doom metal, rock, progressive, country, folk and art rock. which one do you think is better for these genres?
The DT990 but they will benefit with better amp than the Schiit something tube still, I think you should try the MA-900 first, if that satisfy you, there's no need of going that high! Headphones are for our ears, if it makes our ear happy, go for it! Higher end don't always reflex to better result to your ears.
- What's your idea about this pack?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 seconds ago
- › Need some advice on cheap headphones/headsets 13 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 56 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many pairs of shoes do you own? 1 minute ago
- › Help finding a closed back for movies/gaming with velour pads 1 minute ago
- › Best replacement tips for the RE-0 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)