Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sades SA-907 2013 Virtual 7.1 USB headset
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sades SA-907 2013 Virtual 7.1 USB headset

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Just got this in from China the other day. I've been on a chinese headphone value hunt lately, and these have won me over. For ~$65 on ebay and aliexpress, they make an excellent sounding virtual 7.1 headset.

 

They have 50mm drivers, and I was able to set it to 32bit 96khz max in Windows 8, and use Kernel Streaming in Foobar. Bass is punchy, and mids/highs aren't drowned out in the slightest. 32bit was a nice surprise. The new NIN audiophile master sounded just as enjoyable on these as they do my Takstar HD6000, Superlux, and Noontec Hammo.

 

I have a v2012 G927 Somic coming to compare to, but these have been the only quality 50mm driver Xear 7.1 headsets that are cheap that I have found so far. Definitely recommended for gaming and late night PC music listening, without needing to fire up an expensive headphone amp/dac combo.

post #2 of 23

:smile_phones:  Hey, I was actually thinking of getting these for my PC I'm actually using the PX21's right now and the sound with my Sound blaster ZX is pretty nice would there be a noticeable difference with these?. I also have seen the Somic 927's new style did you end up trying those out as well?.

 

Question: How does the 927's compare to the SA-907's?.

post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronosX9x9X View Post
 

:smile_phones:  Hey, I was actually thinking of getting these for my PC I'm actually using the PX21's right now and the sound with my Sound blaster ZX is pretty nice would there be a noticeable difference with these?. I also have seen the Somic 927's new style did you end up trying those out as well?.

 

Question: How does the 927's compare to the SA-907's?.

I have been trying them and the Somics too. Here's what I've found.

 

Every Turtle Beach headset I've ever tried (Latest one I had was the Ear Force Tango, $299 at launch) had mediocre overall sound, but did pretty well with virtual surround.

 

The Somic G927v2012 sounds very good, but lacks in bass compared to the Sades SA-907. Mids come out slightly more on the G927, it just can't dig as deep (40 vs 50mm driver), and I like my bass. I even like listening to music on the Sades through foobar. Virtual surround works pretty well too. You can also use Razer surround with it, and the unit does 32bit 96000hz.

 

I've already had a sound problem with the Sades though. At times it loses amp signal and gets very distorted. Doesn't seem to be a driver issue, as the driver works with the G927 too. Could be a fluke, but get a squaretrade warranty and buy from ebay if you go Sades just in case. I have a replacement on the way.

 

Still, ~$25 vs ~$70 is a big difference. I tried the physical 5.1 G95v2012 too, and I prefer the overall warmer sound of the Sades. The 4 in ear drivers on the G95 are all different sizes and sensitivity, and the vibration unit fakes deep bass with a sub bass rumble, but it doesn't really have much in the 20-40hz range.  I'm about to list this in the for sale forum, so PM me if you're interested.

post #4 of 23

So your using an amp through the Sades?. Do you need one? are they underpowered usb wise so they are not as loud as they could be?.

 

Also the PX21's are definitely not the best, but with some tweaking of the 5.1 channel and surround effect at 24bit 9600khz sound these pull of a nice separation of the soundstage and makes the bass distinguishable and with the bass boost it has a nice bass effect on games like bioshock inf and such, have not really tried them out on music though and I'm using the dolby live decoder built into the card and turned every speaker off except the two speakers and fed the other speakers sources to the stereo two speakers.

 

overall not to bad, I have used my ATH-M50's on my PC but it's not really the best but I have not plugged them into my ZX yet maybe I should.

post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 

No. It's usb, so USB powers it. Plenty of power when it was working correctly. You get the benefit of a built in virtual 7.1 sound card with the Sades and Somics. You would be bypassing your ZX unfortunately.

post #6 of 23

Ohhh boo that noise lol my ZX definitely be much better, thanks for letting me know that I love the sound I get from my ZX even though the console they gave me sux for mics : /

post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 

There are regular line version Somic (929, 930, G9?) and Sades headphones (SA-901-904?) too. I just don't know if they are any good. Should be even cheaper and have similar sound quality.

post #8 of 23

Hi, i'm planning on buying this headset, (907) but it's very important for me to know if i can use them for my Playstation. The Playstation i mainly what i'm gaming on. Is it maybe possible to use them for my Playstation through the monitor? Please reply :)

post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 

Playstation 3 or 4? It will work in stereo mode on a PS4. Not sure if it can work on a PS3.

post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidokun View Post
 

Hi, i'm planning on buying this headset, (907) but it's very important for me to know if i can use them for my Playstation. The Playstation i mainly what i'm gaming on. Is it maybe possible to use them for my Playstation through the monitor? Please reply :)

the SA-907 works only for PC. if you want a Sades gaming headset for multi-platform (eg. PS3/PS4/XBox360/PC), try SA-922. cheaper than SA-907 as well.

I know, coz i actually sell these in Hong Kong :D

post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHAHA View Post
 

the SA-907 works only for PC. if you want a Sades gaming headset for multi-platform (eg. PS3/PS4/XBox360/PC), try SA-922. cheaper than SA-907 as well.

I know, coz i actually sell these in Hong Kong :D

Many USB headsets work in Stereo mode on the PS4, including the 907. You lose virtual surround, but it still functions quite well.

post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Many USB headsets work in Stereo mode on the PS4, including the 907. You lose virtual surround, but it still functions quite well.

That's right, the up side is that SA-907 has pretty nice bass and you can have V7.1 SS when using on PC, I've been playing PS4 "Dynasty Warriors 8" and the sound effect is pretty good. the down side is that you also lose the mic as well on PS4 so it might not be the best option on if you tend to speak with your mates while playing online. Personally i prefer SA-922 on my PS4, the mic works so i can talk to my mates while playing Fifa14 and Battlefield (yes i just love playing LOTS of games!!! :D ) and i use the SA-907 on PC for movies and games. recently upgraded the PC headset to the latest SA-A60 "Spellond", early release on my side, guess it should be available worldwide sometimes soon. You can see them in the Sades website.

922:http://www.sades.cc/contents/40/127.html

A60 "Spellond" is over the front page banner of the website but there's no details anywhere~

post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHAHA View Post
 

That's right, the up side is that SA-907 has pretty nice bass and you can have V7.1 SS when using on PC, I've been playing PS4 "Dynasty Warriors 8" and the sound effect is pretty good. the down side is that you also lose the mic as well on PS4 so it might not be the best option on if you tend to speak with your mates while playing online. Personally i prefer SA-922 on my PS4, the mic works so i can talk to my mates while playing Fifa14 and Battlefield (yes i just love playing LOTS of games!!! :D ) and i use the SA-907 on PC for movies and games. recently upgraded the PC headset to the latest SA-A60 "Spellond", early release on my side, guess it should be available worldwide sometimes soon. You can see them in the Sades website.

922:http://www.sades.cc/contents/40/127.html

A60 "Spellond" is over the front page banner of the website but there's no details anywhere~

Where did you buy it? I'm interested in the new Spellond model. Seems to have been just released.

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Where did you buy it? I'm interested in the new Spellond model. Seems to have been just released.

I'm from HongKong and the shops here already have this model, early release :) checked a couple of online shops and i guess Spellond is currently available in China and HK, not sure when it'll arrive in other countries. If you really like it, want it soon, and of course not againest the forum regulation, maybe i can help, for a friend :)

post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHAHA View Post
 

I'm from HongKong and the shops here already have this model, early release :) checked a couple of online shops and i guess Spellond is currently available in China and HK, not sure when it'll arrive in other countries. If you really like it, want it soon, and of course not againest the forum regulation, maybe i can help, for a friend :)

Awesome.

 

I'm very good buying from Taobao, and it looks like I can purchase them that way for now. I think a new "Spider" model is coming out for consoles too.

 

How does yours connect to the PS4? USB for sound and cable for Mic?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sades SA-907 2013 Virtual 7.1 USB headset