Yes, but who knows when it will come out and at what price. Also you can get a used F807 for the price of a new DX50.
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best combo with V-moda m-100 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you have Iphone 5, I think getting a good DAC/amp is a better idea. You can go with V-moda VAMP VERZA which was tuned with the M-100, so it is one of the best ways to bring the M-100 to its full power.
P.S: Hi Dr. Sheep, good to see you!
Edited by DeeToti - 9/23/13 at 11:48am
Usually, yes. The player wont change the sound signature of it (neither the amp/dac), and it wont matter the genres you listen to.
The amp/Dac you can improve the sound of the headphone. iPhone 5 transmits sound in digital format, but our ears hear in analog format, and in that conversion Sound Quality is lost, what the DAC does is converting the sound to analogic but in a way that the SQ isn't affected
Basically what you need is not an amp, something like an app to change EQ, on iOS there's canopener.
An LOD is probably 80% cheaper than an amp, with FLAC -> ALAC quality audio it'll make the headphones sound a lot better.
The M100s don't need an amp - they need good audio quality. I prefer FLAC, but can do with LAME 320kps mp3.
Edited by Allucid - 9/24/13 at 7:15am
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 34 seconds ago
- › B&W P7 vs DT 770 (or any other similar closed back) 1 minute ago
- › Finding open headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 2 minutes ago
- › The "Burden of proof" vs "A post describing how science works" 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2