Yes, but who knows when it will come out and at what price. Also you can get a used F807 for the price of a new DX50.
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when listening to music... Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable amp for v-moda 100's Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Help - Over Ear headphones Last post on 9/29/14 at 9:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Best combo with V-moda m-100 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you have Iphone 5, I think getting a good DAC/amp is a better idea. You can go with V-moda VAMP VERZA which was tuned with the M-100, so it is one of the best ways to bring the M-100 to its full power.
P.S: Hi Dr. Sheep, good to see you!
Edited by DeeToti - 9/23/13 at 11:48am
Usually, yes. The player wont change the sound signature of it (neither the amp/dac), and it wont matter the genres you listen to.
The amp/Dac you can improve the sound of the headphone. iPhone 5 transmits sound in digital format, but our ears hear in analog format, and in that conversion Sound Quality is lost, what the DAC does is converting the sound to analogic but in a way that the SQ isn't affected
Basically what you need is not an amp, something like an app to change EQ, on iOS there's canopener.
An LOD is probably 80% cheaper than an amp, with FLAC -> ALAC quality audio it'll make the headphones sound a lot better.
The M100s don't need an amp - they need good audio quality. I prefer FLAC, but can do with LAME 320kps mp3.
Edited by Existence - 9/24/13 at 7:15am
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Portable amp and or Player 4 minutes ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 10 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 10 minutes ago
- › FS Firestone Fireye DA portable dac amp 10 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)