Yes, but who knows when it will come out and at what price. Also you can get a used F807 for the price of a new DX50.
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Best combo with V-moda m-100 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you have Iphone 5, I think getting a good DAC/amp is a better idea. You can go with V-moda VAMP VERZA which was tuned with the M-100, so it is one of the best ways to bring the M-100 to its full power.
P.S: Hi Dr. Sheep, good to see you!
Edited by DeeToti - 9/23/13 at 11:48am
Usually, yes. The player wont change the sound signature of it (neither the amp/dac), and it wont matter the genres you listen to.
The amp/Dac you can improve the sound of the headphone. iPhone 5 transmits sound in digital format, but our ears hear in analog format, and in that conversion Sound Quality is lost, what the DAC does is converting the sound to analogic but in a way that the SQ isn't affected
Basically what you need is not an amp, something like an app to change EQ, on iOS there's canopener.
An LOD is probably 80% cheaper than an amp, with FLAC -> ALAC quality audio it'll make the headphones sound a lot better.
The M100s don't need an amp - they need good audio quality. I prefer FLAC, but can do with LAME 320kps mp3.
Edited by Allucid - 9/24/13 at 7:15am
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 44 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Studio Monitor Headphones Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Westonw W30 (Aus) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2