Yes, but who knows when it will come out and at what price. Also you can get a used F807 for the price of a new DX50.
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Best combo with V-moda m-100 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you have Iphone 5, I think getting a good DAC/amp is a better idea. You can go with V-moda VAMP VERZA which was tuned with the M-100, so it is one of the best ways to bring the M-100 to its full power.
P.S: Hi Dr. Sheep, good to see you!
Edited by DeeToti - 9/23/13 at 11:48am
Usually, yes. The player wont change the sound signature of it (neither the amp/dac), and it wont matter the genres you listen to.
The amp/Dac you can improve the sound of the headphone. iPhone 5 transmits sound in digital format, but our ears hear in analog format, and in that conversion Sound Quality is lost, what the DAC does is converting the sound to analogic but in a way that the SQ isn't affected
Basically what you need is not an amp, something like an app to change EQ, on iOS there's canopener.
An LOD is probably 80% cheaper than an amp, with FLAC -> ALAC quality audio it'll make the headphones sound a lot better.
The M100s don't need an amp - they need good audio quality. I prefer FLAC, but can do with LAME 320kps mp3.
Edited by Allucid - 9/24/13 at 7:15am
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 48 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › $130 AMP in Canada for DT990's? 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Destiny 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3