Yes, but who knows when it will come out and at what price. Also you can get a used F807 for the price of a new DX50.
Related Forum Threads
- I can't make up my mind Last post on 1/27/15 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Recommendation: Audio Technica ATH-M50x v.s. V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 1/22/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW ! Stormbolt earphone from apollo audio lab - thread Last post on 1/24/15 at 7:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for crisp deep bass - $200-300 budget Last post on 1/12/15 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best combo with V-moda m-100 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you have Iphone 5, I think getting a good DAC/amp is a better idea. You can go with V-moda VAMP VERZA which was tuned with the M-100, so it is one of the best ways to bring the M-100 to its full power.
P.S: Hi Dr. Sheep, good to see you!
Edited by DeeToti - 9/23/13 at 11:48am
Usually, yes. The player wont change the sound signature of it (neither the amp/dac), and it wont matter the genres you listen to.
The amp/Dac you can improve the sound of the headphone. iPhone 5 transmits sound in digital format, but our ears hear in analog format, and in that conversion Sound Quality is lost, what the DAC does is converting the sound to analogic but in a way that the SQ isn't affected
Basically what you need is not an amp, something like an app to change EQ, on iOS there's canopener.
An LOD is probably 80% cheaper than an amp, with FLAC -> ALAC quality audio it'll make the headphones sound a lot better.
The M100s don't need an amp - they need good audio quality. I prefer FLAC, but can do with LAME 320kps mp3.
Edited by Existence - 9/24/13 at 7:15am
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Heed Canalot with Q-PSU 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle Audio Unveils Two New DAP's at CES 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3