What player will be the best with V-moda m100?
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda m-100 vs Dre Beats Solo HD (For Bass Punch) Last post on 8/17/14 at 4:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help Last post on 8/12/14 at 8:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso DX50 Firmware Suggestions Last post on 8/10/14 at 7:28am in iBasso Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- Sold: V-moda Crossfade M100 WhiteSilver (Australia/Worldwide) FREE SHIPPING Last post on 8/5/14 at 10:36am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Headphone Recommendation : V-Moda M100, Momentum or other Last post on 6/29/14 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here is a overly simplified guide for you based on budget:
< $100: SanDisk Sansa Clips + rockbox
$100: ColorFly C3 8GB
$150-$200: Various Cowon, FiiO X3
$250: iBasso DX50, HiFiMAN HE-601
$300: Sony Z and F series
$400: HiFiMAN HE-602
$700: HiFiMAN HE-801, ColorFly C4, AK100
$800: iBasso DX100
$1200: HiFiMAN HE-901
> $2000: Tera-Player
Edited by Audio17 - 9/23/13 at 9:32am
Trust me, any half way decent DAP will sounds good with the M-100. I have a Sony F807 and a AK120, and they both sounded great with it. I recommend the C3 if you are on a budget, then the DX50, and the F807 (or wait for the F886 or NZ-ZX1). Remember, at a higher price is not necessary sounding better but sounds different, and a lot of times it is a preference thing more than anything else. The Sony Z and F plus some Cowon runs Android so that's great for EQ or player apps to change the sound signatures on the fly too.
For lossless like 24/192 FLAC then yes, but for general use the improvment is marginal. Since you already have a 5, why not look into getting a MFI DAC/AMP for it?
Not necessary but just a different approach. If you want to switch to FLAC then get a DAP, if you want to stick with Apple and use ALAC then get a DAC/AMP. I still recommend the ColorFly C3 if you want to experiment a bit.
The Sony's run Android so it is more usable, but sound wise the DX50 is on par if not better so there is a trade off. But yes, the DX50 generally is better than the C3. It all comes down to the price you want to pay and what functions you want.
Edited by DrSheep - 9/23/13 at 10:06am
Remember the "best" is very subjective here, as I am not you and don't have your ears. You can't go wrong with ANY of the DAPs I listed above for the M-100 as it is a great pair of headphones. What you need to understand is what kind of sound, functions, and price you are looking for to set a baseline. I made a lot of mistakes in the past buying a lot of crap before I know what I want, and this is why I am trying to stear you away from that mentality. But if you REALLY want me to pick for you, then get a Sony F807 if you need Android or the iBasso DX50 if you don't.
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best "value for money" portable headphones Amp/DAC for Bowers &... 44 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X7 release date ? 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommandation for mobile use 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)