What player will be the best with V-moda m100?
Related Forum Threads
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- v moda m100 Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iBasso DX50 + Extras Last post on 9/14/14 at 6:20pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 9/11/14 at 9:58am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here is a overly simplified guide for you based on budget:
< $100: SanDisk Sansa Clips + rockbox
$100: ColorFly C3 8GB
$150-$200: Various Cowon, FiiO X3
$250: iBasso DX50, HiFiMAN HE-601
$300: Sony Z and F series
$400: HiFiMAN HE-602
$700: HiFiMAN HE-801, ColorFly C4, AK100
$800: iBasso DX100
$1200: HiFiMAN HE-901
> $2000: Tera-Player
Edited by Audio17 - 9/23/13 at 9:32am
Trust me, any half way decent DAP will sounds good with the M-100. I have a Sony F807 and a AK120, and they both sounded great with it. I recommend the C3 if you are on a budget, then the DX50, and the F807 (or wait for the F886 or NZ-ZX1). Remember, at a higher price is not necessary sounding better but sounds different, and a lot of times it is a preference thing more than anything else. The Sony Z and F plus some Cowon runs Android so that's great for EQ or player apps to change the sound signatures on the fly too.
For lossless like 24/192 FLAC then yes, but for general use the improvment is marginal. Since you already have a 5, why not look into getting a MFI DAC/AMP for it?
Not necessary but just a different approach. If you want to switch to FLAC then get a DAP, if you want to stick with Apple and use ALAC then get a DAC/AMP. I still recommend the ColorFly C3 if you want to experiment a bit.
The Sony's run Android so it is more usable, but sound wise the DX50 is on par if not better so there is a trade off. But yes, the DX50 generally is better than the C3. It all comes down to the price you want to pay and what functions you want.
Edited by DrSheep - 9/23/13 at 10:06am
Remember the "best" is very subjective here, as I am not you and don't have your ears. You can't go wrong with ANY of the DAPs I listed above for the M-100 as it is a great pair of headphones. What you need to understand is what kind of sound, functions, and price you are looking for to set a baseline. I made a lot of mistakes in the past buying a lot of crap before I know what I want, and this is why I am trying to stear you away from that mentality. But if you REALLY want me to pick for you, then get a Sony F807 if you need Android or the iBasso DX50 if you don't.
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 38 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 43 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 47 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation from a limited 1 minute ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)