What player will be the best with V-moda m100?
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here is a overly simplified guide for you based on budget:
< $100: SanDisk Sansa Clips + rockbox
$100: ColorFly C3 8GB
$150-$200: Various Cowon, FiiO X3
$250: iBasso DX50, HiFiMAN HE-601
$300: Sony Z and F series
$400: HiFiMAN HE-602
$700: HiFiMAN HE-801, ColorFly C4, AK100
$800: iBasso DX100
$1200: HiFiMAN HE-901
> $2000: Tera-Player
Edited by Audio17 - 9/23/13 at 9:32am
Trust me, any half way decent DAP will sounds good with the M-100. I have a Sony F807 and a AK120, and they both sounded great with it. I recommend the C3 if you are on a budget, then the DX50, and the F807 (or wait for the F886 or NZ-ZX1). Remember, at a higher price is not necessary sounding better but sounds different, and a lot of times it is a preference thing more than anything else. The Sony Z and F plus some Cowon runs Android so that's great for EQ or player apps to change the sound signatures on the fly too.
For lossless like 24/192 FLAC then yes, but for general use the improvment is marginal. Since you already have a 5, why not look into getting a MFI DAC/AMP for it?
Not necessary but just a different approach. If you want to switch to FLAC then get a DAP, if you want to stick with Apple and use ALAC then get a DAC/AMP. I still recommend the ColorFly C3 if you want to experiment a bit.
The Sony's run Android so it is more usable, but sound wise the DX50 is on par if not better so there is a trade off. But yes, the DX50 generally is better than the C3. It all comes down to the price you want to pay and what functions you want.
Edited by DrSheep - 9/23/13 at 10:06am
Remember the "best" is very subjective here, as I am not you and don't have your ears. You can't go wrong with ANY of the DAPs I listed above for the M-100 as it is a great pair of headphones. What you need to understand is what kind of sound, functions, and price you are looking for to set a baseline. I made a lot of mistakes in the past buying a lot of crap before I know what I want, and this is why I am trying to stear you away from that mentality. But if you REALLY want me to pick for you, then get a Sony F807 if you need Android or the iBasso DX50 if you don't.
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 33 seconds ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 54 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Having trouble choosing between a few different close-back phones... 2 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3