What player will be the best with V-moda m100?
Related Forum Threads
- I can't make up my mind Last post on 1/27/15 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Recommendation: Audio Technica ATH-M50x v.s. V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Last post on 1/22/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW ! Stormbolt earphone from apollo audio lab - thread Last post on 1/24/15 at 7:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for crisp deep bass - $200-300 budget Last post on 1/12/15 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here is a overly simplified guide for you based on budget:
< $100: SanDisk Sansa Clips + rockbox
$100: ColorFly C3 8GB
$150-$200: Various Cowon, FiiO X3
$250: iBasso DX50, HiFiMAN HE-601
$300: Sony Z and F series
$400: HiFiMAN HE-602
$700: HiFiMAN HE-801, ColorFly C4, AK100
$800: iBasso DX100
$1200: HiFiMAN HE-901
> $2000: Tera-Player
Edited by Audio17 - 9/23/13 at 9:32am
Trust me, any half way decent DAP will sounds good with the M-100. I have a Sony F807 and a AK120, and they both sounded great with it. I recommend the C3 if you are on a budget, then the DX50, and the F807 (or wait for the F886 or NZ-ZX1). Remember, at a higher price is not necessary sounding better but sounds different, and a lot of times it is a preference thing more than anything else. The Sony Z and F plus some Cowon runs Android so that's great for EQ or player apps to change the sound signatures on the fly too.
For lossless like 24/192 FLAC then yes, but for general use the improvment is marginal. Since you already have a 5, why not look into getting a MFI DAC/AMP for it?
Not necessary but just a different approach. If you want to switch to FLAC then get a DAP, if you want to stick with Apple and use ALAC then get a DAC/AMP. I still recommend the ColorFly C3 if you want to experiment a bit.
The Sony's run Android so it is more usable, but sound wise the DX50 is on par if not better so there is a trade off. But yes, the DX50 generally is better than the C3. It all comes down to the price you want to pay and what functions you want.
Edited by DrSheep - 9/23/13 at 10:06am
Remember the "best" is very subjective here, as I am not you and don't have your ears. You can't go wrong with ANY of the DAPs I listed above for the M-100 as it is a great pair of headphones. What you need to understand is what kind of sound, functions, and price you are looking for to set a baseline. I made a lot of mistakes in the past buying a lot of crap before I know what I want, and this is why I am trying to stear you away from that mentality. But if you REALLY want me to pick for you, then get a Sony F807 if you need Android or the iBasso DX50 if you don't.
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 5 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410 14 minutes ago
- › IEM custom/universal recommendation 15 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 17 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in the subgenre of Shoegaze? 18 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3