What player will be the best with V-moda m100?
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on Yesterday at 9:42 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here is a overly simplified guide for you based on budget:
< $100: SanDisk Sansa Clips + rockbox
$100: ColorFly C3 8GB
$150-$200: Various Cowon, FiiO X3
$250: iBasso DX50, HiFiMAN HE-601
$300: Sony Z and F series
$400: HiFiMAN HE-602
$700: HiFiMAN HE-801, ColorFly C4, AK100
$800: iBasso DX100
$1200: HiFiMAN HE-901
> $2000: Tera-Player
Edited by Audio17 - 9/23/13 at 9:32am
Trust me, any half way decent DAP will sounds good with the M-100. I have a Sony F807 and a AK120, and they both sounded great with it. I recommend the C3 if you are on a budget, then the DX50, and the F807 (or wait for the F886 or NZ-ZX1). Remember, at a higher price is not necessary sounding better but sounds different, and a lot of times it is a preference thing more than anything else. The Sony Z and F plus some Cowon runs Android so that's great for EQ or player apps to change the sound signatures on the fly too.
For lossless like 24/192 FLAC then yes, but for general use the improvment is marginal. Since you already have a 5, why not look into getting a MFI DAC/AMP for it?
Not necessary but just a different approach. If you want to switch to FLAC then get a DAP, if you want to stick with Apple and use ALAC then get a DAC/AMP. I still recommend the ColorFly C3 if you want to experiment a bit.
The Sony's run Android so it is more usable, but sound wise the DX50 is on par if not better so there is a trade off. But yes, the DX50 generally is better than the C3. It all comes down to the price you want to pay and what functions you want.
Edited by DrSheep - 9/23/13 at 10:06am
Remember the "best" is very subjective here, as I am not you and don't have your ears. You can't go wrong with ANY of the DAPs I listed above for the M-100 as it is a great pair of headphones. What you need to understand is what kind of sound, functions, and price you are looking for to set a baseline. I made a lot of mistakes in the past buying a lot of crap before I know what I want, and this is why I am trying to stear you away from that mentality. But if you REALLY want me to pick for you, then get a Sony F807 if you need Android or the iBasso DX50 if you don't.
- Best combo with V-moda m-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Tobias Audio Bazaar! (Audiofly, FAD, Hippo, LH Labs, Xiaomi,... 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2