i want one :D
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/19/14 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio x3 vs Fiio x5 or other help please? Last post on 4/15/14 at 9:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Razer copying the looks of ATH-M50? Last post on 4/11/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- can anyone help me to choose between jvc ha-s680 and sony mdr-zx600? Last post on 4/2/14 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/12/14 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
"The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Works a treat for me with both Win XP and Windows 7 with JRiver MediaCenter.
The only thing that took me a while to figure out was that the X3 had to be set into 'DAC mode' in the USB settings before the installer software for the driver would detect the player.
Once that was set it installed and played 24/96 files with no problems.
Initial reaction with my W4r's is that sound quality is on a par with the player in normal mode but that is what I would have expected.
Will continue to play around and will report back.
1. Install the new firmware the usual way (simultaneous pressing of menu and OK buttons while turned off)
2. Wait for the completion message then power back on.
3. Go into system settings and change the USB mode to DAC.
4. Run the driver setup tool.
5. Then connect the X3 at the point where the install tool asks.
6. The player goes into DAC mode and displays the bit rate/depth on the screen
Edited by reespa - 10/24/13 at 7:59am
yes, lots of X3's user are download the firmware, driver, and instrument in China now, they get the news a little early.
If anyone are running Windows 8 or 8.1 remember to turn off Driver signature requirement before installing the USB drivers.
I downloaded the file on my mac and after copying to x3 it didnt see the file,tried it with my old windows and it worked no problem!Now i can take Audirvana everywhere i go!
- "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Difference between a DAC and Integrated DAC/Amp 3 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX 90 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus + EML 2A3 meshed plate & 5U4G 1 minute ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 2 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Lachlan's 'Some Headphones Are More Equal Than Others' Sale!!! 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob