i want one :D
Related Forum Threads
- P3 vs momentum on ears Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what you prefer to pair with fiio x3 Last post on Yesterday at 8:05 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone AMP n00b Looking for Help-First Time Headphone Amp Purchaser Last post on 12/13/13 at 10:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Ath-M50 vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sub ~$300AUD DAP FiiO X3/ iBassoDX50/ iPod Classic? Last post on 12/12/13 at 10:05pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
"The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Works a treat for me with both Win XP and Windows 7 with JRiver MediaCenter.
The only thing that took me a while to figure out was that the X3 had to be set into 'DAC mode' in the USB settings before the installer software for the driver would detect the player.
Once that was set it installed and played 24/96 files with no problems.
Initial reaction with my W4r's is that sound quality is on a par with the player in normal mode but that is what I would have expected.
Will continue to play around and will report back.
1. Install the new firmware the usual way (simultaneous pressing of menu and OK buttons while turned off)
2. Wait for the completion message then power back on.
3. Go into system settings and change the USB mode to DAC.
4. Run the driver setup tool.
5. Then connect the X3 at the point where the install tool asks.
6. The player goes into DAC mode and displays the bit rate/depth on the screen
Edited by reespa - 10/24/13 at 7:59am
yes, lots of X3's user are download the firmware, driver, and instrument in China now, they get the news a little early.
If anyone are running Windows 8 or 8.1 remember to turn off Driver signature requirement before installing the USB drivers.
- "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 51 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Will my Denon AVR-e300 drive a pair of beyerdynamic 880's (250 ohm)? 2 minutes ago
- › 370 DAX transformer heat 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for EDM 4 minutes ago
- › looking for a nice cheap (<100) gift for a friend 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe