Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC

post #1 of 131
Thread Starter 

Hi!,Guys!

I'm a Chinese college student,I only speak a little English.But I will give you a good news with my little English.

 

At 22,Fiio says X3 will with USB DAC,Today I had the opportunity to participate in beta testing on my laptop with windows 8 etp.

Fiio give us a new firmware with DAC mode and a drive.But Mac users do not need to drive.

I spent the whole afternoon with my laptop and X3,also ATH-M50.Now,they work very well.

I have no permissions to upload my Image,but soon after you can do the same with your own X3.

 

Are you expecting that?

post #2 of 131

Yes! I cannot wait for usb dac functionality! I have an e17 but the headphone port is broken :(

post #3 of 131

just thought that maybe i could just use the e17 usb dac and a coaxial line out and into the coaxial input of the x3 bypassing the broken e17 headphone port!

 

edit: no coax output on e17, derp


Edited by warwick - 9/28/13 at 2:00pm
post #4 of 131

is there any way of using the X3 as an amp only connected to other devices ?

post #5 of 131
Thread Starter 

no,just usb adc,I just use x3 with my pc to listen music

post #6 of 131
Thread Starter 

I don't have e17

but you can have a try,by then

post #7 of 131

How is the M50 on X3?

post #8 of 131

How does the X3 as a DAC compare with other dedicated USB DAC's?

post #9 of 131

Woah, hope this is true and not just..

Well, that'd be sooo cool! No need for my e17 then..

post #10 of 131

I was wondering... how is the X3 for car stereo using the AUX input ?? I specifically mean for 42bit/96khz FLAC files playing.

 

I've read that after a CD car stereo player, AUX brings the cleanest signal but the problem often is the external source is not good enough for the speakers.

 

how is the X3 regarding this issue?

post #11 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarilbo View Post
 

I was wondering... how is the X3 for car stereo using the AUX input ?? I specifically mean for 42bit/96khz FLAC files playing.

 

I've read that after a CD car stereo player, AUX brings the cleanest signal but the problem often is the external source is not good enough for the speakers.

 

how is the X3 regarding this issue?

I am a faithful X3 fans... but my experience with line out from X3 to home hifi system tells me that the SQ is not stellar after amplified...

there will some slight distortions...

 

others can chime in....

post #12 of 131

I know some people tweak their car stereo and most where using AK100 as their main source. I suppose you can do the same with X3. But it depends greatly on your system though.

post #13 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

I am a faithful X3 fans... but my experience with line out from X3 to home hifi system tells me that the SQ is not stellar after amplified...

there will some slight distortions...

 

others can chime in....

 

 

some users connect the LO to their audio device and have problem about the distortion, it is because the lo level of X3 is about 1.7v, and the amps just can't handled high level signal input.

 

maybe we should decrease the output level of the LO to 1.5V ( the LO level of iPod is 0.8V and the standard output level of most CD is 2.0V )

 

BTW, some of our customers are helping us test the firmware and the new firmware should  be released on 15th, Oct.

post #14 of 131

^Nice, this is the real deal. Great job!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscarilbo View Post
 

I was wondering... how is the X3 for car stereo using the AUX input ?? I specifically mean for 42bit/96khz FLAC files playing.

 

I've read that after a CD car stereo player, AUX brings the cleanest signal but the problem often is the external source is not good enough for the speakers.

 

how is the X3 regarding this issue?

Anyway, the line-out doesn't seem to measure as well as for example the dx50 does btw..

post #15 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

 

some users connect the LO to their audio device and have problem about the distortion, it is because the lo level of X3 is about 1.7v, and the amps just can't handled high level signal input.

 

maybe we should decrease the output level of the LO to 1.5V ( the LO level of iPod is 0.8V and the standard output level of most CD is 2.0V )

 

BTW, some of our customers are helping us test the firmware and the new firmware should  be released on 15th, Oct.

Thanks for the info, James. Looking forward to the new firmware!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC