or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market - Page 30

post #436 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarr112281 View Post
 

 

What about the ZX1--does it do gapless?


+1, nice question. If we don't get an answer, I will ask it in ZX1 thread.

post #437 of 1453

Flac & Atrac are gapless... not to sure about Wav... mp3, Alac etc. is a no.

 

the above is the same for Z1060/70, F806/7 & F886/7


Edited by OK-Guy - 12/15/13 at 11:22am
post #438 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Flac & Atrac are gapless... not to sure about Wav... mp3, Alac etc. is a no.

 

Um WAV works for gapless on my AK120 :). I'm not sure why is shouldn't either? WAV is the original format from CD.


Edited by lee730 - 12/15/13 at 11:24am
post #439 of 1453
Is gapless playback difficult to implement or something? Whenever a new portable media player comes out, the first thing people ask is "does it have gapless playback???"

Most of the time, the answer is "no" and people are disappoint.
post #440 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

Um WAV works for gapless on my AK120 :). I'm not sure why is shouldn't either? WAV is the original format from CD.

 

if that was a cheeky request to upload a Wav file and find out out you're out of luck... I don't do request on Sunday's.

 

Hope all is good with you Lee... how's the firmware battles going? :evil:

post #441 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

if that was a cheeky request to upload a Wav file and find out out you're out of luck... I don't do request on Sunday's.

 

Hope all is good with you Lee... how's the firmware battles going? :evil:

 

lol I wasn't really requesting anything. Was just a suggestion ;). Firmware battles will never end. I'm good on 1.32 with my AK120-S mod. Sounds the best to my ears. Reverted back 3 times from the newer firmwares.

post #442 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

lol I wasn't really requesting anything. Was just a suggestion ;). Firmware battles will never end. I'm good on 1.32 with my AK120-S mod. Sounds the best to my ears. Reverted back 3 times from the newer firmwares.

 

Lee, turn to the dark-side of mainstream bliss... I put a free Wav download in the ZX1 thread... tempting huh.

post #443 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

Lee, turn to the dark-side of mainstream bliss... I put a free Wav download in the ZX1 thread... tempting huh.

 

I want high end desktop quality sound on the go so I opted for the s mod :). I don't see any other portable touching it for a long time to come.

post #444 of 1453
Thread Starter 
My DX50 review went live on audio360 this morning. Looks like I wasn't the only person who had trouble with his unit. My co authors unit had his volume button go dead on him half way through the evaluation period

http://www.audio360.org/daps_a0013_review_ibasso_dx50.php
post #445 of 1453

I'm still eager for your full review of the AK120.

post #446 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

My DX50 review went live on audio360 this morning. Looks like I wasn't the only person who had trouble with his unit. My co authors unit had his volume button go dead on him half way through the evaluation period

http://www.audio360.org/daps_a0013_review_ibasso_dx50.php

Just read through the review - very, very well done as always.

 

You're familiar with my views on the DX50 - if I had the same issues you had, I'm certain I would have given up on it earlier.

 

Thanks for the excellent read DF!

post #447 of 1453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gignac View Post

Just read through the review - very, very well done as always.

You're familiar with my views on the DX50 - if I had the same issues you had, I'm certain I would have given up on it earlier.

Thanks for the excellent read DF!

You're welcome, an thanks for the kind words.
post #448 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

My DX50 review went live on audio360 this morning. Looks like I wasn't the only person who had trouble with his unit. My co authors unit had his volume button go dead on him half way through the evaluation period

http://www.audio360.org/daps_a0013_review_ibasso_dx50.php

My view is we should be thanking companies like Ibasso who have a desire to make products that make music sound great not mediocre.

The facts speak from themselves - every batch manufactured so far sold out.
post #449 of 1453
Every batch selling out just indicates that audiophilia is filled with masochists. Anyone who complains about a half finished product deserves every bit of it. Stop buying rubbish and they will have to stop selling rubbish.
Pretty sure no manufacturer goes out of its way to make music sound worse.
post #450 of 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

Every batch selling out just indicates that audiophilia is filled with masochists. Anyone who complains about a half finished product deserves every bit of it. Stop buying rubbish and they will have to stop selling rubbish.
Pretty sure no manufacturer goes out of its way to make music sound worse.

 

um...beats...:biggrin: 

 

Pretty sure they were selling out, too. but in a different way...:blink:


Edited by bearFNF - 12/19/13 at 3:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market