Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market - Page 79

post #1171 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Hey guys check this out.....



Original article HERE. Looks like Light Harmonic just took a swipe at the Pono
Yup, they've been working on that since the Geek Out was first launched apparently. I'm personally not a big fan of having an amp suck up phone battery life, but they have the charging feature that makes it a much juicier deal now. I still can not believe they packed all of that into a HeadStage Arrow-like package. That's just insane.

I'll wait until I get my Geek Out first though before I invest in this, or not.
post #1172 of 1302

Rumor: Apple to offer hi-res 24-bit tracks on iTunes in coming months

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/10/rumor-apple-to-offer-hi-res-24-bit-tracks-on-itunes-in-coming-months

post #1173 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

Rumor: Apple to offer hi-res 24-bit tracks on iTunes in coming months

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/10/rumor-apple-to-offer-hi-res-24-bit-tracks-on-itunes-in-coming-months


So 24/192 playback Apple daps are coming?

 

Maybe apart from focusing on iTouch, they can make 360 gb+ capacity classic again for those 24bit tracks since they take huge space compared to lossy aac.

post #1174 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

Rumor: Apple to offer hi-res 24-bit tracks on iTunes in coming months

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/10/rumor-apple-to-offer-hi-res-24-bit-tracks-on-itunes-in-coming-months

 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has been rumored before, too.

post #1175 of 1302
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, this isn't a DAP per say but for anyone whose looking for an alternative piece of gear that's quite transportable (not mobile) look into the uDAC-3. I recently did a video review on my YouTube channel and was quite impressed with it. There are alternatives available for people if they are willing to leave the DAP world.

post #1176 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Hey guys, this isn't a DAP per say but for anyone whose looking for an alternative piece of gear that's quite transportable (not mobile) look into the uDAC-3. I recently did a video review on my YouTube channel and was quite impressed with it. There are alternatives available for people if they are willing to leave the DAP world.

 

... and best of all, no clumsy user interface to put up with! ;) 

post #1177 of 1302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

... and best of all, no clumsy user interface to put up with! ;) 


You got it brother. You get a gold star.

:wink_face:

post #1178 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Hey guys, this isn't a DAP per say but for anyone whose looking for an alternative piece of gear that's quite transportable (not mobile) look into the uDAC-3. I recently did a video review on my YouTube channel and was quite impressed with it. There are alternatives available for people if they are willing to leave the DAP world.

 

What do you use a transport with the uDAC-3?

 

I'm thinking you're probably using a laptop, as I sometimes do - with DACport LX and iBasso PB2.

 

 

 

 

If you're willing to carry a big "travel rig" the laptop is an ideal escape from dorky DAPs.

post #1179 of 1302
Thread Starter 
You got it my friend, laptop. As I said though, it's not really a mobile setup as much as a transportable setup. By the way, gorgeous pics. Is that your house or are those pics of your beach cabin?
post #1180 of 1302

As my first girlfriend once asked me, rhetorically:  "Can't some things remain a mystery?"

 

:p

 

It's in a little community called Navarre Beach, Florida - on a barrier island near Pensacola.

 

  

 

 

Photos from http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/navarrebeach/

 

Mike


Edited by zilch0md - 4/15/14 at 10:47pm
post #1181 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

 

What do you use a transport with the uDAC-3?

 

I'm thinking you're probably using a laptop, as I sometimes do - with DACport LX and iBasso PB2.


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

If you're willing to carry a big "travel rig" the laptop is an ideal escape from dorky DAPs.



I've recently began venturing into portable desktop set ups myself recently. Mostly all in one dac/amps currently.

My original plan was to quit making audio purchases all together, however seems the addiction set it's own course of action.  :rolleyes:

post #1182 of 1302
Thread Starter 

Ok guys, as some of you know I'm part of the X5 tour. Today I received the X5 tour sample and very early impressions are positive. Once I've had my 10 days with it I'll throw my video impressions on here for everyone.

post #1183 of 1302

Excellent!   I've had high hopes for the X5, but last I read, it still doesn't do gap-less playback (not to mention some other unsavory problems that I could probably live with).

post #1184 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

Excellent!   I've had high hopes for the X5, but last I read, it still doesn't do gap-less playback (not to mention some other unsavory problems that I could probably live with).

 

Beta version 1.23 actually FIXED gapless...

Joe also mentioned that the engineers will actually look to move the database file from memory to an SD card so now more than 5600 in the database library will also be supported... It seems it's starting to take shape... (after release of course... sigh...)

post #1185 of 1302

Oh my dog!  Thanks for this update ^.  

 

That just about closes the deal for me. 

 

I can wait a few more days for DigitalFreak to dig up some whatever he can find...

 

Mike


Edited by zilch0md - 4/17/14 at 3:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market