I'm looking for headphones with deep sub bass and clear highs. I don't wan't a smiley eq'd sound just something that projects the deep bass well without sacrificing mids and treble.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Recommended open/close headphones for Vocal trance Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget? I've been using the audio-technica M50 for a couple years now and they have very good extension on both ends of the frequency spectrum. They do have a slight mid-bass boost and a narrow spike in the treble, so depending on what you're listening to the sub-bass and the upper highs could be masked. For example, a rap song might start out with an 808 bass kick, but then a higher-frequency bassline comes in and drowns out the sub-bass from the 808. If you have an EQ this problem is easily fixed, though. Even the iTunes EQ works pretty well, just lower the 125 slider about 3 dB and the 8K by 6. A 20-20K frequency response isn't hard to get out of a headphone, the problem is that so many of them have boosts in the mid-bass and mid-treble that drown out the frequencies below and above those boosts.
M-Audio Q40 is one of the go-to's for lots of bass. Mids and highs are very smooth. Treble is a bit laid back though.
If you want neutral bass that extends very deep, try KEF M500 or AKG K550.
Pro900 to me has the best bass of all and I have a few good basshead phones (see sig). Can be found for $250ish
M-Audio Q40 for $130ish is the next tier down and may have bass to match the Pro900. Needs aftermarket pads but worth it.
- Bassy Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 56 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › SPINFIT TIPS ,checkout if wondering where to get em 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Cliffs of Dover 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New amp recommendation under 300$ Schiit Asgard 2? 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)