I'm looking for headphones with deep sub bass and clear highs. I don't wan't a smiley eq'd sound just something that projects the deep bass well without sacrificing mids and treble.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Recommended open/close headphones for Vocal trance Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget? I've been using the audio-technica M50 for a couple years now and they have very good extension on both ends of the frequency spectrum. They do have a slight mid-bass boost and a narrow spike in the treble, so depending on what you're listening to the sub-bass and the upper highs could be masked. For example, a rap song might start out with an 808 bass kick, but then a higher-frequency bassline comes in and drowns out the sub-bass from the 808. If you have an EQ this problem is easily fixed, though. Even the iTunes EQ works pretty well, just lower the 125 slider about 3 dB and the 8K by 6. A 20-20K frequency response isn't hard to get out of a headphone, the problem is that so many of them have boosts in the mid-bass and mid-treble that drown out the frequencies below and above those boosts.
M-Audio Q40 is one of the go-to's for lots of bass. Mids and highs are very smooth. Treble is a bit laid back though.
If you want neutral bass that extends very deep, try KEF M500 or AKG K550.
Pro900 to me has the best bass of all and I have a few good basshead phones (see sig). Can be found for $250ish
M-Audio Q40 for $130ish is the next tier down and may have bass to match the Pro900. Needs aftermarket pads but worth it.
- Bassy Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 8 seconds ago
- › Portable DAP dilemma, AK-Sony-AR-FiiO? 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 28 seconds ago
- › The Baby Orpheus Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Custom IEMs :D 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3