I'm looking for headphones with deep sub bass and clear highs. I don't wan't a smiley eq'd sound just something that projects the deep bass well without sacrificing mids and treble.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Recommended open/close headphones for Vocal trance Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's your budget? I've been using the audio-technica M50 for a couple years now and they have very good extension on both ends of the frequency spectrum. They do have a slight mid-bass boost and a narrow spike in the treble, so depending on what you're listening to the sub-bass and the upper highs could be masked. For example, a rap song might start out with an 808 bass kick, but then a higher-frequency bassline comes in and drowns out the sub-bass from the 808. If you have an EQ this problem is easily fixed, though. Even the iTunes EQ works pretty well, just lower the 125 slider about 3 dB and the 8K by 6. A 20-20K frequency response isn't hard to get out of a headphone, the problem is that so many of them have boosts in the mid-bass and mid-treble that drown out the frequencies below and above those boosts.
M-Audio Q40 is one of the go-to's for lots of bass. Mids and highs are very smooth. Treble is a bit laid back though.
If you want neutral bass that extends very deep, try KEF M500 or AKG K550.
Pro900 to me has the best bass of all and I have a few good basshead phones (see sig). Can be found for $250ish
M-Audio Q40 for $130ish is the next tier down and may have bass to match the Pro900. Needs aftermarket pads but worth it.
- Bassy Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 10 seconds ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 55 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › FS headphone Brainwavz hm9 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Ray Samuels Audio RSA Intruder *** free shipping to EU, PayPal... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)