Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-7520
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-7520 - Page 3

post #31 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 

Here's the 7520's with other company.....

 

AppleMark

 

Oh, those headphones.... yeah, those other ones are pure crap :p

post #32 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post


Yes.

Thanks good to know!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

Here's the 7520's with other company.....

AppleMark

Beautiful
post #33 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 


I think there is a replacement cable with a screw (probably the Z1000 short cable). I just ordered a cheap Griffin cable from Amazon for $8, does the trick. I guess the Beats replacement cables would also work and they have Iphone controls as well.

I have decided if I get the MDR-7520 a good replacement cable would be Blue Jeans BJC MSA-1 Miniature Stereo Audio Cable. Then you have the advantage of having any custom length at no additional charge and terminate from 1/8 to 1/4 for my needs. It worth looking into and might be cheaper than the Z1000 cable if I can find one. I think it would be lighter and more flexible than the Griffin cable.  Did anyone ever noticed any differences between 3.5mm and 1/8 for audio?

post #34 of 1357

Hi, beautiful picture have you compare the Alpha Dog to the Sony MDR-7520?

post #35 of 1357

Wow cool finally a thread about the 7520. It's been sad how under-appreciated these are. They're very nice for the money. Better than the Z1000 and the 1R IMO. And yes there is more space for your ears on the 7520 than the Z1000. I did mention this in another thread comparing the two. Very nice monitoring sound with close to flat response, great clarity too; for those who like neutralish headphones the 7520 is very nice and masterful creation by Sony.

post #36 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

Wow cool finally a thread about the 7520. It's been sad how under-appreciated these are. They're very nice for the money. Better than the Z1000 and the 1R IMO. And yes there is more space for your ears on the 7520 than the Z1000. I did mention this in another thread comparing the two. Very nice monitoring sound with close to flat response, great clarity too; for those who like neutralish headphones the 7520 is very nice and masterful creation by Sony.


Yeah, so far I'm very impressed by them. And it's a Sony, who would've thought that :smile: Tomorrow I should also receive the brand spanking new Focal Spirit Classic and will compare it to the 7520 in terms of sound quality and comfort and then pick one and keep it. Already decided the Z1000 is going back, as the 7520 sounds noticeably better.

post #37 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by john57 View Post
 

Hi, beautiful picture have you compare the Alpha Dog to the Sony MDR-7520?

 

Need this!! ;-)

post #38 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
 


Yeah, so far I'm very impressed by them. And it's a Sony, who would've thought that :smile:Tomorrow I should also receive the brand spanking new Focal Spirit Classic and will compare it to the 7520 in terms of sound quality and comfort and then pick one and keep it. Already decided the Z1000 is going back, as the 7520 sounds noticeably better.

 

Waiting with baited breath..:smile:

post #39 of 1357

The 7520 surprisingly held its own, especially driven out of my Grace m903.  It is of course somewhat smaller sounding, but is slightly warm, punchy yet neutral, and most important to me....also portable and easy to drive.

post #40 of 1357

Does a FR graph for the 7250 exist?

I simply can't find one in the whole interwebz.

post #41 of 1357

So look what I found: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-audio/cat-headphones/product-LCMDRG/

 

A hard case for the 7500 series of headphones :) Think I'll order it, as I think the 7520 is a keeper for me. I received the Focal Spirit Classic today, but it just sounds very veiled by comparison, and for my head it's extremely uncomfortable (the earcups are designed for baby ears, not adults). The Focal doesn't reach as deep with bass, is missing a lot of detail in the highrange and doesn't nearly have the same soundstage as the 7520. Granted, they're brand new and haven't had any burn in yet, so perhaps the sound will improve a bit. But either way I'm not keeping them, wouldn't be able to listen to them for very long because of the comfort.

post #42 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
 

So look what I found: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-audio/cat-headphones/product-LCMDRG/

 

 

Just a heads up, I bought this hard case but ended up returning it as it was really big and very average quality. It seemed like an afterthought on Sony's part. YMMV.

post #43 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post
 

 

Just a heads up, I bought this hard case but ended up returning it as it was really big and very average quality. It seemed like an afterthought on Sony's part. YMMV.


Ah okay, thanks. Also haven't been able to find it on a European website so far, only from the US and then all the shipping would triple the cost, so I think I'll pass after all.

post #44 of 1357

Anyone here think that the pads of the MDR 7506 would also fit on the 7520? I think with slightly better pads, they would be the perfect headphone (for me) :)

post #45 of 1357

I wanted to buy that hard case for my 7520, but I found it was impossible to order. I had 3 different authorized Sony Pro dealers try to get it for me and they all failed. I called Sony directly and they didn't have any in stock and had no idea what I was talking about. I ended up getting a different hard case off Amazon which works just fine now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-7520