- 1,099 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300-$500 Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/5/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Sony MDR-7520 - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quite interesting that there seem to be different impressions on the sound of the 7520.
I don't hear any sibilance at all. I find the overall sound signature to be quite warm. Dark, even. The high frequency is there, but the tonality is very pleasant.
Some have said the bass is a bit much, but I don't hear this at all either. Most of my use is with my cellphone and computer, and some songs sound quite bass-shy actually.
But when I use my 7520 with the Vali the low frequency does get a lot more prominent. In my opinion, what the 7520 is connected to affects the sound considerably. Just as the 7520 reveals the recording quality of the source files, it probably reveals the sonic tendencies of the equipment used.
Okay, so after some extensive listening and a bit of comparing back and forth, this 'cotton-mod' does add a slight amount of boominess to the bass, which lessens the SQ a bit. So I guess I can confirm what third_eye said. So in spite of the added comfort the cotton-mod provides, I've removed it and will just live with a little bit of pressure on my left ear. Either way, it's not nearly as bad as all the other headphones I've tested so far :) I just don't like what it does to the sound signature.
And the Shure SRH1540 will probably arrive Thursday, so I'll do some testing over the weekend :)
could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)
Post a pic of what exactly?
I can see K550 and HD800 in your profile. If you really found 7520 sibilant comparing to those, something was definitely off with your pair.
"Music Equalizer" lets you save presets. I have saved presets for when I use cans like the MDR-V6 or the Klipsch S4. There are quite a few different EQ apps, so better options may be out there.
- Sony MDR-7520
- › Rupert Neve Designs Announces The RNHP: Precision Headphone Amplifier 4 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio Draug 2 - 5' with 4' extension cable 30 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears/ 64 Audio | ADEL A10/ U10/ A12/ U12 - New Flagship... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...