- 1,099 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300-$500 Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/5/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Worth the money for anyone wanting a cheap pair of headphones. Won't blow anyone away but for $40 you can't do much better. Build quality is lacking and the cables really suck, so these do have...
Sony MDR-7520 - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quite interesting that there seem to be different impressions on the sound of the 7520.
I don't hear any sibilance at all. I find the overall sound signature to be quite warm. Dark, even. The high frequency is there, but the tonality is very pleasant.
Some have said the bass is a bit much, but I don't hear this at all either. Most of my use is with my cellphone and computer, and some songs sound quite bass-shy actually.
But when I use my 7520 with the Vali the low frequency does get a lot more prominent. In my opinion, what the 7520 is connected to affects the sound considerably. Just as the 7520 reveals the recording quality of the source files, it probably reveals the sonic tendencies of the equipment used.
Okay, so after some extensive listening and a bit of comparing back and forth, this 'cotton-mod' does add a slight amount of boominess to the bass, which lessens the SQ a bit. So I guess I can confirm what third_eye said. So in spite of the added comfort the cotton-mod provides, I've removed it and will just live with a little bit of pressure on my left ear. Either way, it's not nearly as bad as all the other headphones I've tested so far :) I just don't like what it does to the sound signature.
And the Shure SRH1540 will probably arrive Thursday, so I'll do some testing over the weekend :)
could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)
Post a pic of what exactly?
I can see K550 and HD800 in your profile. If you really found 7520 sibilant comparing to those, something was definitely off with your pair.
"Music Equalizer" lets you save presets. I have saved presets for when I use cans like the MDR-V6 or the Klipsch S4. There are quite a few different EQ apps, so better options may be out there.
- Sony MDR-7520
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Yenona Adapter-Free DJ Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO GD DSD Playback (for all supported models) 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear