- 1,099 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300-$500 Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/5/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Sony MDR-7520 - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quite interesting that there seem to be different impressions on the sound of the 7520.
I don't hear any sibilance at all. I find the overall sound signature to be quite warm. Dark, even. The high frequency is there, but the tonality is very pleasant.
Some have said the bass is a bit much, but I don't hear this at all either. Most of my use is with my cellphone and computer, and some songs sound quite bass-shy actually.
But when I use my 7520 with the Vali the low frequency does get a lot more prominent. In my opinion, what the 7520 is connected to affects the sound considerably. Just as the 7520 reveals the recording quality of the source files, it probably reveals the sonic tendencies of the equipment used.
Okay, so after some extensive listening and a bit of comparing back and forth, this 'cotton-mod' does add a slight amount of boominess to the bass, which lessens the SQ a bit. So I guess I can confirm what third_eye said. So in spite of the added comfort the cotton-mod provides, I've removed it and will just live with a little bit of pressure on my left ear. Either way, it's not nearly as bad as all the other headphones I've tested so far :) I just don't like what it does to the sound signature.
And the Shure SRH1540 will probably arrive Thursday, so I'll do some testing over the weekend :)
could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)
Post a pic of what exactly?
I can see K550 and HD800 in your profile. If you really found 7520 sibilant comparing to those, something was definitely off with your pair.
"Music Equalizer" lets you save presets. I have saved presets for when I use cans like the MDR-V6 or the Klipsch S4. There are quite a few different EQ apps, so better options may be out there.
- Sony MDR-7520
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...