- 1,099 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300-$500 Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/5/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Sony MDR-7520 - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quite interesting that there seem to be different impressions on the sound of the 7520.
I don't hear any sibilance at all. I find the overall sound signature to be quite warm. Dark, even. The high frequency is there, but the tonality is very pleasant.
Some have said the bass is a bit much, but I don't hear this at all either. Most of my use is with my cellphone and computer, and some songs sound quite bass-shy actually.
But when I use my 7520 with the Vali the low frequency does get a lot more prominent. In my opinion, what the 7520 is connected to affects the sound considerably. Just as the 7520 reveals the recording quality of the source files, it probably reveals the sonic tendencies of the equipment used.
Okay, so after some extensive listening and a bit of comparing back and forth, this 'cotton-mod' does add a slight amount of boominess to the bass, which lessens the SQ a bit. So I guess I can confirm what third_eye said. So in spite of the added comfort the cotton-mod provides, I've removed it and will just live with a little bit of pressure on my left ear. Either way, it's not nearly as bad as all the other headphones I've tested so far :) I just don't like what it does to the sound signature.
And the Shure SRH1540 will probably arrive Thursday, so I'll do some testing over the weekend :)
could you post a pic of it please :) right now I have the p7 and absolutely love them, but a few days ago I tried the 7520... damn now I want them aswell, maybe when I sell my momentum :)
Post a pic of what exactly?
I can see K550 and HD800 in your profile. If you really found 7520 sibilant comparing to those, something was definitely off with your pair.
"Music Equalizer" lets you save presets. I have saved presets for when I use cans like the MDR-V6 or the Klipsch S4. There are quite a few different EQ apps, so better options may be out there.
- Sony MDR-7520
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Looking for thinner options for JHAudio 4pin cable 1 minute ago
- › What headphones are better than DT 1770 pro... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › First "big" headphones for under $2,000? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › How to EQ 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear