or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-7520
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-7520 - Page 74

post #1096 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Shhh dont tell him!
He may wake up!

Hey, what if he takes the red pill? What happens then?

post #1097 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Hey, what if he takes the red pill? What happens then?
Then comes the cycle of....
Brian burn ,,
And
Placibooo

Wait till he then enters the world of...

CABLE SWAPPING..
NOOOoooowwaaahh
post #1098 of 2340

Can someone measure the size of the ear pad cavity (Width x Height x Depth).

post #1099 of 2340
Sorry I can't help you if you haven't taken the red pill into reality...

Not sure if you could handle the truth,
So here it goes..
The INTERIOR dimensions are,
1&3/4in wide
2&3/4in high
1/2in deep.
Remember this is an oval shape and those are maximum appropriate measurements on new pads not compressed on your head(!)
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/3/14 at 9:56am
post #1100 of 2340
Quote: Maxx134 (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Sorry I can't help you if you haven't taken the red pill into reality...

Not sure if you could handle the truth,
So here it goes..
The INTERIOR dimensions are,
1&3/4in wide
2&3/4in high
1/2in deep.
Remember this is an oval shape and those are maximum appropriate measurements on new pads not compressed on your head(!)

 

 

Can you give metric measurements please.

post #1101 of 2340
I just notice the back of my ear goes inside to a wider cavity and the pad opening is just a lip to a greater area inside..
post #1102 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyka View Post

Can someone measure the size of the ear pad cavity (Width x Height x Depth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyka View Post

Can you give metric measurements please.
No prob just Google the inch measurements to metric and Ur done
tongue.gif
Sorry I cannot tell you metric as that would force you to take the red pill..
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/3/14 at 10:09am
post #1103 of 2340

Average male ear will fit inside without problems. Can you use a 3.5mm cable that doesn't screw on?

post #1104 of 2340
Pretty much all of the questions you've asked have been answered in this very thread. Yes, any 3.5mm cable will work as long as the jack isn't too wide. I don't know this because of some mystical knowledge granted to me because I own the headphones, simply by reading (much like the 7510 and 7520 driver question).
post #1105 of 2340
Quote: campj (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campj View Post

Pretty much all of the questions you've asked have been answered in this very thread. Yes, any 3.5mm cable will work as long as the jack isn't too wide. I don't know this because of some mystical knowledge granted to me because I own the headphones, simply by reading (much like the 7510 and 7520 driver question).

 

I've ready through the 75 pages but that doesn't mean that is easy to remember and there is a lot of fluff. I'll write a compilation of useful info and impressions later.

 

When you say that the jack isn't too wide do you mean that the housing of jack must be slim? How thin are we talking about in millimetres. The Spirit Pro jack width had to be less than 6.04mm.

post #1106 of 2340
Yes, as far as I understand people are talking about the jack housing. I have no clue as to the maximum size. I'm in Afghanistan until May and I had the phones sent to my house, so someone else will need to speak up.
post #1107 of 2340
Initial impressions on the focal spirit pro VS the sony7520 and nad50..
The focal spirit pro immense soundstage makes the nad50 a tiny joke.

The clarity rivals the sony7520.
No sibilance (!)

The downside is that they are nowhere as efficient and need volume above middle on my portable just to sound decent.
Low volume loses life.

Last downfall is the immense suction type clamp on your ears feels like huge suction cups sucking your brains out. Heavier as well.
Yes it looks like an over ear, yet due to interior dimensions, it is essentially an ON EAR tongue.gif
So no, overall they are not better than the sonys, especially in the BASS.
They lie in *edit* LAST place with the Sony & NAD in bass..
With the Sony being tops..

The sad part about both the NAD & the Focal,
Is that BOTH overall less lively than the Sony..
Sony clearly beats both NAD & FOCAL,
In every way and LOWER profile(!)

There you have it.
No bull schiit beating around the bush,
, because I told you so!

Edited by Maxx134 - 3/3/14 at 12:05pm
post #1108 of 2340

What are you ranking the bass by?  Quantity?

post #1109 of 2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

What are you ranking the bass by?  Quantity?
Its Overall bass sound as all have good extension but impact and larger size goes to sony..

The bass quantity plays a part and yes it is also less quantity in the others as they are more flat so I guess that was the intent of the NAD and Focal to be flat across the board,

But in doing so they lose the impact and life.(!)

With the Sony you can judge better if your kick drum is too much in a studio setting.
The Sony has the dynamic range impact you need in a percussion mix.
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/3/14 at 12:02pm
post #1110 of 2340
Quote: Maxx134 (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Initial impressions on the focal spirit pro VS the sony7520 and nad50..
The focal spirit pro immense soundstage makes the nad50 a tiny joke.

The clarity rivals the sony7520.
No sibilance (!)

The downside is that they are nowhere as efficient and need volume above middle on my portable just to sound decent.
Low volume loses life.

Last downfall is the immense suction type clamp on your ears feels like huge suction cups sucking your brains out. Heavier as well.
Yes it looks like an over ear, yet due to interior dimensions, it is essentially an ON EAR tongue.gif
So no, overall they are not better than the sonys, especially in the BASS.
They lie in *edit* LAST place with the Sony & NAD in bass..
With the Sony being tops..

The sad part about both the NAD & the Focal,
Is that BOTH overall less lively than the Sony..
Sony clearly beats both NAD & FOCAL,
In every way and LOWER profile(!)

There you have it.
No bull schiit beating around the bush,
, because I told you so!

 

 

Focal Spirit Pro Sensitivity: 102dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz

 

Some portables may struggle but they aren't that hard to drive.

 

 

I agree with you on the pads but pretty much everyone does. So many have been returned because they are uncomfortable and their ears don't fit inside the pads.

 

I haven't heard the 7520 but I can say that Spirit Pro has excellent bass that isn't one note boom but is detailed much like an orthodynamic. The Spirit Pros really do have a great tonality in the low mids and bass. Are you saying the bass on the 7520 is detailed or is just impactful?


Edited by AUserName501 - 3/3/14 at 12:09pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-7520