Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon - Page 43  

post #631 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post
 

The HD800 is very analytical yes... BUT it can be emotional with the right tube amp
 

 

And? What they then believe to have?

The texture of a HD800 is then gone. What do I get? No HD800.

The brother of the HD800, I do not know, with a pleasant sound - because tube.

And? What would that be? Matching?

If they want to construct a set of headphones themselves? Please.

 

 

 

They say it anyway. Analytically. And why is a headphone analytically, which costs so much money?

Have they been asked this question?

I have. Very often.

See it: I have no interest in a hype. why? I have nothing of it. Again, let it surprise you. You will understand what means perfect balance.

The Taboo MKIII would be my amp of choice with the HD800, you do not loose the detailed presentation or giant sound stage (actually you can make it bigger with the lucid modes) BUT you gain a little warmth, just enough to take the edge off the top end... delicious, detailed and faptastic sound!

 

See it: I have no interest in a hype. why? I have nothing of it. Again, let it surprise you. You will understand what means perfect balance.

 

WTF bro!? you aren't even on the hype train, you're the damn conductor!


Edited by kvtaco17 - 10/5/13 at 1:04pm
post #632 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

The Taboo MKIII would be my amp of choice with the HD800, you do not loose the detailed presentation or giant sound stage (actually you can make it bigger with the lucid modes) BUT you gain a little warmth, just enough to take the edge off the top end... delicious, detailed and faptastic sound!

 

See it: I have no interest in a hype. why? I have nothing of it. Again, let it surprise you. You will understand what means perfect balance.

 

WTF bro!? you aren't even on the hype train, you're the damn conductor!

One gets the impression:

If they tell people a good thing today, now comes the knife.

Maybe people want to hear rather bad things, or:

Yes, the K812 is a headphone of a thousand headphones.

very nice and informative.

super

And if one says: Finally a headphone with perfect balance, get 100 knife.

Say, much better than HD800, immediately come 1000 knife.

Maybe this is normal today. people want to hear bad things.

post #633 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

Nomax is Here still watching you Guys!regards

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

I shall join this club as well! 

 

 

U know I rotated this in Photoshop and it still appears all side ways :/ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

I hear ya there! I wish all the manufacturers would. As it stands, they seem to reserve angled drivers for their most expensive headphones despite it being possible to angle drivers on mid- and budget-fi cans without really increasing the cost of production at all. Putting angled pads on something like the HD600 could be a revelation but I doubt Sennheiser would do it because they would have a hard time charging any more that $100 for a simple set of pads. Its high time manufacturers stop pretending that angled drivers are only something they can afford to do in their highest priced models because that's bull.

Again I go to the W1000x, $500 new, and $350 used and it has ANGLED drivers! Audio Technica can do it , why Beyer doesn't I don't know

 

but it does force my hand into getting a T1... so I can't blame them to much, just wish they'd show some love for us Mid Fi junkies 

post #634 of 746

Edited because we all miss Nomax!

post #635 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

Edited because we all miss Nomax!

bwah nice collection u have there. 2 pairs of Grados there do I see?

 

also how do you like the ADX000 compared to the HD 800 

 

I also didn't realize how big they where... I'm starting to maybe think they are a little less ugly 

post #636 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

bwah nice collection u have there. 2 pairs of Grados there do I see?

 

also how do you like the ADX000 compared to the HD 800 

 

I also didn't realize how big they where... I'm starting to maybe think they are a little less ugly 

Those would be my PS500 and my custom SR225i both of which I love dearly! (ps500 is more an all rounder and the sr225i keeps my tasted for the Grado house sound quenched)

 

That's an AD2000x and they are very different from the HD800... the AT's have a wispy airy sound in the treble section on slower recordings that make female vocals and strings sound amazing... the AT's are also much faster and in your face then the HD800 (awesome for metal/prog rock)... they really make the HD800 sound laid back (which it really isn't)


Edited by kvtaco17 - 10/5/13 at 7:07pm
post #637 of 746

Something I learned: If you have no point to argue, it is quiet. This can be seen directly. As soon as something positive is written, is now the gun in his hand.

Difficult.

post #638 of 746
Really hope this headphone is as good as Nomax and you think it is!
Listening to my HD800 right now with a valve amp and the sound is utterly mesmerizing.
Just to thi k there will be something equally as good or even better(apart from STAX or some elusive discontinued phones)makes me excited.
As for the guys with the knives....where is your positive imagination?It might really be THAT good!
post #639 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post
 

One gets the impression:

If they tell people a good thing today, now comes the knife.

Maybe people want to hear rather bad things, or:

Yes, the K812 is a headphone of a thousand headphones.

very nice and informative.

super

And if one says: Finally a headphone with perfect balance, get 100 knife.

Say, much better than HD800, immediately come 1000 knife.

Maybe this is normal today. people want to hear bad things.

 

I understand what you are getting at despite the obvious language barrier.  I'm assuming your using a translator program which is why some stuff you say comes out strange.  Many people here on head-fi tend to take them selves too seriously and are hesitant of any positive information unless it is described in detail and with some type of frame of reference.  These are generally people who have had bad experiences with past products that get hyped and they purchase into only to be disappointed.  I realize it may be difficult to express why you find them better with the language barrier though.

 

*speculation disclaimer*

 

Given some of the hints dropped about throughout the thread I think it's possible it could end up being some type of planar headphone or possibly a modernized K340 with hopefully better efficiency using modern material sciences.

 

On an interesting side note: there is another thread about the K1000 where apparently one of the original engineers was answering questions about the design process of the K1000.  It's a very interesting read, especially when taken in context of this thread.  Makes you wonder if that K1000 engineer Nomax referred to is the same one that was posting in that thread.  Though it could be one of the other 2 of course.  The person from the thread mentions a man named Helmut Ryback as the chief designer of the K1000.  The person from the thread, Heinz, originally worked in AKG's microphone department before transferring to the K1000 project, hence why the exterior design is similar to some of their microphones.  He even mentioned that he would love to help design a modernized K2000 but wasn't willing to risk his own personal money in the risky investment.  Though obviously the K812 bears no physical resemblance to the K1000

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/57805/history-of-the-akg-k1000/15

post #640 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post

 

I understand what you are getting at despite the obvious language barrier.  I'm assuming your using a translator program which is why some stuff you say comes out strange.  Many people here on head-fi tend to take them selves too seriously and are hesitant of any positive information unless it is described in detail and with some type of frame of reference.  These are generally people who have had bad experiences with past products that get hyped and they purchase into only to be disappointed.  I realize it may be difficult to express why you find them better with the language barrier though.

 

*speculation disclaimer*

 

Given some of the hints dropped about throughout the thread I think it's possible it could end up being some type of planar headphone or possibly a modernized K340 with hopefully better efficiency using modern material sciences.

 

On an interesting side note: there is another thread about the K1000 where apparently one of the original engineers was answering questions about the design process of the K1000.  It's a very interesting read, especially when taken in context of this thread.  Makes you wonder if that K1000 engineer Nomax referred to is the same one that was posting in that thread.  Though it could be one of the other 2 of course.  The person from the thread mentions a man named Helmut Ryback as the chief designer of the K1000.  The person from the thread, Heinz, originally worked in AKG's microphone department before transferring to the K1000 project, hence why the exterior design is similar to some of their microphones.  He even mentioned that he would love to help design a modernized K2000 but wasn't willing to risk his own personal money in the risky investment.  Though obviously the K812 bears no physical resemblance to the K1000

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/57805/history-of-the-akg-k1000/15


I bet we can have a successful kickstarter for a modern K1000.

post #641 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdafaasda View Post
 


I bet we can have a successful kickstarter for a modern K1000.

 

Somebody actually brought that up in that thread, but he expressed doubt as far as many people having different sound preferences and tuning them to what we be most preferential for most people.

post #642 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer616 View Post

Really hope this headphone is as good as Nomax and you think it is!
Listening to my HD800 right now with a valve amp and the sound is utterly mesmerizing.
Just to thi k there will be something equally as good or even better(apart from STAX or some elusive discontinued phones)makes me excited.
As for the guys with the knives....where is your positive imagination?It might really be THAT good!

One thing is clear:

Nothing is 100 % perfect. A pair of headphones can never be 100 % perfect.

But that's not it . Otherwise, every word would be too much .

The next thing is :

With headphones HD800 , T1, LCD3 , 009, HE6 - as example - so much quality is present, no headphones will come that destroys everything.

Even though I brought my example, I quote myself : He breakfast and spits them out.

Not put them these words on the gold scale.

what I mean: The K812 is really well balanced. And that means a lot already .

Where is the heart of headphones fans here ? The joy ? Sometimes I wonder , where is the joy?

We all have the same goal , whether in the United States , Asia , Germany, France , Italy

we want a very good set of headphones .

And now builds AKG exactly what we all want. Where is the problem? why there is no joy for this?

I always read things only : doubt , skepticism , hopefully not hype, ...

always negative.

Where are the words of a headphone enthusiast :

WOW , looks good , makes a good impression, meticulously crafted , professional character, and so

Is it so complicated to look forward to something ?

post #643 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelxray View Post
 

Is it so complicated to look forward to something ?

 

I think the response is exactly as it should be given the amount of nonsense marketing pap in this thread.

post #644 of 746
I think the response was exactly as to be expected.
Everybody crying out for photos,measurements,graphs ect.
No positive anticipation possible for some people here.
And then they have the photos,measurements,graphs etc. and they will start all over again....round 2!
I am just going to buy it and then I decide....can't wait!
post #645 of 746
This thread is gold. All for the wrong reasons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon