I'm actually pretty excited about this. Good to hear. I'll be watching this closely.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for quiet listening sessions Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM for a Masochist? Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K812 serious design flaw Last post on 7/15/14 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 600 ohm headphones Last post on 7/15/14 at 1:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No specific word on technical aspects = old-hat technology + the eventual new marketing terms.
It's also quite apparent that the reason why the K812 exists is for AKG to have something expensive to list in their catalog after years of cheaper items. Note that the price difference between a K 701 and the K812 is massive - but note then that the gradual tweaking process on the K 701 (which lead to the K 702, K 712, etc.) had a disproportionate effect on the price of those offshoots. I suggest that it was paving the way for AKG to have something expensive in their lineup, and so I also suggest the price on the K812 is mostly made up of air.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/3/13 at 1:43am
- AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 or AKG K142HD? 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for open headphones to replace my qc15 7 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 headphones in immaculate condition. 11 minutes ago
- › A few questions about the Audioquest DragonFly v1.2 12 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)