Edited by GearMe - 9/30/13 at 3:08pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My biggest fear is that AKG pulls a move like the T1 in that it sounds decent but is ultimately under engineered and overpriced relative to the HD800 and HE-6. I have owned the K701 and K702 65th and really liked certain things about them but IMO their fatal flaw is the low power handling (200mw) and moderate efficiency. If AKG can up the refinement to hd800 levels while having them handle more power, they could have a winner.
I don't mind the leather if its real and comfortable. I love the smell of the leather on the lcd-2. And the looks kind of have a retro/modern vibe going on, like the newest generation of muscle cars.
I think the problem will be AKG's definition of refinement, i.e. boosted treble and the eventual boosted bass. The K 7xx series progressed along this very path while the K 601 tried for a more neutral sound, which leaves me wondering what sort of niche the K812 can serve to make it worth the money. Seems to me it'll just be another a bright phone with boosted bass.
Nomax and his play aside, as for leathered pads mentioned in this thread - IF K812 will have the same diameter and mount as K550, then you can easily switch stock pads with Superlux HD681 EVO pads, both leathered and velour ones. Problem solved (in theory), the side effect will be in sound signature, as for example K550 are very sensitive for non-stock pads making them brighter and more technical.
Still - IF, that's why I'm waiting for more informations about this model.
Exactly and that is how people should do it. But in some cases (and if you are audio purist) you can't and don't want to do that. To me for example SL pads AND Custom One Pro foam pads + few other materials did the job perfectly, so I don't have to use EQ in any way. And I can reverse everything back to stock any time.
The same thing will be probably with K812, so having stock leathered pads doesn't automatically mean that people won't be able to do anything about it. Time will tell.
- AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 30 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 5 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › Help choosing headphones 7 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear