Edited by GearMe - 9/30/13 at 3:08pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My biggest fear is that AKG pulls a move like the T1 in that it sounds decent but is ultimately under engineered and overpriced relative to the HD800 and HE-6. I have owned the K701 and K702 65th and really liked certain things about them but IMO their fatal flaw is the low power handling (200mw) and moderate efficiency. If AKG can up the refinement to hd800 levels while having them handle more power, they could have a winner.
I don't mind the leather if its real and comfortable. I love the smell of the leather on the lcd-2. And the looks kind of have a retro/modern vibe going on, like the newest generation of muscle cars.
I think the problem will be AKG's definition of refinement, i.e. boosted treble and the eventual boosted bass. The K 7xx series progressed along this very path while the K 601 tried for a more neutral sound, which leaves me wondering what sort of niche the K812 can serve to make it worth the money. Seems to me it'll just be another a bright phone with boosted bass.
Nomax and his play aside, as for leathered pads mentioned in this thread - IF K812 will have the same diameter and mount as K550, then you can easily switch stock pads with Superlux HD681 EVO pads, both leathered and velour ones. Problem solved (in theory), the side effect will be in sound signature, as for example K550 are very sensitive for non-stock pads making them brighter and more technical.
Still - IF, that's why I'm waiting for more informations about this model.
Exactly and that is how people should do it. But in some cases (and if you are audio purist) you can't and don't want to do that. To me for example SL pads AND Custom One Pro foam pads + few other materials did the job perfectly, so I don't have to use EQ in any way. And I can reverse everything back to stock any time.
The same thing will be probably with K812, so having stock leathered pads doesn't automatically mean that people won't be able to do anything about it. Time will tell.
- AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › IC: hd800 MINT, no cable (possible draug 2c) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear