now what about the tech details - design goals, parts etc ?? i'm sure a lot of guys are just stalking this thread waiting to jump in!
- 153 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: wherever
- Select All Posts By This User
Our goal was developing a non compromise headphones amplifier with:
- powered by built-in high-grade Nanophosphate® (Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries
- automatic charging (usable during recharge and floating charge)
- no negative feedback from the output (NON-NFB)
- pure class-A discrete power stage (with selected 32pcs MOSFET's)
- balanced input and headphones output
- full-featured balanced active preamplifier (XLR and RCA in- & outputs)
- precision relay controlled attenuator
- IR controlled input selector and volume control and OLED dislplay
We spent more than two years for development and the result is a new HP amp which has enough power for driving well the "hungry" AKG K1000...
Measured results/specs and independent reviews will come soon.
If you have any specific question just ask me :)
cool .... reeks of "very high end"....can't wait for the measurement details but already anticipate it to work with the LCDs and HE's, Hd800 and T1 etc...
but since you asked :) tell us more about your sound signature - I know every fine audio equipment purveyor claims "neutrality", when actually there is somewhat a "house sound signature"....or what would you think amp would specifically excel in?
These are the specs (measured):
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 100 kHz (HP & Preamp too)
Linearity +0.0/-0.1 dB (HP & Preamp too)
Signal to Noise ratio: more than 120 dBA (HP & Preamp too)
THD @ 30 mW / 50 Ohm = lower than 0.008% (HP balanced in+outputs)
THD @ 30 mW / 50 Ohm = lower than 0.018% (HP unbalanced in+outputs)
This 30 mW is more than enough with Audeze LCD-3 for the most of the people :)
Measured by Lavry AD11 / Source: Human Audio Tabla USB/SPDIF + Muto-X DAC R=600 ohm @ 50 mW 5.4 Vrms THD = 0.002% (balanced) THD = 0.009% (unbalanced) R=120 Ohm @ 50 mW 2.4 Vrms THD = 0.006% (balanced)
My personal sound/music signature doesn't matters at all. In our development team we're quite different persons with very different sound/music preferences.
BTW the all Human Audio products have an balanced warm and musical sound signature.