I have the HE-400 and can drive it just fine from a LD MK3. I haven't heard any other orthos, but I find that the bass, speed, imaging, and resolution (these are what make up the "ortho magic" in general, from what I've read here) are top-notch.
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for new headphones around $500 with good sub bass extension Last post on 4/5/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Afraid to make the plunge on the HE 400. Can anyone address my two fears? Last post on 4/5/13 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
Budget Orthodynamic Headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Another vote for modded T50rp I just got some as my first orthos and I'm very happy, the sound signature is noticebly different from all my dynamic headphones also they are extremely comfortable with upgraded pads. You can get Mad Dogs or if they are too expensive ZMF or another modders version
- Budget Orthodynamic Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 2 minutes ago
- › Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 - Wireless Bluetooth In-Ears, great for... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › schiit Asgard 1 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Black/Red 4 minutes ago
- › Discussion On Genres 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3