I have the HE-400 and can drive it just fine from a LD MK3. I haven't heard any other orthos, but I find that the bass, speed, imaging, and resolution (these are what make up the "ortho magic" in general, from what I've read here) are top-notch.
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for new headphones around $500 with good sub bass extension Last post on 4/5/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Afraid to make the plunge on the HE 400. Can anyone address my two fears? Last post on 4/5/13 at 6:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Budget Orthodynamic Headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Another vote for modded T50rp I just got some as my first orthos and I'm very happy, the sound signature is noticebly different from all my dynamic headphones also they are extremely comfortable with upgraded pads. You can get Mad Dogs or if they are too expensive ZMF or another modders version
- Budget Orthodynamic Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)