or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) - Page 47

post #691 of 707
Has anyone tried ve6 x2 with ambiance add on? Is it worth to get?
Will there be any differences in sound with and without it made? Thanks.
post #692 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcqdv View Post

Has anyone tried ve6 x2 with ambiance add on? Is it worth to get?
Will there be any differences in sound with and without it made? Thanks.


From a technical aspect you lose a bit of isolation(it is a vent after all), but I presume the soundstage( 3D Imaging) will increase in Quantity/ Quality a bit...


Edited by maxjstern - 11/14/15 at 9:42am
post #693 of 707

How about the quality of the earphone between Vision Ears and Rhines?

post #694 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVEBL View Post
 

How about the quality of the earphone between Vision Ears and Rhines?


Both are super cool, their craftsmanship are at top level.

 

Handcrafted in Germany gotta stand for something right?

post #695 of 707

just sharing another pair of VE5

 

post #696 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVEBL View Post
 

How about the quality of the earphone between Vision Ears and Rhines?


As a owner of a Stage5 and a german (from cologne as the guys from VE and Rhines too) i can say that the quality of their CIEM is nothing but perfect. I visited them a few times to hear their newest models and they are very helpful and competent.

post #697 of 707

Any news on new vision ears products?
It has been a while since their flagship was released (VE6XC)

post #698 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
 

Any news on new vision ears products?
It has been a while since their flagship was released (VE6XC)

 

I asked them a few weeks ago and there was nothing new to report for the moment. But we all know they're all working on stuff all the time

post #699 of 707

Thank you!

Hmmm regarding Vision Ears, do they have policies in place for past/existing customers to upgrade their past purchases to the new flagships?
I am asking in case I make a purchase now and a new flagship comes up in the next couple of months.

post #700 of 707
Yes, you can upgrade your CIEMs. I asked that question too, when I ordered mine about a year ago. They told me, you would have to pay the difference between the model you are coming from and the one you are upgrading to, plus about 150-200€ for work time / new material etc.
post #701 of 707

Wow!
That's amazing customer service and assurance of continuity of customer support.

Thank you very much!

post #702 of 707
I think their newest iem is the VE5, not the ve6!
post #703 of 707
Yeah but the ve6 retains its position as their flagship, no?
post #704 of 707
I think it's more a matter of different signatures. The ve5 is a great iem, that perhaps has been unfairly pigeon-holed a bit as a midcentric-only type. I don't think one is meant to be a flagship over the other, but I could be wrong...
post #705 of 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelt2359 View Post

I think it's more a matter of different signatures. The ve5 is a great iem, that perhaps has been unfairly pigeon-holed a bit as a midcentric-only type. I don't think one is meant to be a flagship over the other, but I could be wrong...

 

That's how Vision Ears described it to me. It's not that the VE6 is better than the VE5, but the latter is really aimed at vocal lovers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)