Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) - Page 27

post #391 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I think add 500USD for the upgrade

What do you get for the upgrade ? 

post #392 of 527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post
 

What do you get for the upgrade ? 


I was just answering to Lee on the Fitear 335 so this is getting OT. Please check the Fitear thread or PM me.

post #393 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

At 1899 Euros , is it the most expensive customs in the market ? Would be interested to see how both the Rhines Custom Stage 5 and VE6 compares .

Look forward to this comparesion too
post #394 of 527

Interesting to know:

 

Rhines is willing to accept Vision Ear's stage series for upgrading. I guess the other way round also works!

post #395 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by superachromat View Post
 

Interesting to know:

 

Rhines is willing to accept Vision Ear's stage series for upgrading. I guess the other way round also works!

really? wow..good to hear!

post #396 of 527

I just received my JH Roxane, so I will wait a little for those ned $1800 Customs :-)    but the idea of switch is good...IF WELL IMPLEMENTED

post #397 of 527

I listened to VE6 and Stage5 last weekend at prolight & sound for a few minutes. I think both are great IEMs and technically better than my Stage 3 (but less superior than i suspected, stage3 is still not bad).

 

Stage5 has a sound signature similar to Stage4 but with better sound stage and better treble. Both are bass emphasised iems which is great for some music but if there is already much bass on the recording it may be too much for my preference as it affects the vocals sometimes. 

 

My first impression of VE6 was, that it is pretty neutral in the x2 version and in x1 version the upper bass/lower mids and highs get a little bit emphasised. About VE6 I liked the x2 Version better and I consider it as better for audiophile listening but that's also my personal taste of course. VE6 sounds very clear and precise and has better soundstage than stage 3.

 

I'm curious on your impression with the new german flagship CIEMs :)

post #398 of 527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maibuN View Post

I listened to VE6 and Stage5 last weekend at prolight & sound for a few minutes. I think both are great IEMs and technically better than my Stage 3 (but less superior than i suspected, stage3 is still not bad).

Stage5 has a sound signature similar to Stage4 but with better sound stage and better treble. Both are bass emphasised iems which is great for some music but if there is already much bass on the recording it may be too much for my preference as it affects the vocals sometimes. 

My first impression of VE6 was, that it is pretty neutral in the x2 version and in x1 version the upper bass/lower mids and highs get a little bit emphasised. About VE6 I liked the x2 Version better and I consider it as better for audiophile listening but that's also my personal taste of course. VE6 sounds very clear and precise and has better soundstage than stage 3.

I'm curious on your impression with the new german flagship CIEMs smily_headphones1.gif
Wow sounds great on both sides. I do prefer the VE side from what you say as they have upgraded both Stage 3 and 4 apparently with X2 and X1.
post #399 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Wow sounds great on both sides. I do prefer the VE side from what you say as they have upgraded both Stage 3 and 4 apparently with X2 and X1.


Willing to pay 1900 euros?

post #400 of 527

VE6 x1 is not like a stage4-upgrade in my opinion. If you like Stage 4 I think you would love Stage 5. 

post #401 of 527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


Willing to pay 1900 euros?
No. But choosing of the two would be less.
post #402 of 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


No. But choosing of the two would be less.


That is also in my mind to be honest but still I will have to wait and get a job first otherwise it is just a dream. I also need time to get my right ear fit (SE5way) fixed as soon as possible, it is dramatically lowering my pleasure when I listen to music. When I get a proper seal again, I will see if I actually need another ciem or just play around with other type of audio gears.

post #403 of 527

I tried both the Rhines Stage 5 as well as the Vision Ears VE6 at Prolight and Sound in Frankfurt. I was actually looking for an upgrade from my Compact Stage 3. I really do like them, but I miss some low end but more I need a better clarity and stereo picture. I use my IEM for monitor mixing for bands as well as classical orchestras and I missed some details on higher notes and fx like reverbs, so I had the focus on that. The Rhines Stage 5 was too "fresh", the high frequencies were just a bit too present and the whole picture was not neutral, it sounded a bit too much of high end and low end, imho it covered too much of the information you need. The VE6 convinced me absolutely, the stereo image was amazing! It sounded just right and I found all the missing details. I tried the X1, but for my IEM molds I will stick with the X2, when I use custom IEM, I always have mor bass compared to the rubber tips - I just NEVER get them in right...


Edited by Steffn - 3/19/14 at 2:25pm
post #404 of 527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffn View Post

I tried both the Rhines Stage 5 as well as the Vision Ears VE6 at Prolight and Sound in Frankfurt. I was actually looking for an upgrade from my Compact Stage 3. I really do like them, but I miss some low end but more I need a better clarity and stereo picture. I use my IEM for monitor mixing for bands as well as classical orchestras and I missed some details on higher notes and fx like reverbs, so I had the focus on that. The Rhines Stage 5 was too "fresh", the high frequencies were just a bit too present and the whole picture was not neutral, it sounded a bit too much of high end and low end, imho it covered too much of the information you need. The VE6 convinced me absolutely, the stereo image was amazing! It sounded just right and I found all the missing details. I tried the X1, but for my IEM molds I will stick with the X2, when I use custom IEM, I always have mor bass compared to the rubber tips - I just NEVER get them in right...
Thanks for the feedback, could you tell us more about X1 vs X2?
post #405 of 527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


That is also in my mind to be honest but still I will have to wait and get a job first otherwise it is just a dream. I also need time to get my right ear fit (SE5way) fixed as soon as possible, it is dramatically lowering my pleasure when I listen to music. When I get a proper seal again, I will see if I actually need another ciem or just play around with other type of audio gears.
Now that my NT6 are back and the fit is right, I send my SE5 to Grzegorz, he just got them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)