- 13 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any 2012 Headphones? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable full-size cans for iPod Classic Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- why are all headphones considered bang for your buck and comapred to headphones more expensive?... Last post on 10/22/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure upgrade / replacement cable (SHR440, SHR840 etc etc) Last post on 3/6/14 at 5:35am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Choice between Sony ZX700, Shure SRH 440, and Sennheiser HD 440post #1 of 69/17/13 at 8:38pmThread StarterI'm listening to almost exclusively rock and metal, and I need something with good isolation (lots of listening around others/while out and about). What's my best option with regards to sound quality, durability, comfort, and isolation?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/17/13 at 10:44pmpost #3 of 69/18/13 at 6:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 69/18/13 at 10:06amYou can consider Shure srh 440, Creative aurvana live! and Sony V6. You can read a lot about them here at head fi. All of them are highly recomended at its price point. If you decide to get a pair of V6, be sure of buying them to a good seller because there are some fakes out there. You can also read about this issue here at head fi.
Best luck!post #5 of 69/18/13 at 12:08pmThread Starter
The ZX700 fits my needs better than the V6, I was considering the 440s, and the Live! only works if it's a solidly neutral response. Assuming it is, what's my best option of those four (Sennheiser 448, Shure 440, Sony ZX700, CA Live!)?
I've done some more looking and eliminated the Live! and the Sennheisers. Between the 440 and the ZX700, does anyone have thoughts/opinions?
Edited by Lastshadow94 - 9/18/13 at 12:54pmpost #6 of 69/18/13 at 11:41pmEven being on ear the Cal has the best comfort out of what you have listed. The most neutral would be the 440, but the detail revival is fantastic. Really good at the price level. The HD448 is neutral ish, not quite as Flat as the 440, a bigger soundstage, better comfort, But just a tad behind the 440 in details. still quite good tho. Haven't heard the Sony, My pick, The Cal....it is slightly V-shaped and RAWKS with Rock and Metal. I seen your music taste in the other thread, basically my playlist...the 440 coming in a close second,
Both sets are dead on with each other. The only thing keeping the 440 from being first is it can be hot on the top end with some music and the comfort is slightly worse. BUT you can buy 840 pads and they fit the 440...Much better!! If you need full over ear and neutral 440!!!
- Choice between Sony ZX700, Shure SRH 440, and Sennheiser HD 440
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › What spec of an amp tells you how well they will power a certain ohm? 7 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 7 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude