- 13 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any 2012 Headphones? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best portable full-size cans for iPod Classic Last post on 8/21/11 at 8:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- why are all headphones considered bang for your buck and comapred to headphones more expensive?... Last post on 10/22/11 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Choice between Sony ZX700, Shure SRH 440, and Sennheiser HD 440post #1 of 69/17/13 at 8:38pmThread StarterI'm listening to almost exclusively rock and metal, and I need something with good isolation (lots of listening around others/while out and about). What's my best option with regards to sound quality, durability, comfort, and isolation?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/17/13 at 10:44pmpost #3 of 69/18/13 at 6:17amThread Starterpost #4 of 69/18/13 at 10:06amYou can consider Shure srh 440, Creative aurvana live! and Sony V6. You can read a lot about them here at head fi. All of them are highly recomended at its price point. If you decide to get a pair of V6, be sure of buying them to a good seller because there are some fakes out there. You can also read about this issue here at head fi.
Best luck!post #5 of 69/18/13 at 12:08pmThread Starter
The ZX700 fits my needs better than the V6, I was considering the 440s, and the Live! only works if it's a solidly neutral response. Assuming it is, what's my best option of those four (Sennheiser 448, Shure 440, Sony ZX700, CA Live!)?
I've done some more looking and eliminated the Live! and the Sennheisers. Between the 440 and the ZX700, does anyone have thoughts/opinions?
Edited by Lastshadow94 - 9/18/13 at 12:54pmpost #6 of 69/18/13 at 11:41pmEven being on ear the Cal has the best comfort out of what you have listed. The most neutral would be the 440, but the detail revival is fantastic. Really good at the price level. The HD448 is neutral ish, not quite as Flat as the 440, a bigger soundstage, better comfort, But just a tad behind the 440 in details. still quite good tho. Haven't heard the Sony, My pick, The Cal....it is slightly V-shaped and RAWKS with Rock and Metal. I seen your music taste in the other thread, basically my playlist...the 440 coming in a close second,
Both sets are dead on with each other. The only thing keeping the 440 from being first is it can be hot on the top end with some music and the comfort is slightly worse. BUT you can buy 840 pads and they fit the 440...Much better!! If you need full over ear and neutral 440!!!
- Choice between Sony ZX700, Shure SRH 440, and Sennheiser HD 440
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Dogecoin is going to the moon 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing between Denon d2000 and Mad Dogs. 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe