Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Wired Headset or Earbuds/Mic for Smartphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wired Headset or Earbuds/Mic for Smartphone

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hey all,

 

I'm looking for a quality pair of either earbuds with mic or other headset that provides the best quality audio and mic that I can get for this form factor. I'm really not a fan of IEMs because I don't like to completely block out all the sound around me. I know this limits my options a lot, but I hope there are still some good choices out there for me.

 

I also know that some earbuds are uncomfortable, so anything that would be good for long term wear is also great.


Thanks!

post #2 of 9

What's your budget? And do you like Over-the-ear headphones (which cover your ears and do not sit on your ears) or on-the-ear headphones (which do sit on your ears.) Also, do you mind if your headphones leak a lot of sound?

 

Also, what type of music do you listen?

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

What's your budget? And do you like Over-the-ear headphones (which cover your ears and do not sit on your ears) or on-the-ear headphones (which do sit on your ears.) Also, do you mind if your headphones leak a lot of sound?

 

Also, what type of music do you listen?

 

Well, I didn't even assume there was much available with a built in mic, so I didn't even consider a budget. I guess something not too high then, maxing out at around $100.  I really like the idea of bang-for-the-buck. I don't mind sound leaking, as long as it still sounds good or provides a better sound stage. I have a pair of KSC75's that I like for some portable listening use, for example.

post #4 of 9

This is what I use these days.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B001DERZK0/ref=sr_1_16?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1379466758&sr=1-16

 

By the way, if you have Samsung Galaxy S4 as your smartphone, due to low impedance, UE will sound distort above certain volume (yay crappy Samsung QA hits me again)

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

This is what I use these days.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B001DERZK0/ref=sr_1_16?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1379466758&sr=1-16

 

By the way, if you have Samsung Galaxy S4 as your smartphone, due to low impedance, UE will sound distort above certain volume (yay crappy Samsung QA hits me again)

 

I'm sure those are great, but that's more of the IEM style that I'm trying to avoid. :(

post #6 of 9

You have the same upper limit than I do but a co-worker has the Jabra Revo bluetooth. You cannot ask for anything else... They have outstanding sound and nice design, they are very comfortable and even though they are on-ear they isolate noise quite a lot!!!

 

It seems there is a wired version too but for aprox $20 difference you can get the bluetooth version (if paying around $200 is not a problem...) BTW, bluetooth version can also be used wired and it has an app for android which enables surround sound...

 

The headband's exterior is rubber where your head makes contact but is very soft padded inside and seems to be waterproof. It folds for transportation. I would recommend researching this one if you want to go for that price range.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-REVO-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00BFO14W8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379466993&sr=1-1&keywords=jabra+revo

post #7 of 9

This friend also has the PX200 first version and the sound is good. Perhaps this one may be good option for you

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Lightweight-Supra-Aural-Headphones-Control/dp/B003WV7890/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379470744&sr=8-2&keywords=px+200

 

 

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton View Post
 

 

I'm sure those are great, but that's more of the IEM style that I'm trying to avoid. :(

 

That's unfortunate, because I can't think of any decent headphones/earbuds with mic that sound at least as good as KSC75.

You may want to look into Sony's offerings.

post #9 of 9

What about the Sony MH1c?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Wired Headset or Earbuds/Mic for Smartphone