- 47 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Ontario, California
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Where do I go from here? Last post on 3/30/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best can for up to $300 ? Last post on 3/30/13 at 3:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Mid-Fi Headphone battle - Page 3
Poll Results: Your favourite closed headphones:
11% (5)KEF M500
2% (1)V-Moda M100
9% (4)Audio Technica ATH 900X
6% (3)Sennheiser Momentum
2% (1)Sony Mdr r1
9% (4)Nad Viso HP50 (?)
4% (2)PSB M4U1
4% (2)Yamaha Pro500
50% (22)MrSpeakers Mad Dog
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First off. I'd change the quality of my source. It's not hard to get lossless versions of your MP3's. If the song is less than 320kbs I wouldn't touch it.
Second I most def would invest in a DAC/AMP (FiiO-E17). Man this thing just transforms the sound into something magical. It gives density to your music. Play with the EQs.
Lastly while I did love the HE-400 they are not portable. I don't know if this is important to you. You will definitely hear the music on the outside. Open headphones leak..period. The benefit of an open headphone is it's got a bigger soundstage. Now I didn't really understand the concept of soundstage when I got into headphones but shopping around I quickly realized that this is one of the most important things to look for in a pair of cans. generally, Open cans = big soundstage, closed cans = small to medium soundstage. How I can describe soundstage is basically listening to a pair of cans with a small soundstage like the Senn HD-25 (which I owned of a while and really liked) is like listening to an orchestra in a small room. The instruments feel like they are kind of on top of each other. Listening to the same songs on say an HD-600, It sounds like you are in a proper auditorium. Now some will say with certain genre this doesn't matter but i think it makes all music sound better when the soundstage is nice and big.
If you have an apple store near you see how many on this list are available there. They have a 14 day return policy that is amazing. When I was can shopping I took advantage of this. If they have the momentums I say spend some time with those. Those are my current headphones. I find they are a bit hard to drive. Putting them on the FiiO really makes them sound incredible. They are a great all around headphone. Enough bass to satisfy with sophisticated mids and highs.
The forum has been a buzz with these Keff M500. They look sleek as hell. I'm getting them on Tuesday to try out. People seem to like them over the Momentums.
Hope this helps.
Open headphones arent really an option in my settings, i use a xonar phoebus soundcard which i expect would do somewhat better than a fiio,
for portable use i have the UE 600 vi.
I use itunes files which i think are 320 kbps AAC's :)
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity V90-DAC - New 32-bit DAC with USB, optical and coax 3 minutes ago
- › Dac Magic Plus or Gungnir? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE: Yamaha HPH200 - Sydney 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 9 minutes ago
- › ADVICE NEEDED FOR ALL ROUNDER HEADPHONES! NAD Viso HP50 vs Senn... 9 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)