- 48 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Ontario, California
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Where do I go from here? Last post on 3/30/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best can for up to $300 ? Last post on 3/30/13 at 3:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Mid-Fi Headphone battle - Page 3
Poll Results: Your favourite closed headphones:
44 Total Votespost #31 of 359/18/13 at 8:21amIf you look into the semi closed arena you can get the beyerdynamic dt880 32ohm and you wouldn't need an amp. Also the sennheiser hd650 doesn't leak a *ton* compared to some others.
11% (5)KEF M500
2% (1)V-Moda M100
9% (4)Audio Technica ATH 900X
6% (3)Sennheiser Momentum
2% (1)Sony Mdr r1
9% (4)Nad Viso HP50 (?)
4% (2)PSB M4U1
4% (2)Yamaha Pro500
50% (22)MrSpeakers Mad Dog
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 359/18/13 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #33 of 359/28/13 at 7:44pm
First off. I'd change the quality of my source. It's not hard to get lossless versions of your MP3's. If the song is less than 320kbs I wouldn't touch it.
Second I most def would invest in a DAC/AMP (FiiO-E17). Man this thing just transforms the sound into something magical. It gives density to your music. Play with the EQs.
Lastly while I did love the HE-400 they are not portable. I don't know if this is important to you. You will definitely hear the music on the outside. Open headphones leak..period. The benefit of an open headphone is it's got a bigger soundstage. Now I didn't really understand the concept of soundstage when I got into headphones but shopping around I quickly realized that this is one of the most important things to look for in a pair of cans. generally, Open cans = big soundstage, closed cans = small to medium soundstage. How I can describe soundstage is basically listening to a pair of cans with a small soundstage like the Senn HD-25 (which I owned of a while and really liked) is like listening to an orchestra in a small room. The instruments feel like they are kind of on top of each other. Listening to the same songs on say an HD-600, It sounds like you are in a proper auditorium. Now some will say with certain genre this doesn't matter but i think it makes all music sound better when the soundstage is nice and big.
If you have an apple store near you see how many on this list are available there. They have a 14 day return policy that is amazing. When I was can shopping I took advantage of this. If they have the momentums I say spend some time with those. Those are my current headphones. I find they are a bit hard to drive. Putting them on the FiiO really makes them sound incredible. They are a great all around headphone. Enough bass to satisfy with sophisticated mids and highs.
The forum has been a buzz with these Keff M500. They look sleek as hell. I'm getting them on Tuesday to try out. People seem to like them over the Momentums.
Hope this helps.post #34 of 359/29/13 at 6:48amThread Starter
Open headphones arent really an option in my settings, i use a xonar phoebus soundcard which i expect would do somewhat better than a fiio,
for portable use i have the UE 600 vi.
I use itunes files which i think are 320 kbps AAC's :)post #35 of 352/26/14 at 9:48amI love the Momentum so much I bought a second pair. They scale up well with amplification. Plus, they look way better than all the other headphones out there. I would not want to be seen in public wearing an HP 50 or a pair of mad dogs.
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Does FiiO X1 plays in car's usb port? 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2