Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones - Page 66

post #976 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey99 View Post

My B&W P7s stink ... literally. Out of the box they had a very strong chemical smell. Several weeks later the smell has faded and is tolerable but is still there. It seems to be from the leather. Has anyone else experienced this?

Otherwise, I have really been enjoying them.

You don't like the smell of leather? Cuz i love it:D
post #977 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaerimasu View Post

You don't like the smell of leather? Cuz i love it:D

+1 love the feel of them and the smell is just a bonus
post #978 of 1120

I just found out that B&W does not ship accessories to Canada? Soooo along the road if I need a cable replacement or earpad replacement what am I suppose to do? Why does it seem that Canadians always seem to get the middle finger? I sent them a email just now so I'm seeing if its true. 

post #979 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey99 View Post

My B&W P7s stink ... literally. Out of the box they had a very strong chemical smell. Several weeks later the smell has faded and is tolerable but is still there. It seems to be from the leather. Has anyone else experienced this?

Otherwise, I have really been enjoying them.

 

Odd. I tried the P7 and 3 different stores and I never noticed any sort of "chemical smell". My pair smell of leather, like a sofa, that is it.

 

I have no idea what they do with the leather, but I assume there is some sort of chemical treatment during production. Sounds like you might have gotten a pair where something went wrong.

post #980 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriddler View Post
 

I just found out that B&W does not ship accessories to Canada? Soooo along the road if I need a cable replacement or earpad replacement what am I suppose to do? Why does it seem that Canadians always seem to get the middle finger? I sent them a email just now so I'm seeing if its true. 

 

Because of Justin Bieber?...that would be my best guess. <grin>

 

It does stink if B&W won't ship to Canada, I ordered a 5m cable from them for mine and loved that they didn't charge for shipping.

 

Good luck!

post #981 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post
 

 

Because of Justin Bieber?...that would be my best guess. <grin>

 

It does stink if B&W won't ship to Canada, I ordered a 5m cable from them for mine and loved that they didn't charge for shipping.

 

Good luck!

They actually sell a 16ft cable?  Do they advertise this at all?  Does it have matching ends to the original?  Sorry for the questions, just had not heard this.  

post #982 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post
 

They actually sell a 16ft cable?  Do they advertise this at all?  Does it have matching ends to the original?  Sorry for the questions, just had not heard this.  

This is the one I bought and it does have end that match the original (they have others on the site): 

 

http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-parts/index.php/bw/headphones/p7/p7-black-5-meter-standard-audio-cable.html

post #983 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post
 

This is the one I bought and it does have end that match the original (they have others on the site): 

 

http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-parts/index.php/bw/headphones/p7/p7-black-5-meter-standard-audio-cable.html

Thanks!  I didn't even know about this magic site...

post #984 of 1120

No problem at all, if you bought the P7's you can sign up for 3 free months of their "Society of Sound" and download free 16 and 24 bit FLAC albums. 

 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Downloads/downloads.html

post #985 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post

No problem at all, if you bought the P7's you can sign up for 3 free months of their "Society of Sound" and download free 16 and 24 bit FLAC albums. 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Downloads/downloads.html

And ALAC. smily_headphones1.gif
post #986 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decreate View Post
 

Anyone know whether anyone is doing a custom cable for these headphones?

Available in a variety of jacks, including straight and angled,

 

 

 

 

3 wire P5 cables, also available for the P7 for those who fancy a thinner configuration,

 

 

Available with a large variety of wires with prices starting at £85.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/27/14 at 11:07pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #987 of 1120
Interesting, the cable that comes with the p7 seem better than descent, especially if you're using it as a portable rig. How much do these set you back?

Edit

Seems like they'll set you back $300ish... That's how much I paid for the headphones!

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=134
Edited by thekash - 3/27/14 at 11:17pm
post #988 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekash View Post

Interesting, the cable that comes with the p7 seem better than descent, especially if you're using it as a portable rig. How much do these set you back?

Edit

Seems like they'll set you back $300ish... That's how much I paid for the headphones!

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=134

Do I get a choice of reptiles with it? biggrin.gif
post #989 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekash View Post

Interesting, the cable that comes with the p7 seem better than descent, especially if you're using it as a portable rig. How much do these set you back?

Edit

Seems like they'll set you back $300ish... That's how much I paid for the headphones!

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=134

That's not my cable, our cables start at £85 as stated in my post and ours uses 4 wires, 3 wire versions would be even cheaper.

 

We don't have most of our products listed on the site, not been updated for 2 years due to how busy we have been, so orders are usually placed via PM or email.

 

A list can be found on my profile.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/28/14 at 12:08am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #990 of 1120

I just ordered a set of P7's, and they are arriving in a few hours!

I am an unabashed B&W Head, but I am fair. I'll be posting a stupidly in depth look at these cans, so keep your eyes out for it :)

To give you an idea of what kind of review to expect, check out my review of the Ultrasone HFI-680's:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/712114/captured-society-review-ultrasone-hfi-680

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones