Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones - Page 29

post #421 of 1119

These are probably one of the two most beautiful headphones I've ever encountered. Listening to them in a silent room really shows how detailed they are.

post #422 of 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadbythemelody View Post
 

These are probably one of the two most beautiful headphones I've ever encountered. Listening to them in a silent room really shows how detailed they are.

 

I agree; they look gorgeous. I was almost literally drooling over them when I first heard about them.

 

I personally like the... no, the P7 are the best looking headphones that I've ever seen.

post #423 of 1119

LMAO

post #424 of 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrophonic View Post

These headphones are absolutely gorgeous in person, very light and comfortable. They completely covered my ears and are slightly smaller than my M100's.Had a brief listen at the apple store and was very impressed with the detail and way they produce vocals. Too bad the jack was hidden so I couldn't test them with my portable amp.

Hey how do you think they compare to the PRO 500?
post #425 of 1119
^^ I'm going to try them out at J&R along with the Pro 500's with my amp tomorrow. Th P7 wins hands down as far as size, weight, and aesthetics are concerned.
post #426 of 1119

Okay, these cans are settling in nicely both on my ears, and sound wise. There were a couple of days where I thought the bass might be a little loose. Maybe I'm acclimating or the the individual music files were off. I don't know maybe burn in isn't a myth? But the bass punch doesn't sound flabby to me.

 

Jeff Golub, Susan Tedeschi, Vargas Blues Band, Joe Beck bring it on! I'm dialing in Genius mixes on iTunes and these headphones sound great to me.

 

I've never been much of a closed headphone fan, but I've got to tell you blocking out the family and/or coffee shop background noise sure allows me to enjoy the music more. They've even earned a spot next to my HD-650 for desktop play with my PSAudio amplifier and Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. I just wish there were longer cables available for desktop use.

 

I'm going to get a tube Schiit soon and see how these sound. Anyone out there already done this?

 

Bowers & Wilkins, after the P5 and P7 it is time to step up to a full sized P8 headphone if your listening. Don't let the Beats flood the streets!

 

This is going to be a great winter hibernation in the cold, cold, snowy midwest.


Edited by Jazz1 - 11/10/13 at 1:47pm
post #427 of 1119
I just auditioned these at the apple store for about 30 minutes. I was surprised to see (or hear) that I quite liked the sound! They sounded better then the momentum to me which I thought were pretty good already. The only small complaint is that the bass is a little more present and punchy than I like.

They are also comfortable and lighter than I thought they'd be.
post #428 of 1119

I love the punchy bass :ksc75smile:

post #429 of 1119

They sound like a good pair of loudspeakers.

post #430 of 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

They sound like a good pair of loudspeakers.

Imagine that from Bowers and Wilkins? :o

post #431 of 1119

True Story...

post #432 of 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
 

Okay, these cans are settling in nicely both on my ears, and sound wise. There were a couple of days where I thought the bass might be a little loose. Maybe I'm acclimating or the the individual music files were off. I don't know maybe burn in isn't a myth? But the bass punch doesn't sound flabby to me.

 

Jeff Golub, Susan Tedeschi, Vargas Blues Band, Joe Beck bring it on! I'm dialing in Genius mixes on iTunes and these headphones sound great to me.

 

I've never been much of a closed headphone fan, but I've got to tell you blocking out the family and/or coffee shop background noise sure allows me to enjoy the music more. They've even earned a spot next to my HD-650 for desktop play with my PSAudio amplifier and Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. I just wish there were longer cables available for desktop use.

 

I'm going to get a tube Schiit soon and see how these sound. Anyone out there already done this?

 

Bowers & Wilkins, after the P5 and P7 it is time to step up to a full sized P8 headphone if your listening. Don't let the Beats flood the streets!

 

This is going to be a great winter hibernation in the cold, cold, snowy midwest.

They need to refresh the P5 first.  And my guess is that it will be a P9, rather than a P8.  ;)

post #433 of 1119
Love the P7. Finally B&W make a headphone worthy of their illustrious pedigree. Exciting to see where they go next
post #434 of 1119

i feeeel like hitting the bUY button....... somebodie stoppppp me :deadhorse: 

post #435 of 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

i feeeel like hitting the bUY button....... somebodie stoppppp me :deadhorse: 

Do it!  I just hit BUY today.  I can't wait for these puppies to come in!  They have a tracking number, but they are not in UPS hands yet...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones