Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones - Page 87

post #1291 of 1301
I removed the left ear pad from my P7 headphones recently and was dismayed to find the middle of the cone had been dented. Does this affect the sound quality output of the driver?

post #1292 of 1301

I can't imagine that it would be good for it, but I don't know if it would affect the sound. 

I'd certainly contact B&W's Service department. Good luck!

post #1293 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratino View Post

I removed the left ear pad from my P7 headphones recently and was dismayed to find the middle of the cone had been dented. Does this affect the sound quality output of the driver?

Have you checked by listening so far?

post #1294 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnKenneth View Post
 

Have you checked by listening so far?

 

Tried listening to it, doesn't seem to have a difference although I've been using it so sparingly lately (weekly or fortnightly) that I'll be surprised if I could clearly differentiate how it sounded.

post #1295 of 1301

I had another listen to the Audeze LCD-XC at a hifi shop using ALO Audio Rx -Mk 2. It was still a very enjoyable sounding experience.  Unfortunately the assistant refused it to be connected to my portable amp iBasso, jds, or my laptop with audio engine d3!  

The P7 in the B & W showroom sounded very nice on my amps but this was at another shop that does not carry any Audeze.

post #1296 of 1301


Anyone using their P7 with the Schiit Magni/modi 2 Uber combo ?

post #1297 of 1301
I am using mine with a modi 1 and a magni 2 non Uber. No issues that I have found so far.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
post #1298 of 1301
Is it a noticeable step up from listening straight out of a computer for the magni modi setups?

I've started looking into desktop setups and I don't really want to start too expensive. Magni and modi are always reasonably recommended for low price points too.
post #1299 of 1301

Anyone here who has owned both the V-Moda M100 and the P7 capable of sharing any impressions?

post #1300 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

Anyone here who has owned both the V-Moda M100 and the P7 capable of sharing any impressions?
I've never owned the m100 but if it helps, I've auditioned it heaps prior to buying the p7. Owned the momentums over ear previously before and was not satisfied with the bass as it had rumble but doesn't go really deep plus feared the headband would get bent. M100 seemed almost the same with less rumble but the build quality is really excellent thus really considered it..but P7 has better and deeper bass plus overall clarity, scales better/well w amplification/volume and is more musical. M100 could be more linear though, but I don't really go for true linear.. Just play by ear smily_headphones1.gif build quality you get real leather instead of fake leather on the m100
post #1301 of 1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaktiv View Post


I've never owned the m100 but if it helps, I've auditioned it heaps prior to buying the p7. Owned the momentums over ear previously before and was not satisfied with the bass as it had rumble but doesn't go really deep plus feared the headband would get bent. M100 seemed almost the same with less rumble but the build quality is really excellent thus really considered it..but P7 has better and deeper bass plus overall clarity, scales better/well w amplification/volume and is more musical. M100 could be more linear though, but I don't really go for true linear.. Just play by ear smily_headphones1.gif build quality you get real leather instead of fake leather on the m100

 

Hmm. I returned the Momentum Over Ear for the M100's because the M100's had far more bass in every way imaginable and it wasnt sloppy, muddy bass either. I had a chance to audition the P7's once about a year ago and I remember being impressed and noticing that they had some authority down low, not quite M100 quantity, but still impressive sound. I just wanted to see if I could get an opinion from someone who has had a lot of experience with both sets of cans.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones