Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones - Page 73

post #1081 of 1094

I went ahead and bought the August case from Amazon, and it is just slightly too snug for my taste. If you are willing to push your headband adjustment all the way down and have to readjust it every time you put your headphones on, then this case may work fine. I am personally not willing to do that, and I didn't care for the oval plate of the headphones (that says Bowers & Wilkins) rubbing against the back of the case slightly (you could see where it was already starting to leave a mark on the case). I also didn't like the leather sides of the headband slightly rubbing against the inside of the case as well.

 

None of these issues were major in any way, but I love my P7s, and I am paranoid about what this constant rubbing could possibly do over time, especially to the leather of the headband. I will probably just return the case and keep the one that I have now. While my current case is kind of big, it's fairly well padded, and I don't have any of the issues that I had with the August case.

 

Again, others may not mind these issues (most of which can be fixed by pushing the headband adjustment down), but they bothered me, and I decided to just pass on this case.


Edited by Illustrator76 - 7/9/14 at 3:05pm
post #1082 of 1094

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll bite the bullet and give the Casebudi a try.  I should have it Friday and I'll leave my feedback after I check it out!

 

Edit: Where about do you live, Illustrator?  I see the Lions logo and I can't imagine anyone outside of Detroit showing off that logo!  I'm up in the Utica area.


Edited by randy98mtu - 7/9/14 at 6:00pm
post #1083 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post
 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll bite the bullet and give the Casebudi a try.  I should have it Friday and I'll leave my feedback after I check it out!

 

Edit: Where about do you live, Illustrator?  I see the Lions logo and I can't imagine anyone outside of Detroit showing off that logo!  I'm up in the Utica area.

 

Come one man, don't dog our home team like that, lol. Plenty of people jumped on the bandwagon when the Lions went 10-6 and made it to the playoffs. The people that try to talk bad about the Lions don't really know anything about the team. They always talk about how horrible our defense is and how we need corners, yet the statistics show that our defense wasn't that bad at all last year, it was the stupid turnovers and lack of offensive weapons that really hurt us.

 

I live in the Macomb County/Utica area as well.

post #1084 of 1094

I'm one of those who doesn't follow that closely.  I used to follow the Wings pretty closely, but then I got married and had 4 kids in 5 years...

 

Just pulled my P7's out of the B&W "case" and noticed a number of impressions on the leather in different places.  Not sure how you store them, but I fold them and then wrap the cord around the headband.  I used to just stuff them in my bag like that, but now I've started putting them in the B&W case and then in my bag.  I'm hoping this CASEBUDi is decent and then I can start putting them in that and probably clipping it to the outside of my bag.

 

I probably have 20-30 hours on my replacement P7's.  I can't say I've noticed any change in the sound.  I really enjoy these cans.

post #1085 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post
 

I'm one of those who doesn't follow that closely.  I used to follow the Wings pretty closely, but then I got married and had 4 kids in 5 years...

 

Just pulled my P7's out of the B&W "case" and noticed a number of impressions on the leather in different places.  Not sure how you store them, but I fold them and then wrap the cord around the headband.  I used to just stuff them in my bag like that, but now I've started putting them in the B&W case and then in my bag.  I'm hoping this CASEBUDi is decent and then I can start putting them in that and probably clipping it to the outside of my bag.

 

I probably have 20-30 hours on my replacement P7's.  I can't say I've noticed any change in the sound.  I really enjoy these cans.

 

Yeah, the impressions on the leather is something that I have gotten as well, even after storing the headphones in a spacious case. None of them are anything major or large at all, but I did notice the impressions, and unfortunately I think it may something that is unavoidable. After goofing around some more, I found that you can bend and shape that August case a bit to help fit the P7s a little better, but it will still be a slightly snug fit, but as I said before, adjusting the headband will probably fix this issue. I may see if I can get the case to conform to my headphones WITHOUT adjusting the headband. If I can get that to work, the case may be worth keeping.

 

Also, MAN! 4 kids in 5 years?!?! WHEW! How are you still sane?


Edited by Illustrator76 - 7/10/14 at 6:17am
post #1086 of 1094

Who says I am or ever was sane? :)

post #1087 of 1094

I'm finding my P7's a bit uncomfortable. Is there anything else out there that sounds similar, at a similar price point that is perhaps a bit more comfortable? 

 

I have Momentums and I prefer the style and fit but the P7 is a bit more refined (less bloated bass, better separation and detail).

 

Maybe KEF M500?

post #1088 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pang View Post
 

I'm finding my P7's a bit uncomfortable. Is there anything else out there that sounds similar, at a similar price point that is perhaps a bit more comfortable? 

 

I have Momentums and I prefer the style and fit but the P7 is a bit more refined (less bloated bass, better separation and detail).

 

Maybe KEF M500?

 

The Nad Viso HP50 might be better suited for you.

I've got both and although I slightly prefer the P7 overall there isn't a great deal in it to be honest.  The Nad's probably dont have as much bass punch and the highs not as forward but they dont clamp the head quite as much as the P7.  Both are better than the Senns for me, was going to sell one of the 2 when I had tried them but like them both too much to sell either.

post #1089 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post
 

 

The Nad Viso HP50 might be better suited for you.

I've got both and although I slightly prefer the P7 overall there isn't a great deal in it to be honest.  The Nad's probably dont have as much bass punch and the highs not as forward but they dont clamp the head quite as much as the P7.  Both are better than the Senns for me, was going to sell one of the 2 when I had tried them but like them both too much to sell either.

 

Interesting. Only last week I won some Viso HP20 in-ears and am quite impressed by the sound. 

Thanks.

post #1090 of 1094

Guys, someone comparing B&W P7 with Sony 1R/1RBT? 
Significant difference between them in sound?

post #1091 of 1094

Any updates on finding a good hard case for them? I'm leaning heavily towards picking up a pair of these, but I'd want to be able to safely travel with them. Thanks!

post #1092 of 1094

Sorry, just saw your post and didn't have time to go back and see if you're looking for a case that holds the P7's while folded. I bought this one for my HE-400 and He-500's and later decided to grab yet another for my P7's so that I could leave them open and adjusted to fit me without having to readjust them every time I take them out of the case.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NE7B06/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Its a tiny bit bigger than needed but with the P7's opened up only the headband will move side to side an inch or so if you shake the case so I place a piece of foam in with them when traveling. The rest of the time (at home or at the office) I simply put them in the case, zip it shut and they fit great.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you're looking for. 

post #1093 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by duo2sonic View Post
 

Any updates on finding a good hard case for them? I'm leaning heavily towards picking up a pair of these, but I'd want to be able to safely travel with them. Thanks!

 

In the links below I posted that the August case on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/August-BAG650-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B00J7N7CIO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406107431&sr=8-1&keywords=august+case) work for the P7s with a little tweaking and if you are willing to push your headband adjustment down while storing the P7s. This is probably the best hard case you will find that will fit the P7's form factor when folded while also giving you some decent protection.

 

Hope this helps.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681976/bowers-wilkins-p7-over-the-ear-headphones/1080#post_10698703

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/681976/bowers-wilkins-p7-over-the-ear-headphones/1080#post_10698703

post #1094 of 1094

Thanks for your replies. I'm leaning towards the larger one. If I get these, they'll probably be what I bring to work every day for my lunchtime music/Netflix. I fear that adjusting them everyday for the smaller case will cause too much wear and tear.


Edited by duo2sonic - Yesterday at 8:09 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones