OK, somebody tell me, according to Shure, the low-pass filter makes it a true subwoofer... does it mean it can surpass the dynamic drivers or even the actual (full-size) subwoofers? Thanks,... :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K3003I Reference Class 3-Way Earphones with Mic and Controltagged by daydesiang, 9/20/13
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by daydesiang, 9/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- $250 Audioquest Victoria cables vs $150 audioquest Sydneys vs cheap $20 Monster 800i cables Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- westone star foam tips,best tips i have used Last post on 12/10/13 at 9:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wearing IEMs in your nose? Last post on 12/10/13 at 5:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846's with custom silver cables: Discussion of top amp combinations (less/eql to $600) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- my left monitor for Shure 846 died mid song !! Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
Related Head Gear
- AKG K3003I Reference Class 3-Way Earphones with...No review yet.
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
A brief comparison/review of the AKG K3003i vs the Shure SE846 - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh yeah, and one more thing (I'm still a rookie for IEMs, so pls mind me asking silly questions), I thought it won't be sold until next year or something, how on earth did you get to try it out??? :D
The bass is actually phenomenal, and I'm not a fan of the word at all. It's very nice, albeit a bit overemphasized at times; it's very accurate to a true subwoofer indeed.
I own it, it's been out since mid July.
Another possibility is the imput impedance of 9ohm. The sound of the 846 is VERY dependent on the source.
Just spit balling here but in looking at the freqphase it strikes me that Shure's bass tunnel is the anti freqphase. If freqphase brings the waves from all the BAs to the ear at once... the bass tunnel puts the bass way out of time from the others no?
I think both the SE846 and the JH freq phase attack the problem inherent in using an all BA driver system to inhance the clarity and depth of the bass without overwhelming the mids. The hybrids like the AKG 3001 and 1plus2 are the other way to deal with the problem.
Time alignment would sound like precise staging, highly focused sound. Any fuzziness or instruments taking more than a pinpoint in space would be delay. Given the distance it's not like it'll smear enough to notice it as a separate thing ;) So pinpoint or fuzzy?
So you mean it can match up to those dynamic drivers???
So you mean it can match up to those dynamic drivers???
It outclasses most of what's on the market currently
That bass tunnel is actually a filter, meaning it's supposed to cut out frequencies. It's not meant to introduce some kind of delay.
- A brief comparison/review of the AKG K3003i vs the Shure SE846
- › Sound card for around 50$ 12 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 40 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 42 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › After lots of research, I need help choosing among headphones for... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: iBasso PB2 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 Pictures and Impressions! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe