Originally Posted by nmatheis
1. First and foremost, I'd like to see overall stability increased. Fix the freezes and ensure files are recognized properly.
2. I'd like to see a parametric eq.
3. I'd like the ability to delete the DB from the X3 instead of having to do it from the desktop.
4. I'd like to be able to choose a solid black background.
5. I'd like to be able to choose different fonts, particularly larger ones.
Can someone tell me how getting Artist -> Albums -> Tracks to work via ID3 tags is better than just browsing. Is it because your file organization is off? My file hierarchy pretty much matches my ID3 tags. If I catch something that is off, I correct it. So for me, browsing through folders is pretty much the same. At least, I think it is.
Absolutely agree with number 3. Hopefully that option can be added in an update.
As far as 4 & 5 go, you can do this by modifying the theme yourself. Unfortunately you can't just choose a larger font point size, but if you do get an inherently larger font you can just replace it altogether.
I keep my files really well organized too (well, musicbee does for me), so I find browsing works just the same as artist>albums>tracks would in category mode if/when that gets fixed. I can understand that some folks might not want to do all the file management themselves and would rather just dump everything into 1 or 2 folders and rely on the tags for sorting. Funny thing is that when I'm using Rockbox I never use the file browser, only the database...go figure.