Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-250 for $27.80 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DT-250 for $27.80 ? - Page 5

post #61 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehurts View Post
 

I would but I'll probably cancel your order without telling you.

 

Lol!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post
 

I've been a prime member for years, and I've been denied by multiple representatives. 

 

I'll just drop it. Don't know if it would "sound" as good knowing I had haggled it for a price I knew I shouldn't have gotten it for.

 

 

Thanks for posting that. I might still try.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #62 of 75

Well, I managed to get a $30 dollar promotional credit as well. No dice on honoring the price though. Oh well, better than I expected. 

post #63 of 75

Nope as soon as they were in stock they shipped one to me guess I got lucky! :D

post #64 of 75

I didn't want to post prematurely when they shipped mine last week (could have been pads, etc), but they arrived Monday and I had a solid evening listening to them yesterday. 250 ohms, velor pads. I initially tried them straight off my work computer and was surprised by how good they sounded unamped; I was able to get adequate volume easily although obviously the details weren't all there. Running them at home off my cheap-o fiio e10, they sound sublime (and I imagine I am still not reaching everything they can do).

 

I'm going to give it a week or so, but based on initial impressions I am strongly considering selling off some my excess headphones (V-Moda M80, Grado SR225) and parring down to just this and the AD900. Detail and imaging are fantastic, and soundstage is very strong for a closed ear headphone. Previously I've only been 'blown away' by open headphones, but I live in NYC and sometimes external noise is unavoidable, even when working in my room. I believe these will remedy that problem...

 

Now the question- what amp (and portable amp) to really get the most out of these?!

post #65 of 75
Whoever got these for the $26 and now is selling them on ebay for almost full retail, Except my offer damn it, $52 is double what you paid biggrin.gif Check the selling history, these don't fly off the shelf, just saying!!

EDIT, my bad i'll make it $54 wink.gif

EDIT# 2..I heard back from the seller (He's posted in this tread, I'll be nice and not name him) He want's $100, LMAO yeah, I'm going to pay you 3x what you paid. Not happing my friend. I just bought 3 brand new CALS off Ebay for $80 shipped to my door. And that's right I'll sale the other 2 set for what I paid + shipping. I don't have a Business Postal Acct.
Edited by Magicman74 - 10/10/13 at 12:38am
post #66 of 75

Better yet, sell it on this forum for that so you don't have to pay ebay fees... preferably to someone who got shipped pads instead of headphones. :biggrin:

post #67 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

Better yet, sell it on this forum for that so you don't have to pay ebay fees... preferably to someone who got shipped pads instead of headphones. biggrin.gif
LOL, I got pads as well but I can use them. One offer I made was a no-go.. Good luck with that sell. Two I repeat Two sets sold on all of ebay in the last year...Might be better to sale them here but I'm sure they wouldn't sell at full retail they are asking. There are sets for sale now in the FS and aren't selling. Plus the ones are US shipping only. It's $36 bucks to ship overseas so full retail + 36 is near $180...Best of luck.....LOL
post #68 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post

Whoever got these for the $26 and now is selling them on ebay for almost full retail, Except my offer damn it, $52 is double what you paid biggrin.gif Check the selling history, these don't fly off the shelf, just saying!!

EDIT, my bad i'll make it $54 wink.gif

 

 

I'm interested as well if anyone from Canada is looking to sell their pair. Just shoot me a PM.

post #69 of 75

Mine arrived on Saturday.  Thanks OP and GloryUprising especially.

post #70 of 75

Got mine for just under $28.  For that change, they are ridiculous.  Bass is lacking - these are balanced, accurate phones.  Uncomfortable for me as shipped but with HM5 pads just fine.  Great build quality.  Really, crazy good for $28.  If they were at retail around $160 I would be disappointed.

post #71 of 75

I really need to unsubscribe from this thread... it makes me grumpy every time I get an update! :p

post #72 of 75

mine arrived a week ago and I've been loving it ever since

post #73 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthman View Post
 

Got mine for just under $28.  For that change, they are ridiculous.  Bass is lacking - these are balanced, accurate phones.  Uncomfortable for me as shipped but with HM5 pads just fine.  Great build quality.  Really, crazy good for $28.  If they were at retail around $160 I would be disappointed.

There is a mod for that to give it DT770 bass

post #74 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

I really need to unsubscribe from this thread... it makes me grumpy every time I get an update! :p

 

We should start up a grumpy club thread lol.

post #75 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

I really need to unsubscribe from this thread... it makes me grumpy every time I get an update! tongue.gif

Send me a pm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-250 for $27.80 ?